Frigidaire FRA126CT1 12-000 Btu Window Air Conditioner W / Temp Remote
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Setup of 1 customer-supplied air conditioner in existing room
- Mounting air conditioner in unmodified window frame
- Power check and plug in to existing outlet
- Air conditioner test, instructions, and clean up
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 12-000 BTU cooling capacity with variable speed fan
- Cools room sizes up to 640 sq. ft.
- 8-way air direction control
- Clean air ionizer; Anti-bacterial mesh filter type- tilt-out filter access
- Electronic controls with temperature sensing remote
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
This unit has an Energy Efficiency Ratio of 10.8 and is sure to provide you with savings, along with convenient, cool comfort. In Energy-saver mode the fan continues to run for 1 minute after the compressor shuts off. The fan then cycles on for 20 seconds at 10 minute intervals until the room temperature is above the set temperature, at which time the compressor turns back on. The low voltage operation and Energy Saver mode help to conserve energy and save you money.
Frigidaire Compact Air Conditioner
Frigidaire's FRA126CT1 12,000 BTU 115-Volt Window-Mounted Compact Air Conditioner is perfect for rooms up to 640 square feet. It quickly cools the room on hot days and quiet operation keeps you cool without keeping you awake. Low voltage start-up and operation conserves energy and saves you money. Ready-Select electronic controls allow you to set the comfort level to your preference, while a convenient temperature-readout displays the set temperature. Effortless temperature sensing remote control allows you to see, set and maintain room temperature from across the room. The multi-speed fan features three different fan speeds for more cooling flexibility and the 8-way comfort control design allows you to easily control the direction of the cool air, wherever the unit is mounted. Plus, the clean air ionizer removes pollen and impurities from the air providing relief for allergy sufferers.
12,000 BTU 115-volt window-mounted compact air conditioner
Easy to use installation kit included (Pleated Quick Mount adjusts your unit to fit your window)
Quiet operation keeps you cool without keeping you awake
Tilt-out, antimicrobial mesh filter with clean filter alert cleans the air removing harmful bacteria
Clean air ionizer removes pollen and impurities from the air providing relief for allergy sufferers
Fresh air vent and exhaust control remove odors and freshen the air
Ready-select electronic controls allow you to easily select options with the touch of a button
3 cooling speeds and 3 fan speeds for more cooling flexibility
8-way comfort control design allows you to easily control the direction of the air wherever the unit is mounted
Effortless temperature control maintains preset room temperature so you will remain at your comfort level
Effortless restart resumes operating at its previous settings when power is restored to your unit
Full-function Remote Control
Effortless temperature sensing remote control allows you to see, set and maintain room temperature from across the room
Auto cool mode allows the fan to adjust speeds as the room temperature changes
24-hour on/off timer cools on your schedule
|Dimensions (H x D x W)||14.5 x 21.5 x 19 inches||14.5 x 21.5 x 19 inches||14.5 x 21.5 x 19 inches||14.5 x 21.5 x 19 inches||15.4 x 23.3 x 22.6 inches|
|Cool Area (Sq. Ft.)||500||500||640||640||640|
|Length of Power Cord||6 feet (6.5 feet)||6 feet (6.5 feet)||6 feet (6.5 feet)||6 feet (6.5 feet)||5.5 feet (6 feet)|
|Plug Type||LCDI, 5-15P||LCDI, 5-15P||LCDI, 5-15P||LCDI, 5-15P||LCDI, 6-20P|
|Fan Speed (Cool/Fan/Heat)||3/3/-||3/3/-||3/3/-||3/3/-||3/3/3|
|Remote Control||Full Function||Full Function & Remote T'Stat||Full Function||Full Function & Remote T'Stat||Full Function with Heat|
|Anti-Bacterial Mesh Filter||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Frigidaire's FRA126CT1 12,000 BTU Compact Window Air Conditioner with Temperature Remote, is perfect for medium to large size rooms up to 640 square feet. It also has electronic controls with a temperature sensing remote giving you the choice of controlling the temperature with the remote or at the unit. The clean air ionizer and antimicrobial filter reduces bacteria, room odors, and other airborne particles for a comfortable environment. With Energy Star efficiency, this unit provides savings along with cool, quiet comfort.
Compare to similar items
This item Frigidaire FRA126CT1 12-000 Btu Window Air Conditioner W / Temp Remote
Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 5, 000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls, 15 x 16 x 12 inches
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||MaxWarehouse||Good Luck Bargains||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Cools well and it was half the size of the 13k BTU unit it replaced. The dimensions were small enough to fit in one of the twin side by side storm windows I have, which is a much more convenient location for me.
2) Installation was very easy but it would be nice if they included an exterior bracket/stand to leverage against the outside of the window.
3) First time to have an AC unit with a remote. Surprisingly, the remote is something you very quickly appreciate having and is quite useful.
Couple of small issues:
1) The energy saving setting will often cause the AC unit to cycle on and then off very quickly. I'm not sure if the sensor location or design is causing this or just bad thermal flow in the room, but I think it should have a feature where it runs for 3-5 minutes whenever the thermostat triggers instead of cycling on/off every few seconds.
2) I get a strange odor from the unit when I run the fan only setting. Not sure if this is my specific location, installation angle, or something within the unit, but it is very noticeable. It's to the point that I just run the AC compressor if I run this thing, and use a separate window fan in the adjacent window if I only want a fan circulating.
3) The remote sensing feature requires direct line of sight between the remote and the AC. Even a small bag placed in front of the air conditioner can interfere with the signal.
Originally this unit was bought with the thought that I might have to purchase another unit to satisfy the requirements of cooling the first floor of my home especially because of the addition of a 16 x 17 foot southerly facing family room with multiple windows and a 6 foot sliding glass door, cathedral ceiling, and a 4 x 4 foot square skylight with no means of ventilation at the ceiling - extreme heat load. I already had a 6,000 btu unit in the downstairs bedroom and with the addition of this unit, I just opened the b/r door and the 1st floor (including the kitchen) space was very comfortable all season long. As a bonus, I could not believe how quiet the unit was when in operation. Very happy with purchase.
1. KUL. I had to leave it on most of the time to keep the room cooled (perhaps my room too large). But it did cool the room, and the display is intuitive, more attractive, and easier to use than Frigidaire's. Nonetheless, I returned it.
2. Frigidaire. The grill arrived *very* dirty. For a brand new machine, a dirty grill is off-putting. I cleaned it in sink. For now, I prefer the Frigidaire to the KUL, because, for about the same price you get with the Frigidaire: (i) 12,000 BTU, and (ii) ionizer air filter to purify air. [KUL at BB&B is $320, but with 20% off coupon is about $290, after tax. Frigidaire delivered was ~$325.] KUL has a better remote hands down, but for an extra $35, and Frigidaire easily cooling my apt room (so far), Friggie won.
Most recent customer reviews
DOES IT COOL: YES, BETTER than my other units
IS IT RELIABLE: Best one I own and still pumping out ice cold air 4...Read more
It is SOOOOO darn LOUD.Read more
I'd consider a split air conditioner if my condo association allowed it.Read more