Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer
Style Name: Wine Sealer|Change

on July 15, 2014
My wife really enjoys drinking Champagne and we have used the older Champagne Bottle Stoppers for years and were quite pleased with it. After checking the review it looked like the Cilo would be even more convenient to use. Having used this now for a couple of months I can report that it does not work as well as the original Champagne Bottle Stoppers with the arms that come down on the neck of the bottle.

The big difference that we found was the Cilo does not keep the bubbles from escaping as well as the older design. Cilo will be good for a day or two at most. If your using it to just seal in the bubbles for a day, it will work okay. The big difference you will notice is when you open it up, there is not a 'Pop' like you get with the older design. We bought the Winco Champagne Bottle Stopper (the older design) and it holds the bubbles in quite effectively for 2-3 times as long. Happy wife... happy life. ;-)
73 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2013
 Quick overview & demonstration of how the Cilio Wine Sealer works. Many reviewers have noted that there are no instructions included, which is true - but it is extremely simple. Start at around 0:40 for a functional demonstration.
111 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on December 1, 2015
After placing this device on a bottle of Mumm Napa Brut Rose it was subsequently almost impossible to remove, despite carefully following instructions for both placing the device on the bottle and then pressing the center section to remove it. I was just about ready to try sawing it off (so I could return it, as well as consume the remaining ¾ bottle of champagne) when it suddenly slid off while pressing down on the center section (which I had done on a all previous attempts) and then tilting it heavily to the side, rather than pulling straight up.

Basically, this device has very little leeway in the sizes of bottle it will work with. If your bottle is too wide at the top it can get stuck. If it's too narrow it will not create a secure seal.

I've used a number of champagne bottle sealers in the past, but thought I'd give this one a try, as it is quite compact, but it was a total bust on the bottle on which I tried it. I've had great success in the past with the Le Creuset Champagne Crown Sealer and the FizzVac Vacuum Champagne Stopper, both of which I recommend.
5 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2017
This product was actually a revelation to me, and I don't know why everyone doesn't have one! I'm a pretty frequent champagne drinker and I was so annoyed with struggling to get those stupid stoppers onto the bottle. This just clicks on and genuinely works to keep your champagne bubbly. I even tested it and held a bottle upside down to see if it would drip - nothing. Absolutely a must-buy for champagne drinkers.
4 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2018
This marvelous product was just reviewed by the characters on either Cook's Country, or America's Test Kitchen, whichever show. These folks are strenuous testers and frank critics. Over many other products, they chose this one. I ordered the wine bottle size (there is also a larger champagne bottle size) and so far have been delighted with it. The reviewer mentioned "a satisfying click," and it does have one.

It arrives without instructions so here they are: you don't depress the "clicker" to install it; rather, holding it around the outside, you just fit the entire unit down over the bottle opening. The clicker is then depressed to release the vacuum.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 3, 2017
This works with a little manipulation. You have to hook it on the bottle just right, or it will not suction and then the bottle goes bad. Be careful and make sure it has suctioned well.....we do enjoy it now that we have figured this out!
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 6, 2017
We had 2 small glasses from a bottle of Champagne, then corked it with the cilio sealer. We were out of the country for 2 weeks. When we came back, we thought the Champagne would be flat - but NO! Amazing enough it was still alive and bubbly, and we joyously finished off the bottle. After 2 full weeks - almost unbelievable, but true! What more needs to be said. I do not think this can be beat. I've ordered another to carry when we travel.
4 people found this helpful
on January 28, 2014
We like Bosca spumante, and have searched for years for a stopper to seal the bottle so that the contents could be enjoyed over a number of days. In our experience, Bosca spumante has a similar bottle-opening to most bottles of spumante, sparkling wine, and champagne; thus, a stopper labeled "champagne" could be used on most of the aforementioned bottles.

We've been using the Winco Champagne Bottle Stopper for about 5 months, now, and it works wonderfully. The operation is simple and results in a nice, tight seal on the spumante bottle. When the bottle is re-opened, we consistently hear the hiss of gas being released, and the wine still bubbles and fizzes as it is poured. Typically, the bottle is resealed with the Winco 1 or 2 times over the course of a few days, and the wine is still bubbly and enjoyable. I've left a bottle refrigerated and sealed with the Winco for up to a week, and still heard the hiss when the Winco was removed (the spumante was bubbly, but not as much so as when it is enjoyed within a couple of days of opening). Some of the negative comments others have left regarding the Winco seemed to indicate that it may have a tendency to loosen and pop-off of the bottle. We have not experienced that, nor has our stopper's grips weakened. However, even if the grips did weaken, the stopper would work equally as well if one simply applied it to the bottle and then secured the arms with a rubberband or the like. In other words, the stopper would not be a complete loss even if it didn't work exactly as it was intended. The other two stoppers - Cilio and Metrokane Velvet - are virtually useless once they break, as there is no way to really salvage them and use them in an alternative manner.

Cilio Champagne Sealer has also worked well for us. Its operation is simple, and it provides a decent seal with consistently decent results. However, if I leave the Cilio on a bottle of spumante for more than a couple of days, it does seem to leak a little. In other words, it provides a good seal for 1 or 2 days, but then the seal starts to weaken. Granted, sparkling wines weren't meant to be kept at length, anyway, but...our lives get busy. As with the Metrokane Velvet, once the Cilio breaks (or no longer functions satisfactorily), it will be a complete loss, as there doesn't appear to be any way to salvage it to use in a rudimentary way. We haven't had cause to replace it or discard it, since we primarily use the Winco stopper, so I can't really comment on its longevity. We've owned it for 5 months, and have used it 3 or 4 times.

When they function properly, Metrokane Velvet Champagne and Wine Sealers form the tightest fit on the bottle and best preserve the gas/bubbles in the spumante. However, they are very fragile. We've owned numerous Metrokane Velvet stoppers, and no matter how gentle we were with them, they only lasted long enough to seal 5 or 6 bottles. Eventually, they just turn and turn, and the stopper no longer seals the bottle. I've read much helpful advice from other Metrokane owners who were able to repair their stoppers, but ours were always hopelessly irreparable.
2 people found this helpful
on December 15, 2015
Why haven't I written a review sooner? I was too busy sealing my wine bottles with this guy and even when I accidentally left it at a friend's house- she kept saying she wanted to keep it! I assure you, it took a lot of convincing for me to get it back. She'll possible be getting one for Christmas so she won't be too devastated.

It's like a wine drinker's best friend. After your pour yourself a classy helping of wine, go ahead and sip some it while using your other hand to seal off the open bottle of wine. So easy and convenient. You know what the best part is? Taking it off is super easy too. So in one swift movement, you can pop it off and pour yourself a less classy pour of wine. I bought two more but am thinking I need more because everyone that drinks wine can benefit from this little guy!
on November 24, 2015
For years I've used a different champagne stopper with "wings" that clamp to the bottle top. However, when America's Test Kitchen recently gave this their highest recommendation, I decided to give it a try. I was frankly surprised at how effectively it seals the champagne bottle and maintains effervescence, even after several days in the refrigerator. Pouring from a half empty bottle repeatedly sealed and re-sealed for three days produces almost as many bubbles as a freshly opened bottle! It works so well, I bought several and retired my old champagne stoppers.
2 people found this helpful