Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 21, 2017
Beware! This does NOT work on all wine bottles. I tried this on my one and only wine bottle only to find out that it won't work on the wine bottle. Should have read the QUESTIONS before I ordered this top rated item. Thanks ATK.
2 helpful votes
on March 14, 2011
In order to fit a taller bottle of wine in my fridge, I needed a wine sealer that would let me store the bottle on its side without leaking. The Cilio wine sealer was perfect. It's small and light, and easy to put on the bottle. I've stored wine in the fridge on its side with no spills. Great product.
39 helpful votes
40 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on November 10, 2017
I bought 2 for Christmas presents and one for myself as this was recommended by America's Test Kitchen/Cooks Illust....Unfortunately I put them aside. Horrible, these don't fit any of my bottles....I've tried Champagne, wine cork screw bottles, screw caps bottles, it won't grip onto anything. And I'm passed the Amazon return window although I might explore. And the company is international, so no 800# to call them. I'd definitely avoid this product. Perhaps the Champagne cap version does fit as Amer Test Kitchen said,however this it the "wine cap" version.....won't fit so far on anything I own!
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 15, 2015
Why haven't I written a review sooner? I was too busy sealing my wine bottles with this guy and even when I accidentally left it at a friend's house- she kept saying she wanted to keep it! I assure you, it took a lot of convincing for me to get it back. She'll possible be getting one for Christmas so she won't be too devastated.

It's like a wine drinker's best friend. After your pour yourself a classy helping of wine, go ahead and sip some it while using your other hand to seal off the open bottle of wine. So easy and convenient. You know what the best part is? Taking it off is super easy too. So in one swift movement, you can pop it off and pour yourself a less classy pour of wine. I bought two more but am thinking I need more because everyone that drinks wine can benefit from this little guy!
on September 25, 2011
Although the mechanism feels a little flimsy, it looks great pops on and off easy, and does hold a seal
20 helpful votes
21 helpful votes
on July 1, 2014
I already had the Cilio champagne sealer and thought I was ordering another one. Although both the wine and champagne versions look identical (as presented in their side-photos), this is the *WINE* sealer (small opening), NOT the champagne sealer. The opening on this sealer is smaller and it will NOT fit champagne bottles.

With respect to it's stated purpose, it's still useless as a wine sealer. You really want to evacuate the air (at a minimum) from the bottle and this does NOT do that. In fact, some other reviews complain of it leaking air back into the bottle. This is no better than just plugging the cork back in! I cannot recommend it for this reason. If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative, i recommend (and use) the Vacu Vin's.
on July 2, 2012
The Cilio Wine Sealer, which came in a box wrapped in packing tape, as if it had been opened and resealed, perhaps as a prior return, was defective. I could not get it to work on any bottle tried. I have requested a replacement since this is the first defective item I have ever receive from Amazon. If the replacement works I will update my review. If not, I'll return and look to purchase a different wine sealer. As for now, I can not recommend this product.

Update 7/23/12*********************

I received my replacement Cilio Wine Sealer, and can state without a doubt that it works as described. When properly attached to the bottle, it forms a tight and unmovable seal. When the button is pressed down, you can hear the loosening of the seal. I waited almost a week between drinks to see if there was any change in taste, and I can say that my moscato did not go flat. I am pleased that I opted for the replacement as I think this is a really good item. Only time will tell in terms of durability but thus far I really like it.
on February 10, 2015
This is perfect. Stylish and very easy to use and clean. Tip: don't try and force it over larger bottles of wine. It's better suited for the regular size bottles. I made that mistake and had a devil of a time getting it off. Some larger bottles have a bigger ring that juts out just beneath the lip of the bottle. This device isn't made to accept such a wide ring. So just be aware of that. Other than that it's perfect. If it does not slip on with ease and locks in place it's because it isn't made to fit that particular style bottle neck.
on May 6, 2016
Worst item I ever bot at Amazon. Appears to be a great idea, well designed and built......BUT IT DIDN'T FIT ON THE BOTTLES OF WINE I BUY !!!
on April 5, 2017