- Save 5% when you purchase both Cast Iron Products (Skillet and Griddle) offered by Fresh Australian Kitchen when you purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply). Here's how (restrictions apply)
Fresh Australian Kitchen Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet 12.5 Inch.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- EPIC DURABILITY – With Care, Your Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Will Last for Generations to Come. Made from Heavy Duty, Commercial Quality Cast Iron, each Skillet Comes Pre-Seasoned and Ready to Use, Straight Out of the Box.
- BEAUTIFULLY VERSATILE – Fry, Bake, Sauté, Grill, Broil, Braise, Sear with your Skillet Pan. Each Skillet is Oven Safe and Suitable to be Used on a Gas, Electric or most Induction Stoves… at Home, on an Outdoor Range or Grill or Camping.
- LEGENDARY HEAT RETENTION – Allowing Even Cooking for Superb and Delicious Results.
- IRON-4-IRON – Many People Suffer from Iron Deficiency. Iron Cookware Fortifies Food with Iron.
- FRESH AUSTRALIAN KITCHEN – Products for A Healthy, Outdoors, Lifestyle… With the Security of a Lifetime Guarantee.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Fresh Australian Kitchen
At Fresh Australian Kitchen, we believe that culinary talent and creativity comes from the cook.
Our funnels and cookware have been designed to let you explore and expand those abilities.
Our products will help you to experiment and play with different flavors styles and ideas.
And most importantly, they will never let you down!
Made to be simple and durable. Strong and robust. For experts and learners.
So, get curious, unleash your creativity, get cooking….
Care for your cast iron skillet
Seasoning cast iron is relatively easy and will help make your skillet last a lifetime.
Seasoning occurs when fats and oils on the cast iron are heated above their ‘smoking point’. Essentially the fats and oils cook into the surface and create a tough hard film that give a natural ‘non-stick’ finish and keep the cast iron protected.
How to Season
- Wash thoroughly. Before seasoning you can wash with soap but do not use soap once the cast iron has been seasoned.
- Cover the cookware with a thin film of oil – on all surfaces, including the outside.
- Gently rub the oil off with paper towel so it looks like there is nothing left on the surface. The cast iron should look dry and not glistening with oil.
- Place upside down in a cold oven. Put aluminium foil underneath to catch any drips.
- Turn the oven to 500 °F (or as high as your oven will go) and let the cookware pre heat in the oven.
- When it reaches maximum temperature, set the timer for one hour, after an hour turn the oven off but do not open the door.
- Let the oven cool off with the cookware inside for two hours at which time the cast iron should be cool enough to handle.
- For best results repeat this process to achieve the semi-gloss, seasoned cast iron you are aiming for.
- Make sure you re-season using this process from time to time. If you do it right the seasoning should last for months as long as you don’t undo the seasoning by using soap or too much scraping.
- Be sure to completely dry the cast iron cookware before storing
- If you need to remove rust use a mixture of salt and oil and scrub it hard into the rust. Then rinse thoroughly in hot water. Use steel wool if necessary.
- Once you have removed the rust…re-season.
Cast iron has been proven for its excellent potential in cooking over the centuries. Our hand crafted cast iron skillet will last for generations to come. Its legendary heat retrntion allows even cooking for superb and delicious results. Furthermore iron cookware is known to fortify food with iron.