French Grammar For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
More to Explore: See More French Guides
From the Inside Flap
- Grasp parts of speech, sentence construction, and verb tenses
- Enhance your descriptive speech with adverbs, adjectives, and prepositions
- Practice your grammar skills as you go
Master French grammar? Easy.
Do you need help with using French? This hands-on, friendly guide teaches you the grammatical rules of the French language, including parts of speech, sentence construction, and verb tenses and moods. Throughout the book, you get plenty of practice opportunities to help you meet your goal of mastering basic French grammar and usage.
- Begin with the basics discover how to use various parts of speech and deal with numbers, dates, and times
- Simple stuff find out how to build simple sentences, use negative words and expressions, and ask questions
- Go to the next level get the scoop on using pronominal verbs, employing the passive, making comparisons, and adding gerunds
- Don't be so tense grasp verb tenses you'll use all the time: the present, the present perfect, the imperfect, and the future
- Be moody get up to speed in a hurry on the conditional, subjunctive, and imperative moods
Open the book and find:
- Information on nouns, adjectives, verbs, and other basic parts of speech
- Guidance on dealing with numbers, dates, and times
- Tips for constructing simple sentences and questions
- The scoop on making sentences more descriptive with comparisons, negative words, and more
- Different verb tenses and moods
- Ten common French grammar mistakes (and how to avoid them)
- Plenty of examples and practice opportunities
- Publisher : For Dummies; 1st edition (April 22, 2013)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1118502515
- ISBN-13 : 978-1118502518
- Item Weight : 1.2 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.9 x 0.9 x 9.8 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #353,008 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There's a lot to this book and there are some valuable references, I'm sure (I'm still going through it). A "Dummies" book on any language is a daunting task, and the author has done a nice job in many ways here. But I would not use this as my initial guide for French grammar.