Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10,927 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11,365 reviews
on August 19, 2017
After less than two months it stopped working. Frigidaire used to signify quality. Not any longer, and its customer service is anything but service. No wonder today's appliances carry the 'Energy Star' moniker. They don't work so you don't use any energy. I have a Whirlpool dehumidifier that I purchased 35 years ago - prior to 'Energy Star' and other environmental claptrap - and it still works! I have been unable to find one in the last 10 years that works longer than several months. But they all claim they're good for the environment. Great!
Like it
on August 19, 2017
Purchased in August 2014, it has stopped extracting moisture from the air as of August 2017. The company (Frigidaire/Electrolux) has said that they will buy it back from me with a receipt and product label plate (I get to pay the mailing costs and dispose of the unit on my own). I think the electronic circuit has prevented the compressor from functioning, but could be other cause. this is the second dehumidifier (different brand) that has gone this route. Poor control circuitry? These things should run forever, as they are small refrigerators.
on August 19, 2017
Well one month beyond the one year warranty and the unit has stopped working. Frigidaire has you call a local repair company for service. I haven't heard back just yet. I will report how the repair process works.
on August 19, 2017
It's been 2.5 years since I had this and it is working like a workhorse!! Nice design, works as advertised and is reasonably priced. This is replacing my previous branded dehumidifier (also bought from Amazon) that cost $80 more and barely lasted 13mo. I have attached a garden hose to the humidifier and now I don't need to empty the bucket every 2-3days (yes, my basement is quite humid)!!!
on August 19, 2017
We noticed an immediate difference within an hour of plugging in this dehumidifier. This does a great job of managing the moisture in our finished basement. The fans is very effective. The noise is what you'd expect from a dehumidifier. My only complaint is that the timer has to be routinely reset & not
recurrent like my old dehumidifier. Our previous item's timer would turn the dehukidiernon/oddnevery 2, 4, or 8 hours to help save energy & to extend the life of motor.
on August 18, 2017
It worked fine until it didn't! The unit died after 25 months use. I probably should have purchased the cheapest model I could find if I am going to have to replace it every year or so. It has a permanent EC code that defies the few troubleshooting tips on the manual. Warranty is worthless.
on August 18, 2017
It's working well. I have no complaints.
Freaking ***LOVE*** this heavy-duty
solidly built machine!

This is the second one I have purchased.
I have one in a basement which has run
24 x 7 x 365 for 5 years and continues to
operate with only cleaning the filter periodically.

This unit arrived with a four-inch split in the
plastic wall on the side opposite the intake filter.
I was on the verge of sending it back - but thought
i would test it for a while.

Happy to report that the damage appears to be
cosmetic and that the unit has worked flawlessly
for the past two weeks.

I can easily recommend this dehumidifier in
good conscience — and no, I was not provided
with a free one or any incentive to write this review.
Very well made.