Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer
Style Name: Wine Sealer|Change

on July 15, 2014
My wife really enjoys drinking Champagne and we have used the older Champagne Bottle Stoppers for years and were quite pleased with it. After checking the review it looked like the Cilo would be even more convenient to use. Having used this now for a couple of months I can report that it does not work as well as the original Champagne Bottle Stoppers with the arms that come down on the neck of the bottle.

The big difference that we found was the Cilo does not keep the bubbles from escaping as well as the older design. Cilo will be good for a day or two at most. If your using it to just seal in the bubbles for a day, it will work okay. The big difference you will notice is when you open it up, there is not a 'Pop' like you get with the older design. We bought the Winco Champagne Bottle Stopper (the older design) and it holds the bubbles in quite effectively for 2-3 times as long. Happy wife... happy life. ;-)
73 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2013
 Quick overview & demonstration of how the Cilio Wine Sealer works. Many reviewers have noted that there are no instructions included, which is true - but it is extremely simple. Start at around 0:40 for a functional demonstration.
112 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on December 1, 2015
After placing this device on a bottle of Mumm Napa Brut Rose it was subsequently almost impossible to remove, despite carefully following instructions for both placing the device on the bottle and then pressing the center section to remove it. I was just about ready to try sawing it off (so I could return it, as well as consume the remaining ¾ bottle of champagne) when it suddenly slid off while pressing down on the center section (which I had done on a all previous attempts) and then tilting it heavily to the side, rather than pulling straight up.

Basically, this device has very little leeway in the sizes of bottle it will work with. If your bottle is too wide at the top it can get stuck. If it's too narrow it will not create a secure seal.

I've used a number of champagne bottle sealers in the past, but thought I'd give this one a try, as it is quite compact, but it was a total bust on the bottle on which I tried it. I've had great success in the past with the Le Creuset Champagne Crown Sealer and the FizzVac Vacuum Champagne Stopper, both of which I recommend.
5 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2017
This product was actually a revelation to me, and I don't know why everyone doesn't have one! I'm a pretty frequent champagne drinker and I was so annoyed with struggling to get those stupid stoppers onto the bottle. This just clicks on and genuinely works to keep your champagne bubbly. I even tested it and held a bottle upside down to see if it would drip - nothing. Absolutely a must-buy for champagne drinkers.
4 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2018
This marvelous product was just reviewed by the characters on either Cook's Country, or America's Test Kitchen, whichever show. These folks are strenuous testers and frank critics. Over many other products, they chose this one. I ordered the wine bottle size (there is also a larger champagne bottle size) and so far have been delighted with it. The reviewer mentioned "a satisfying click," and it does have one.

It arrives without instructions so here they are: you don't depress the "clicker" to install it; rather, holding it around the outside, you just fit the entire unit down over the bottle opening. The clicker is then depressed to release the vacuum.
2 people found this helpful
on February 6, 2017
We had 2 small glasses from a bottle of Champagne, then corked it with the cilio sealer. We were out of the country for 2 weeks. When we came back, we thought the Champagne would be flat - but NO! Amazing enough it was still alive and bubbly, and we joyously finished off the bottle. After 2 full weeks - almost unbelievable, but true! What more needs to be said. I do not think this can be beat. I've ordered another to carry when we travel.
4 people found this helpful
on August 25, 2017
This is the best around. I opened up a bottle of prosecco the day before leaving for a 12 day vacation We only drank half the bottle and put it back in the fridge with this sealer on it. Came home 12 days later and expected it to be flat. Pulled it from the fridge, heard air pressure from the cap when I removed it and poured. Still great, bubbly and not flat at all. Amazing product. I own 3. I take one with us when going to nice restaurants and ask the servers to put the sealer on the bottle when left in the ice bucket.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 3, 2017
This works with a little manipulation. You have to hook it on the bottle just right, or it will not suction and then the bottle goes bad. Be careful and make sure it has suctioned well.....we do enjoy it now that we have figured this out!
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 15, 2015
Why haven't I written a review sooner? I was too busy sealing my wine bottles with this guy and even when I accidentally left it at a friend's house- she kept saying she wanted to keep it! I assure you, it took a lot of convincing for me to get it back. She'll possible be getting one for Christmas so she won't be too devastated.

It's like a wine drinker's best friend. After your pour yourself a classy helping of wine, go ahead and sip some it while using your other hand to seal off the open bottle of wine. So easy and convenient. You know what the best part is? Taking it off is super easy too. So in one swift movement, you can pop it off and pour yourself a less classy pour of wine. I bought two more but am thinking I need more because everyone that drinks wine can benefit from this little guy!
on November 24, 2015
For years I've used a different champagne stopper with "wings" that clamp to the bottle top. However, when America's Test Kitchen recently gave this their highest recommendation, I decided to give it a try. I was frankly surprised at how effectively it seals the champagne bottle and maintains effervescence, even after several days in the refrigerator. Pouring from a half empty bottle repeatedly sealed and re-sealed for three days produces almost as many bubbles as a freshly opened bottle! It works so well, I bought several and retired my old champagne stoppers.
2 people found this helpful