Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on August 9, 2013
I wasn't quite sure if I was ready for this book yet but it is so well written that I couldn't put it down. Buy this! Buy this now!
on June 3, 2016
Good book
on March 25, 2015
The book was as described and it came promptly. I am pleased.
on December 1, 2014
excellent seller; great book
on February 6, 2013
Fr. Baur (OSB) provides many reasons for frequent (about every week or two) Confession. In addition, he lays out a well-reasoned and Scriptural basis for many other means for spiritual growth in the life of a committed Catholic. You'll never have a lack of meditation material if you also bring this book to you in prayer. Outstanding in every way.
on January 24, 2013
I'm sold on the idea of frequent confession as a means for spiritual growth.
Excellent explication of the benefits of frequent confession.
on June 5, 2010
Positively a MUST READ for all Catholics and non-Catholics alike. The forgiveness of sin takes place by the power of the sacrament, that is, by the power of Christ himself. In the sacrament of Penance, says the Council of Trent, "the merits of the death of Christ are applied to those who have sinned after Baptism" (Session XIV, ch. 1).The Sacrament of Penance cures the soul from the weakness that follows sin and from the weariness and coldness toward the things of God, and the inclination toward worldliness.
on June 12, 2011
Recommend to any Catholic who wants to know a LOT more about Confession. I'd also recommend it to any Christian who would like a greater insight into love, forgiveness, and the graces the good Lord has for us.

==============================

I'll admit I don't know nearly as much as I should about this lovely sacrament called Confession. I've always had a few questions that I never really had a definite answer for. Sure, I'd ask my confessors, read the Catechism, read Vatican documents, and look around for the Apologetics take on some of these finer aspects of Reconciliation... but it wasn't until this book that I had them answered.

I'm a little ashamed it took me so long to read this book... but you know what? I'd actually recommend that this book be sipped... mulled over... meditated upon... read, stop, pray, and absorb. There is so much truth, love, and understanding packed into this book that it should not be rushed through.

I know some will immediately turn away as this is a book written by a Catholic about a Catholic tenant... but I would honestly recommend this book to ANY Christian that desired to inspect deeper facets of the Lord's love and forgiveness. It sure will open you up to greater understanding in the Lord's passion for His children.
on June 14, 2014
I'm sure this book has plenty of merit. However, it claims it was written for lay people as well as religious, but then the author goes on to say that most lay people will basically never make a good confession. It was, frankly, condescending. I was also more than a little disturbed by the way a priest described lay confessions. Who does he think is reading this, anyway? People who don't take it seriously?

I would recommend reading Pardon and Peace by Fr. Francis Randolph (Ignatius Press) instead. It gives tons of history, Biblical examples, and practical advice. I got tons of deeper insight into the sacrament itself, as well as its application to every day life in all different vocations. It's a step deeper than your typical "here's why Confession's important/apologetic" book. Best of all, it's written by a priest who clearly wants all penitents to get more out of the sacrament. And he's down to earth about it, without holding back knowledge.
on August 12, 2007
The book has help me tremendously in my faith and spirituality. It is a must read for all Catholics.

Deacon Anthony LaTerza