BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on April 18, 2016
Dead Kennedys were sometimes compared to the Sex Pistols in the press, but their lyrics were much smarter and more insightful, and East Bay Ray a much more inventive guitarist than Steve Jones. A lot of people misunderstood Biafra's habit of writing in the first person, thinking that he really endorsed the behavior he was actually attacking. DKs were a huge influence on me in my developing world view as a young person, and I'm glad I encountered them. Sadly, the production is a little flat - I wish it could have had the fuller, more powerful sound of their first two singles.
on August 18, 2012
This is a great album, a short sharp punch that contains everything that was good about early punk. It has politics, ethos and humour in spades. However, I do still have the vinyl alternative tentacles version of Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death album and must say that this Manifesto release on 180gr vinyl could be considered somewhat flat in comparison. While the packaging is excellent and worthy of the "Deluxe" tag I feel that the mix does NOT give the music space to breathe. This is punk rock and the bass and drums is where the dynamic of the music is most heard and on this release it's all a bit homogenised or flat sounding. However, getting an original version of this album is all but out of the question these days so this is as good as we've got available and I'm happy to have it. The songs are great but they could have made this on 120gr vinyl and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference - a waste of 60grams of vinyl - but still a classic.
on January 30, 2015
The primary reason I bought this album was because of the song "Holiday in Cambodia", and the reason why I kept on listening to the rest of this album was because of the other great tracks that this album has, such as "Kill the Poor", "California Uber Alles", "When Ya Get Drafted" and "Drug Me". What really drew me in to these songs was how relevant many of the lyrics are to this very day despite the fact that this album was released over thirty years ago, as well as the neat sound that this band had. The only complaint I have is that this remastering sucks on vinyl, but other than that, this album is definitely worth checking out if you want some punk rock with kick ass drums and guitars and nice lyrics.
on August 1, 2017
Have always loved the DK's and this is my favourite of their albums, great to have now in CD so I can play their Hard rock/Punk in the car when I feel like amping my mood up and remembering the good old days when music is great unlike for so many decades excepting the odd band here and there. This get's you fired up nicely but please don't get to worked up and end in Road Rage.
on September 17, 2017
Great album
on June 5, 2017
Classic album, every track a gem!
on April 12, 2008
Dead Kennedys are an essential part of history of alternative / punk culture, they were the Sex Pistols of Amerika. The same load of energy and anger, but much more intellectual. Strong lyrics, great music and good quality musicians. This album is the first and captures the most important pieces made by DK including Kill The Poor, California Uber Alles, Holiday in Cambodia and Vivat Las Vegas. The attached DVD contains brief documentary view into the history of the band and interviews with several members, friends and critiques. It really helped me to understand better the context of the album, but also was very entertaining showing some amusing stories like Jello Biafra running for Governor of California. I can highly recommend this album, it is a must for CD / DVD collection of anyone with some roots in alternative culture.
on July 19, 2017
Lovely music. I want more of their music album. I love the music so much
on March 3, 2017
One of the best punk bands ever .. loved them as a kid and some 30 years later this album sounds just as good now as it did then .
on April 15, 2015
Its an amazing album, every song is hit, good stuff.