FRIGIDAIRE FFRH1822R2 18500 BTU 230V Median Slide-Out Chassis Air Conditioner with 16,000 BTU Supplemental Heat Capability
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Model Name||Frigidaire FFRH1822R2 Window-Mounted Heavy-Duty Air Conditioner With Supplemental Heat Capability and Remote Control, White See more|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||25.38 x 23.63 x 17.88 inches|
|Item Weight||118 Pounds|
|Floor Area||1050 Square Feet|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Dimensions: 23-5/8" W x 25-3/8" D x 17-7/8" H | Window Width: 26-1/2" - 40-1/2" | Cabinet Depth (w/ Front): 23-5/16" | Cut-Out Height: 18" | Cut-Out Width: 23-7/8"
- Effectively cool a large space at your home or office with the cooling coverage of up to 1170 Sq. ft.
- Stay comfortable, even when it's hot outside with 5421.81 W cooling power
- Window mounting kit included (Pleated Quick Mount adjusts the unit to fit your window)
- Special 230V electrical outlet required (Unit will not work with a standard 115V outlet)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Special 230V electrical outlet required (Unit will not work with a standard 115V outlet).
- 18,500 BTU cooling capacity / 16,000 BTU supplemental heating capacity.
- Dehumidification up to 5.5 pints per hour.
- 8-way comfort control design allows you to easily control the direction of the air wherever the unit is mounted.
- 3 cooling speeds, 3 fan speeds and 3 heat speeds.
- 24-hour on/off timer cools on your schedule.
18,500 BTU 230V Median Slide-Out Chassis Air Conditioner
with 16,000 BTU Supplemental Heat Capability
The Frigidaire 18,500 BTU 230V Median Slide-Out Chassis Air Conditioner with 16,000 BTU Supplemental Heat dehumidifies up to 5.5 pints per hour and quickly cools a room up to 1,050 square feet. It also features three cool speeds, three fan speeds, and three heat speeds. With its eight-way comfort control design this AC allows you to easily control the direction of the cool air wherever the unit is mounted.
- Median air conditioner with supplemental heat capability for a room up to 1,050 sq. ft.
- Supplemental heat capability provides an additional heat source to your main heat source when outdoor temperatures are above 45°F.
- Low power start-up conserves energy and saves you money.
- Quiet operation keeps you comfortable without keeping you awake.
- Effortless restart automatically resumes operating at its previous settings when power is restored.
- Auto cool mode allows the fan to adjust speeds as the room temperature changes.
- Energy saver mode conserves energy and saves you money.
Clean, Cool Air
The filter is washable mesh with tilt-out access. It cleans the air reduces room odors. A clean filter alert notifies you when your filter needs to be cleaned so you don’t have to keep track of it yourself.
Ready-Select electronic controls allow you to easily select options with the touch of a button. Effortless temperature control maintains preset room temperature so you will remain at your comfort level. Customizable features like a 24-hour on/off timer that cools on your schedule and an auto cool mode that allows the fan to adjust speeds as the room temperature changes take this air conditioner to another level.
Convenience at Your Fingertips
The full-function remote control offers the user the flexibility to control the temperature and fan speed from anywhere in the room. The remote also features cool, energy saver, fan only, sleep, auto fan, timer, and heat buttons.
|Room Size||1,050 sq. ft.||1,300 sq. ft.||1,600 sq. ft.||1,600 sq. ft.||1,900 sq. ft.|
|Energy Star Qualified||✓||✓|
|Window Height (Min.)||18.5"||19.5"||19.5"||19.5"||19.5"|
|Window Width (Min./Max.)||26.5"/40.5"||31"/42"||31"/42"||31"/42"||31"/42"|
Frigidaire's FFRH1822R2 18, 500 BTU 230V Median Slide-Out Chassis Air Conditioner with 16, 000 BTU Supplemental Heat Capability is perfect for a room up to 1, 050 square feet. The slide-out chassis is designed for either window or wall installation. In addition to cooling, this versatile unit also offers supplemental heat capability, providing you with an additional heat source to your main heat source when outdoor temperatures are above 45 degrees Fahrenheit. It quickly cools the room on hot days and quiet operation keeps you comfortable without keeping you awake. Features include electronic controls, full-function remote control with heat, 8-way air direction control and multiple speeds. Plus, the washable mesh filter with clean filter alert reduces bacteria, room odors and airborne particles creating a comfortable environment. This unit requires a special 230V electrical outlet and will not operate with a standard 115V household electrical outlet.Air CFM (Low): 329 Air CFM (Med): 388 Air CFM (High): 446cooling power:18500
Compare with similar items
Frigidaire FHWE182WA2 Window Air Conditioner, 18000 BTU, White
Koldfront WAC18001W 18,500 BTU 208/230V Heat/Cool Window Air Conditioner
A/C Safe AC-160 Universal Heavy Duty Window Air Conditioner Support
Midea U Inverter Window Air Conditioner 12,000BTU, U-Shaped AC with Open Window Flexibility, Robust Installation,Extreme Quiet, 35% Energy Saving, Smart Control, Alexa, Remote, Bracket Included
LG LW1216HR 11,500/12,000 230V Window-Mounted Air Conditioner with 9,200/11,200 BTU Supplemental Heat Function, 12000, White
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Additionally, I paid nearly $700.00 for an appliance that only worked 18 months, and Frigidaire thinks that is just fine.
There are couple of negatives that are relatively minor, though they might be a more of a concern to others considering this particular unit. First, it is pretty noisy, not unreasonably so, but noisier than we expected. Since, as I mentioned earlier, we operate the unit on its economy setting most of the time the unit doesn't run constantly so the noise isn't constant. Second, the unit is very heavy. Fortunately, the contractor who closed in the porch for us was present when the unit arrived and helped us put the unit into the wall. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to try to wrestle with the unit alone.
I usually wait to do reviews until I have owned a product for at least a year but decided to make an exception because I suspect a lot of people might be looking to purchase a room A/C around this time of year. And, as I said earlier, I will try to do another review this winter and by then will have had considerably more time to assess the unit's performance. Highly recommended.
I'm looking forward to testing the AC function this summer. I'm sure it will be more than adequate.
I'm updating this previous review. I find that after a few months, this unit is just okay. It starts up in Economy mode and at 72 degrees. if you don't set it to auto mode, it gets warm as once it gets to 72 degrees, it just cycles for a few seconds. We are using this large unit to cool a floor of a split level, so the auto fan is the only setting that works. Not sure why they programmed it this way.
All in all it's a decent unit for the money.
I took off a star for the remote - the remote has to be reset often. It seems to go to sleep and will not work until a battery is disconnected and reconnected. Then it will be fine for a day or two. New batteries make no difference.
One Louisiana summer down. Unit kept up nicely. would buy again.