Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 77 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 79 reviews
on December 16, 2011
Maybe I'm just biased from having made plenty of 'miniature' desserts for events, or from assuming that the donuts commonly found in shops like Dunkin' are large sized, rather than standard, but this pan more than suited my needs.

The donuts that it produces are bite-sized, akin to the size of a 'mini-cupcake' that you might find in stores, or used in cake lollipops. Depending on the recipe you use, they do puff up a bit, and the ones that I made were a little over an inch and a half in diameter, as described, and able to be eaten in a couple bites. (If I make a circle with my middle finger and thumb, that would be about the right size, though I admittedly don't have the biggest hands.)

The silicone was actually great, in that donuts cooked evenly, and once they were done, a quick twist of the pan popped them right onto the plate. Obviously, if you're looking to make donuts to fill up a full meal, check for a larger cavity size, with fewer donuts per pan. That said, if you want MINI donuts, in a size that would be better for snacking or sharing, don't let the negative comments dissuade you. This pan is just fine.
on August 1, 2016
I like baking but it's not something I do regularly. That said, I love trying different things and donuts have always been on my list. My stomach cannot handle fried foods so I wanted something I could bake them in PLUS I was looking for a mini size as they work better for sharing and taste-testing.

The donuts come out of the oven nicely and are easy to remove from the silicone pan. Like some other reviews have said, I filled them only half-way up the centre bit and the donuts came out perfectly. If you over-fill the pan, the dough comes over that middle bit that creates the hole and you get a cake with a dent. I want to add to the folks shouting about the hole, the product description says that this can be used to make multiple things, including non-food items. I can only assume this is why the hole doesn't come up all the way like most donut-specific pans. Regardless of the intent, I was inspired to take advantage of this to create mini tarts and savoury appetisers as well, so maybe other adults can think outside the donut hole to find multiple uses for this product FFS. In fact, they have a plethora of suggestions in the product description: "Many customers have found creative ways to use Freshware silicone molds (depending upon the shape) to create delicious homemade cupcakes, muffins, brownies, cookies, cheesecakes, quiches, breads, chocolates, candies, tarts, butters, caramels, ice cubes, frozen baby foods, gelatin, ice creams etc. Other customers use the molds in unique ways to create clays, resin casting, candles, soaps and more"

I agree with people suggesting that you bake them on a hard surface (ie regular baking pan) since the silicone is flexible and if not properly supported, you will spill donut mix everywhere. I wouldn't trade that flexibility though since it truly made removing the baked goods so frickin easy. All I do is flip the pan upside-down on a cooling rack and poke at the other side to loosen. THAT SAID, i did find that some of my donuts/tarts were breaking in half so make sure you're applying even pressure/poking.

Who are these people complaining about how small their donuts came out? They literally have the dimensions listed so honestly if you can't math out something as simple as the size your dessert will come out, then you may want to question what business you have baking or handling money in the first place.

I'm sure there's a better product out there somewhere, there are some elements to this design I would change, but for me as a novice baker, problem solver and lover of miniature anything, this has been great for me.
on December 24, 2015
The silicone mold did just as advertised. I used a cookie sheet for support in the oven and sprayed with vegetable oil the first time for an easy clean up. The mini donut design came in very helpful as I was baking some pumpkin bread for the holidays. I decided to try out the donut mold along with the usual bread and muffin molds. Much to the delight of family and friends, it was a success.
The mold should stand up for many years with proper handling and storage. I like it enough that I have already invested in some other silicone molds from Freshware, Inc. Besides baking, I see pudding and gelatin dishes in the future.
on May 11, 2017
To me this was a savarin mold than a donut mold, the center pipe doesn't go high so it doesn't give you much hole before they close up. So you can never fill the cup more than a slither, resulting in a flat donut like disc.
VINE VOICEon August 24, 2012
Maybe it's me, or my recipe, but my batter did not stay in the circular donut shaped cavity, but rose and baked over the shallow "hole" part of the mold, producing a circular shaped cake with an indentation where I expected a hole. I think the part that's supposed to form the hole should have extended past the plane of the pan, instead of stopping below the edge. Next time I will try less batter, which I think will result in a thin, "flat on one side", maybe with a hole in it, cakelet.

The pan did bake and release well.
on May 17, 2011
This pan definitely doesn't make huge donuts, but as long as you read the description and realize the size you won't be disappointed. Our baking mold just arrived today and the kids and I made delicious(and healthy) baked chocolate donuts this afternoon(I'll post a picture above). We followed the instructions provided and prepped the pan with a bit of coconut oil before the first use. After that, I didn't grease it at all and the baked donuts fell right out perfectly with no sticking whatsoever. I love that it's dishwasher safe too! My only disappointments are that a)the donuts aren't a tad bigger, and b)it doesn't make more at once. I'd love to have one with 12 cavities. It would make baking much faster if you could do more at a time. I'm going to buy a 2nd pan. They are plenty small enough to be able to fit multiple ones in the oven.
review image
on December 19, 2012
As some others have noted, this is the perfect size for making donuts, not the other Freshware mini-donut pan. Even after many uses, my donuts continue to jump right out of their molds! I simply use my fingers to apply a thin layer of coconut oil to the molds before filling them the first time, but don't do it if I refill the molds again. My donuts are a coconut flour version and turn out very well. My only concern was that you can't leave a mold empty in the oven. My simple solution is to fill any remaining molds with some water. So far this works well as my silicone pan hasn't warped. Clean up is a breeze as well! Overall I am simply thrilled to find this silicone pan!
on December 18, 2012
I've only used this once, but so far, so good. I like using silicone baking containers - they are nonstick and easy to clean - love that they are dishwasher safe. The donuts that it bakes up are truly bite size, which make it fun for my two young children to eat. I DO have to put the mold on a cookie sheet in order to keep it steady while carrying it to and from the oven, but no big deal. Pretty typical to do that with any silicone baking tool.
on December 15, 2012
If you're using this for donuts, use a raised yeast dough. The hole doesn't go all the way through, so you'll want to use a dough that shapes to fit, then rises to complete the donut. Also, it's a mini-donut, about 3 inches across.

That said... I used these to make bagel-shaped soaps. The silicon was great for the heat and the lye of the soapmaking process. I used an oatmeal soap recpe with poppy seeds to resemble bagels. When the chemical process had been completed, I removed the soaps and carved out the center to make it a complete bagel shape. I don't know if I'll continue to use these, as the soaps were a specialized Christmas gift for a friend. But the price wasn't bad for something I may only use once.
on May 31, 2015
This bakeware really does release baked goods quickly and without breaking, just follow the recipe to let them cool briefly first so that ingredients, such as melted chocolate in the recipe have solidified. They clean up flawlessly and quickly in warm soapy water. I use them to make healthier baked doughnuts, including some with whole grain flour.