The Friendly Swede Magnesium Alloy Emergency Easy Grip Fire Starter (2 Pack)
- Low Return Rate: 69% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 95% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "fire starters survival"
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- START FIRE ANYWHERE: Your new, ultra-durable flint fire starter works in any weather conditions - rain, snow, high-altitude. With the rust-free ultra-strong ferrocerium rod those fire lighters are suitable for camping, survival, bushcraft and other outdoor activities.
- EXTREMELY HOT SPARKS: The flint lighter will throw hot sparks just as well, no matter how windy it is. The extra long ferrocerium rod and the handy striker make this fire steel perfect both for experts and beginners.
- LONGER LASTING, CONVENIENT AND COMPACT: You can start many (thousands) of fires with those fire stells. The flint rod will not suffer from corrosion like a common lighter will. Ideal for lighting campfires, BBQs, signal fires, emergency situations.
- EASY GRIP: Ergonomic handles on striker and firestarter allow use by even the most frozen of fingers! This fire starter kit is easy to hold. Easy to produce showers of sparks.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - RISK FREE SHOPPING: To back it all up, we are offering our Friendly Lifetime Warranty for this flint and steel. Our World Class customer service team is here for you every day of the year and happy to help answer ANY questions you may have within hours. Just copy-paste this link into your browser: http://amzn.to/1AmGlj8
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Friendly Swede® Premium Firestarters
The Friendly Swede’s Firestarters are an essential piece of any survival/outdoor kit - waterproof, durable and easy to use. Never leave home without one!
Two 5” Ferrocerium firestarter rods
Two 2.5” Steel Strikers
Two 17.5” Chains
1. Scrape off black protective coating from firestarter rod
2. Prepare your tinder
3. Hold the striker at a 45° angle to the firestarter. Scrape striker hard and fast down the firestarter
4. Allow sparks to fall onto tinder
* Note: Firestarter is covered in protective oil. Wipe off oil before use.
Not suitable for children under 12.
For outdoor use only - use in controlled environment.
Never leave your fire unattended.
THE FRIENDLY SWEDE® PROMISE
At The Friendly Swede® we do everything we can to make sure our customers are happy with their purchases. If for any reason you are not happy with any product supplied by The Friendly Swede®, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to solve your problem ASAP!
There's a reason they call us "The Friendly Swede"
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some may call it over kill but they have never been stranded out in cold and wet wilderness, where a fire means life or death.
I keep it in a Condor Gadget pouch on one side keep my tinder such as char-cloth, cotton-balls, fat-wood, tinder-quick, wet fire, magnesium shavings and Instafire. The other side keep my ignition source. Flint and steel, Friendly Swede rod, matches, lighters.
The cons(for me)-
-the supplied ball-chain isn't comfortable and pulls apart rather easily
-bigger than what I had before so I had to modify my knife sheath to carry it, instead of having the rod in a pocket or tool kit. But bigger is better, right? ;)
-the striker tool and ferro rod are very comfortable in the hand without being too big
-they both seem quite sturdy, though I dont use the supplied striker
-I have easily produced sparks with my knife, multitool, screwdriver, stone, nail, and a bottle cap
-the follow up from the seller, The Friendly Swede, was prompt and courteous
I'll update this review if things change but so far, based on my use, I would recommend this product.
Remember to scratch the black coating off before use, and watch some YouTube vids about how to properly use these things. If you use these right, and your tinder is set up correctly, these will start a fire with one or two strikes.
Oh, I also love that it came with a chain to keep the pieces together. It was plenty long enough to let the action happen without stopping part way down or something. The other thing I really liked was that the length of the spark maker was way longer than some of the other ones for sale. Speaking of sale, this is a really good price! Thank you for offering this to us who are putting together things we need for the future!!! :)))))))))