Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Frieling USA Double Wall Stainless Steel French Pr..." and save 23% off the $99.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Frieling USA Double Wall Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker with Patented Dual Screen, Polished, 36-Ounce
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Double-wall 18/10 stainless-steel French press for coffee or tea; 36 ounce capacity, measures 10-inches high
- Mirror finish outside and brushed finish inside; full-length handle is comfortable in the hand
- 2 stage filter system uses a pre-filter & super-fine mesh filter for zero sediment in cup; metal wire inside coil presses plunger against inside wall
- Carafe doubles as insulated serving pitcher; retains heat 4 times longer than glass
- Disassembles easily for washing; dishwasher safe; 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Double-wall 18/10 stainless-steel French press for coffee or tea
- Mirror finish outside and brushed finish inside
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Patented Dual Filtration System features:
- Exclusive Italian fine-gauge screen
- Coil/Spring combination
The Frieling French Press
Enjoy delicious hot coffee
In 1988, the team at Frieling got their start designing and manufacturing serveware for the finest hotels and restaurants. Designed to last – both aesthetically and functionally – Frieling's French Press work hard and work well, yet always look tastefully elegant and beautiful. Frieling's French Press is a classic choice reflecting good taste and enduring quality.
- Durable 18/10 stainless steel inside and out: no more broken glass beakers & retains heat 4x longer than glass
- Perfect pitcher for loose tea or cold beverages
- All components are dishwasher safe
- Black press has a durable PVD coating with UV top coating that reduces fingerprints
Pre-filter plus a patented Italian super-fine mesh.
Stays hot up to 4 times longer
Double-walled insulated body and lid.
Smooth pouring performance - no need to worry about your linens.
All 18/10 stainless steel
All parts are dishwasher safe - No need to disassemble.
Celebrate the pure flavor of coffee with our double wall insulated French Presses which retain heat four times longer than a glass press. Made of 18/10 stainless steel, these presses are extremely durable, built to stand the test of time.
- PURE TASTE SENSATION: The French press brewing method delivers fresh, rich tasting coffee with unparalleled flavor.
- AUTHENTIC: Let a French press spoil you with its timeless design and quality. Two design options: Exterior mirror finish with an interior brushed finish or an exterior and interior brushed finish.
- MADE TO LAST: Durable 18/10 stainless steel makes this ideal for everyday use. Plunger mechanism is also stainless steel. Naturally BPA free. Frieling offers replacement parts, if needed.
- HEAT RETENTION: Retains heat four times longer than glass due to its double-wall insulation.
- KEEPS HOT DRINKS HOT AND COLD ONES COLD: It's not just for coffee. Our French Press line is perfect for brewing loose tea or even cold beverages like water, milk, ice tea and juice. In the mood for something cold? Use the pitcher to serve water, milk, iced tea, juices
- 4 MINUTES IS ALL IT TAKES: Easy to use. Fill the press with ground coffee and hot water, place the lid/plunger unit on top and steep for 4 minutes, then slowly press the plunger down. The coffee is ready to serve.
- DISHWASHER SAFE: All components are dishwasher safe. No need to disassemble the plunger.
Frieling recognizes the attraction and practicality of high-quality stainless steel, revered for its elegance, zero maintenance and heat retention. Each piece of this successful, proven collection boasts either an exterior mirror finish with an interior brushed finish or an exterior and interior brushed finish. All components are dishwasher safe.
By using high-quality 18/10 stainless steel for this French press, Frieling has smartly sidestepped the problem of breakable glass carafes. At the same time, the pot is beautiful, sleek, and sturdy, with a mirror finish and a self-contained design. Plus, with no filters or power cords to mess with, you can brew and serve right at the table. The full-length handle is both comfortable and stable, while the all-steel mesh plunger mechanism can be used with coarse coffee grounds or loose tea leaves. Frieling's double-wall construction keeps hot beverages hot and cold ones cold if you use the pitcher by itself for milk or juice. All parts disassemble to wash by hand or go in the dishwasher. The press holds 33 ounces and stands 9 inches high. --Emily Bedard
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had several wishes:
1) Made in USA or Europe
2) Quality of materials and product
3) Usability (easy to use and to clean)
After a quick search I realized that there was no ideal French Press coffee maker. However, I realized that I have several favorites and Frieling was the number 1 for me.
1) Frieling is a solid professional brand
2) Product had good reviews
3) Product looked solidly built.
Concerns that I had:
1) Made in China (I have nothing against China but I prefer products that are built in here or in Europe for, I assume, obvious reason)
- Nothing can be done about that. But again, Frieling is a solid brand and their French Presses looked not cheap.
2) Quality of Steel (Everyone should be concerned about it since you will eat/drink food that was made there and we consumed enough toxins as it is)
- I contacted Frieling about it and they answered me very quickly. Thank you, Frieling! Other companies are not that professional. For example, Cousinox ignored all my emails. However, the answer from Frieling was not what I wanted to hear. They told me they use either Chinese or Korean stainless steel from a big Korean manufacturer but they assured me that their 18/10 stainless steel was of high quality. I hoped for German, Russian or American 18/10 stainless steel but at least it was not a noname brand one from G*d knows where.
I thought hard about those two minuses, plus the product was not cheap. But at the end, I felt it was the best French Press I could find and I decided to buy Frieling Brushed 18/10 Stainless Steel French Press, 23-Ounce. I paid $79 for it, I see that now it is $59.
So, it has been two years and I love it and gave it 5 stars.
1) The coffee maker looks like new and is beautiful. I have used it at least 100 times, most likely more. I am glad I decided to get a brushed one. They always look like new for a long time since micro scratches are not noticeable and no finger prints.
2) It is made well. You can see it is not a $20 one.
3) It is very easy to clean. I have owned at least 4 different french presses before and always had issues. With this one, I just put a plunger under running water and that is it. Plus, all the parts are dishwasher safe. I usually hand wash it ones every two weeks. Put it in dishwasher at least 10 times too and had no issues whatsoever.
4) Makes good coffee - only remember about a 4 minute rule.
5) I purchased some parts (screens, plunger stick) but it looks like the original parts will last for years to come.
I am going to add some pictures too.
Good luck in your search for a perfect French Press maker and I hope it was useful for you!
1. Coffee grounds in your cup? You are overfilling with water and the grounds are sneaking up through the pour spout. If superfine powder in the bottom of your coffee cup bothers you, get an automatic drip coffeemaker with paper filters.
2. Hard to push the plunger down? Your coffee grind is too fine and is clogging the screen or, the cylinder or the piston is not true and therefore defective.)
3. Water in the lid? I never had this problem because I do not run it in the dishwasher nor submerse it in water. Why would anyone do that? Just wipe the inside of the pitcher clean and spray the screen off in the sink. If you feel the need to wash with soap, use a sponge or a rag and then rinse.
Many people complained that the ad states "6-7 servings" and they only are getting 3-4 cups. Be aware that 32 fl oz of coffee is what you get.That is one quart or 4 cups or 2 pints. A standard coffee cup holds 8 fl oz. Therefore 6-7 servings does not mean you get 6-7 cups. I get 4 regular mugs of coffee per brew which is perfect for me. Use your math skills people.
Lastly, pre-heating the pitcher with hot water helps to maintain the perfect brew temp which is between 195F-205F for approx. 4min. Enjoy!
The pot still looks like new. Never had to replace a single part. I always handwash so it's always available. Usually I drink coffee immediately after it's been brewed. Occasionally I have come to a half full pot after a few hours and observed the coffee was still warm.
If you're single and a coffee fiend (like I am), this will meet your needs. If your SO is a coffee fiend as well, get a larger version of this pot. If you're a couple of average coffee drinkers this size pot should meet your needs as well.
Advice for a good pot: Always grind your beans prior to brewing. Use a kitchen scale to measure as they are more accurate than scoops. For the perfect brew temperature every time, heat water in a kettle, take it off the heat when it whistles and then wait 45 seconds before you pour it over the coffee grounds. Put the plunger on the top. Press down after 4 minutes. Enjoy!
If the plunger ever becomes stuck it means too many fine grinds are clogging up the mesh. Grind coarser next time. To save your current pot, don't force the plunger. You won't break it, instead will end up with a mess in your kitchen and can be burned by the hot coffee. Take the plunger off the pot, rinse the mesh part off in the sink with some of the remaining hot water from the kettle (or very hot tap water) and then plunge again. Worked every time I had to do this.
This pot is also superb for making cold brew. Grind the beans like you'd normally do and place them in the pot. Now pour cold water in the pot. Put the plunger top on the pot but do not press down. Put it in your fridge for 24 hours. Take it out of your fridge and then plunge. You will have delicious cold brew coffee that's lower acid than traditional coffee.
You can also brew tea loose tea with this pot. I don't have much experience with this, but I've done it a few times and it works just like it does with coffee.