Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Friedrich D50BP 50 Pint Dehumidifier with Built-In..." and save 47% off the $339.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Friedrich D50BP 50 Pint Dehumidifier with Built-In Drain Pump, Front Bucket and Continuous Drain
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Model discontinued. There is a newer model available: D50BPA
- ENERGY STAR qualified 50 pint dehumidifier plugs into a standard 115v electrical outlet and features continuous drain operation
- BUILT-IN DRAIN PUMP can pump condensation vertically or horizontally up to 15 ft plus continuous drainage option from rear drain outlet
- Displays room temperature and humidity level
- Removable condensate bucket with carry handle
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Friedrich 50 Pint Dehumidifier
This ENERGY STAR qualified model provides continuous-drainage operation and can be set to precise humidity levels from 30% to 90%. And the sleek, modern design will not detract from your décor.
These powerful dehumidifiers are ideal for storage areas, basements, and equipment rooms – anywhere moisture is a concern, because they provide reliable, convenient operation.
- 2-speed fan
- Washable, slide-out anti-microbial filter
- Built-in casters for easy mobility
- 6 foot length power cord plugs into standard 115 volt electrical outlet
- 24 hr. ON/OFF timer
Top-mount Digital Control
Top-mount digital touch controls display room temperature & humidity %. The easy-roll casters allow you to move the unit from room to room with ease. When not in use, the unit can easily be stored in most closets.
Superior Drainage Operation
All models come with removable condensate bucket (up to 16 pints.) and continuous drainage outlet.
Built-in drain pump
Built-in drain pump that can pump condensation vertically or horizontally up to a combined distance of 15 feet.
Sleek, Clean Modern Design
Non-louvered front panel has a clean, stylish appearance that doesn't accumulate unsightly dust, pet hair and
other household debris.
25 Pint Dehumudifier "D25BNP"
50 Pint Dehumudifier "D50BP"
75 Pint Dehumudifier "D70BP"
|Easy Roll Casters Included||✔||✔||✔|
50 Pint Dehumidifier. 115v ENERGY STAR® qualified. Continuous Operation Continuous drainage option helps maximize dehumidifier run time. Set Precise Humidity Set humidity level from 30% to 90% RH. Timer 24-hour timer. Low Temperature Operation Works in temps as low as 41 degrees. Removeable Bucket Removeable condensate bucket with carry handle holds approximately 16.2 pints. Convenient Automatic defrost cycle. Casters included for easy mobility. Displays room temp and humidifity. Filtration Washable, slide-out filter
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It works extremely well to remove the humidity. I was advised to get the biggest unit I could. This was indeed good advise. It brought the large basement down to 50% humidity in short order and is keeping it there.
2. The pump function is super. Very well thought out. Exit is from the back, which is great. You push the special fitting (with hose) into the back of the unit and it automatically senses you want it to start pumping. No settings to fiddle with, it just knows. So nice to not have to empty the bucket.
3. The unit is attractive
4. The digital readout of temperature and humidity is great to have.
5. The controls are easy and intuitive.
1. It cycles way too often. I don't understand why it does not wait until the humidity has increased to a certain level, say 5% above your setting, then run till it is 5% below. That way it cycles less. Right now, it turns on when its just barely above the setting and turns off when just below. It cycles about every 3 or 4 minutes, runs for about 4 minutes, then shuts off, only to turn back on 3 or 4 minutes later. Since the fan is loud, its really distracting. No way to adjust this setting that I can find.
2. The fan is quite loud. Not much you can do about this and every other unit I have owned suffers the same issue. I would guess since that is the basics of a dehumifier. i.e.run a big fan over a coil. Just be aware you are not going to be able to listen to mozart while this thing is on.
3. Even if you turn the fan to the low setting, it does not remember that the next time it fires back up. Right back to hurricane strength.
On the whole, its a good unit.
Followup - September 2013:
The unit suddenly stopped working after about 12.5 months. Bucket full light/alarm was on, even though I don't use the bucket. Nothing I could do to make it realize the bucket was empty. I called customer support and they were great (yes real people, located in the USA). After confirming that, indeed, nothing could be done on my end and that there was no service techs in my area, they agreed to give me a little grace on the 12 month warranty window and sent me a new one. It arrived about two weeks later and I was up and running again. This is a class outfit folks. I can't recommend more highly.
--- Update after 9 Months---
Still running and working great. Humidity levels kept consistent. No issues with humidity/artwork.
-- Update: 2 Years Old ---
Unit still works great. Recently I needed to dry a large 5ft by 3ft oil painting and placed it in a room with a large heater. Ran it 24/7 for over a week. This was my first time to use the unit without the pump and instead rely on the reservoir to capture the water -- No problems at all.
The one problem I have seen is that if the temperature in the room gets too high (above about 80 degrees F.) the machine runs continuously with the RH reading on the display frozen above the shutoff set-point. Since the dehumidifier is a net heat generator, the space will eventually get so hot the temperature display will show an out-of-range error. Manually turning off the machine and restarting will make it recover its tiny mind. When restarted, the RH% displays a lower number which suggests there's a firmware bug that hangs the micro-controller and not a problem with the RH sensor.
I also have a larger Friedrich D50AP dehumidifier which displays exactly the same problem. Consequently, these machines have to be regularly monitored if used in a warm spaces and set to run continuously. Unfortunately, the D50AP has died from a slow coolant leak that is likely to have been the result of severe corrosion on one side of the machine's evaporator.
6-15-2014 update: For some months now, if my Freidrich D25BNP is set for continuous operation, when I check it the next day it will be shutdown and unresponsive to any of its controls and must be unplugged for some seconds and then plugged in again to make it functional. I now use the machine's timer function and set it to run for no more than 4 hours. Longer than that and it will usually become unresponsive again. It does collect water and I have separate hygrometers that confirm the room's RH is being maintained below 40%.