Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer
Style Name: Wine Sealer|Change

on July 15, 2014
My wife really enjoys drinking Champagne and we have used the older Champagne Bottle Stoppers for years and were quite pleased with it. After checking the review it looked like the Cilo would be even more convenient to use. Having used this now for a couple of months I can report that it does not work as well as the original Champagne Bottle Stoppers with the arms that come down on the neck of the bottle.

The big difference that we found was the Cilo does not keep the bubbles from escaping as well as the older design. Cilo will be good for a day or two at most. If your using it to just seal in the bubbles for a day, it will work okay. The big difference you will notice is when you open it up, there is not a 'Pop' like you get with the older design. We bought the Winco Champagne Bottle Stopper (the older design) and it holds the bubbles in quite effectively for 2-3 times as long. Happy wife... happy life. ;-)
0Comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2013
 Quick overview & demonstration of how the Cilio Wine Sealer works. Many reviewers have noted that there are no instructions included, which is true - but it is extremely simple. Start at around 0:40 for a functional demonstration.
44 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2017
This product was actually a revelation to me, and I don't know why everyone doesn't have one! I'm a pretty frequent champagne drinker and I was so annoyed with struggling to get those stupid stoppers onto the bottle. This just clicks on and genuinely works to keep your champagne bubbly. I even tested it and held a bottle upside down to see if it would drip - nothing. Absolutely a must-buy for champagne drinkers.
on October 29, 2015
This works well. When I received it I already had a bottle that had been opened for a couple of days and I was using one of those old style sealers with the two stainless clips on the side. That one stopped latching onto the bottles and so I ordered this one. This one is nice. To use it you simply press down and turn clockwise to seal and you get a really good fit. The top is not shiny like shown in the photo. More like a brushed metal but it still looks nice. It looks almost like a brushed grey metal. I recommend this highly for the price and the fit. Seems to work well and though I did not try I am sure I could have laid the bottle down horizontally in the fridge with no leakage. That's how good the fit was. Shipped quickly.
on December 1, 2015
After placing this device on a bottle of Mumm Napa Brut Rose it was subsequently almost impossible to remove, despite carefully following instructions for both placing the device on the bottle and then pressing the center section to remove it. I was just about ready to try sawing it off (so I could return it, as well as consume the remaining ¾ bottle of champagne) when it suddenly slid off while pressing down on the center section (which I had done on a all previous attempts) and then tilting it heavily to the side, rather than pulling straight up.

Basically, this device has very little leeway in the sizes of bottle it will work with. If your bottle is too wide at the top it can get stuck. If it's too narrow it will not create a secure seal.

I've used a number of champagne bottle sealers in the past, but thought I'd give this one a try, as it is quite compact, but it was a total bust on the bottle on which I tried it. I've had great success in the past with the Le Creuset Champagne Crown Sealer and the FizzVac Vacuum Champagne Stopper, both of which I recommend.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 3, 2017
This works with a little manipulation. You have to hook it on the bottle just right, or it will not suction and then the bottle goes bad. Be careful and make sure it has suctioned well.....we do enjoy it now that we have figured this out!
on December 15, 2015
Why haven't I written a review sooner? I was too busy sealing my wine bottles with this guy and even when I accidentally left it at a friend's house- she kept saying she wanted to keep it! I assure you, it took a lot of convincing for me to get it back. She'll possible be getting one for Christmas so she won't be too devastated.

It's like a wine drinker's best friend. After your pour yourself a classy helping of wine, go ahead and sip some it while using your other hand to seal off the open bottle of wine. So easy and convenient. You know what the best part is? Taking it off is super easy too. So in one swift movement, you can pop it off and pour yourself a less classy pour of wine. I bought two more but am thinking I need more because everyone that drinks wine can benefit from this little guy!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 4, 2017
No more flat BUBBLY! This device solves the age old conundrum of preserving unopened bottles of Champagne. Just attach it to the top of the bottle and press the safety button on top and WHAM you Champagne can be stored! WE LOVE IT!
on February 26, 2017
This didn't work for me at all. Two attempts with bottles of spumante wine left each of them flat after a day.

I'm now not convinced that this approach could ever work. An unopened bottle of fizz has a small amount of gas at the top under huge pressure, preventing the wine from going flat. Resealing a half empty bottle of wine will trap a much larger amount of air and under much less pressure. It seems to me that, in principle, the wine would have to flatten in the bottle so that pressure can build up.
on August 9, 2016
I personally like these to seal wine after opening it. They are convenient, seal the bottle well. It is stainless and looks nice aside from going through the dishwasher. I am able to store the wine sideways in my refrigerator, like the description says, with no spillage. I give this a 4 star because my husband, an electrical engineer, is not as keen on this item. He likes things hermetically sealed and I most times have a hard time getting anything he has last used open again. It is easy for me to get these off and on---At least I can get into the wine!!!

Nevertheless, I bought 3 of the Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer and one for champagne. My husband may not love them, but he uses them anyway. I love these and would recommend them to anyone.