- File Size: 758 KB
- Print Length: 125 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Pentalpha Publishing Edinburgh (March 4, 2012)
- Publication Date: March 4, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007GNIFBU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,711,832 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Friends, Family and Other Strangers From Downunder Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
"Window without Glass" tells of Cerisa from Australia who is backpacking around Turkey. After getting lost she comes across Leyla who has never ventured from her village…
"Visiting Rites" is touching and sad, deep and meaningful.
While "Corner of Acacia and Beach Streets" really touched a chord with me. Forever stuck in that time, waiting for Paul to pick her up from the corner of Acacia and Beach Streets; telling Tabitha about the past…
"Santa Never Made It" tells of Darwin, Christmas 1974 - Wendy, surly and fed up; her little brother Jamie who is adopted; their Mum and Dad - what happened that Christmas Day to change them all, especially Wendy?
This anthology of fourteen short stories by Aussie author Liza Perrat is an enjoyable mixture for everyone and I have no hesitation in recommending "Friends, Family and Other Strangers From Downunder" to all.
The heartbreaking tale of Visiting Rites is especially powerful and tugs at the deepest parts of the psyche.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Liza Perrat has shown her talent with words and creating atmosphere yet again. Each story holds the reader's interest until the final moment, and each story is so different and... Read morePublished on July 24, 2012 by Margaret
This book of short stories wasn't what I first expected when I read it was about life in Australia. Sunshine, suncream and barbecues this is not! Read morePublished on July 24, 2012 by Gilly
This is a delightful mix of short stories portraying the Australian humour, darkness and distinctive character in an intelligent and creative style, immediately capturing the... Read morePublished on July 24, 2012 by Avid reader
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors