Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Size: Set of 1|Change
Price:$5.58+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 281 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 295 reviews
on January 7, 2013
Quick overview & demonstration of how the Cilio Wine Sealer works. Many reviewers have noted that there are no instructions included, which is true - but it is extremely simple. Start at around 0:40 for a functional demonstration.
44 comments| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2011
In order to fit a taller bottle of wine in my fridge, I needed a wine sealer that would let me store the bottle on its side without leaking. The Cilio wine sealer was perfect. It's small and light, and easy to put on the bottle. I've stored wine in the fridge on its side with no spills. Great product.
on August 9, 2016
I personally like these to seal wine after opening it. They are convenient, seal the bottle well. It is stainless and looks nice aside from going through the dishwasher. I am able to store the wine sideways in my refrigerator, like the description says, with no spillage. I give this a 4 star because my husband, an electrical engineer, is not as keen on this item. He likes things hermetically sealed and I most times have a hard time getting anything he has last used open again. It is easy for me to get these off and on---At least I can get into the wine!!!

Nevertheless, I bought 3 of the Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer and one for champagne. My husband may not love them, but he uses them anyway. I love these and would recommend them to anyone.
on December 15, 2015
Why haven't I written a review sooner? I was too busy sealing my wine bottles with this guy and even when I accidentally left it at a friend's house- she kept saying she wanted to keep it! I assure you, it took a lot of convincing for me to get it back. She'll possible be getting one for Christmas so she won't be too devastated.

It's like a wine drinker's best friend. After your pour yourself a classy helping of wine, go ahead and sip some it while using your other hand to seal off the open bottle of wine. So easy and convenient. You know what the best part is? Taking it off is super easy too. So in one swift movement, you can pop it off and pour yourself a less classy pour of wine. I bought two more but am thinking I need more because everyone that drinks wine can benefit from this little guy!
on September 25, 2011
Although the mechanism feels a little flimsy, it looks great pops on and off easy, and does hold a seal
on July 1, 2014
I already had the Cilio champagne sealer and thought I was ordering another one. Although both the wine and champagne versions look identical (as presented in their side-photos), this is the *WINE* sealer (small opening), NOT the champagne sealer. The opening on this sealer is smaller and it will NOT fit champagne bottles.

With respect to it's stated purpose, it's still useless as a wine sealer. You really want to evacuate the air (at a minimum) from the bottle and this does NOT do that. In fact, some other reviews complain of it leaking air back into the bottle. This is no better than just plugging the cork back in! I cannot recommend it for this reason. If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative, i recommend (and use) the Vacu Vin's.
on July 2, 2012
The Cilio Wine Sealer, which came in a box wrapped in packing tape, as if it had been opened and resealed, perhaps as a prior return, was defective. I could not get it to work on any bottle tried. I have requested a replacement since this is the first defective item I have ever receive from Amazon. If the replacement works I will update my review. If not, I'll return and look to purchase a different wine sealer. As for now, I can not recommend this product.

Update 7/23/12*********************

I received my replacement Cilio Wine Sealer, and can state without a doubt that it works as described. When properly attached to the bottle, it forms a tight and unmovable seal. When the button is pressed down, you can hear the loosening of the seal. I waited almost a week between drinks to see if there was any change in taste, and I can say that my moscato did not go flat. I am pleased that I opted for the replacement as I think this is a really good item. Only time will tell in terms of durability but thus far I really like it.
on February 10, 2015
This is perfect. Stylish and very easy to use and clean. Tip: don't try and force it over larger bottles of wine. It's better suited for the regular size bottles. I made that mistake and had a devil of a time getting it off. Some larger bottles have a bigger ring that juts out just beneath the lip of the bottle. This device isn't made to accept such a wide ring. So just be aware of that. Other than that it's perfect. If it does not slip on with ease and locks in place it's because it isn't made to fit that particular style bottle neck.
on April 5, 2017
didn't fit wine bottles
on June 2, 2013
I've read that some people have had difficulty with SOME bottles.
I have had NO problem, with any of the bottles I've tried it on.
Granted... I don't buy anything exotic, or in anything other than 750ml or the rare 1L bottle (or from anywhere other than "Trader Joe's").
I don't DRINK much wine, but I cook with it, a LOT! If I drank wine regularly, resealing it would NOT even be an issue! BUT... using wine for cooking leaves you with multiple leftover bottles, for a while & my Cilio seems to be keeping it really fresh! I WILL be buying MORE!!!
Its low profile also works MUCH better, in the area of my kitchen where I keep my cooking wines (limited height), than other 'stopper' types I've tried.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.