Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Frigidaire Professional Stainless Programmable 6-Slice Infared Convection Toaster Oven
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on January 16, 2012
No issues with the construction/assembly of my oven. It preheats so quickly! It has worked well so far on toast, pizza, cheese bread, dinner rolls, and more! The pans included work nicely. I found the controls intuitive and easy to use, I did breeze through the manual before hand though. I would gladly recommend this item and would certainly purchase it again.

Edit - it blew up while toasting after maybe a dozen uses. The upper heating element/bulb actually melted a hole and made a huge flash. Looking for repair or replacement now. I will more than likely have to pay to ship it to a repair center.
1010 comments| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This little oven is a remarkably versatile piece of kitchen equipment, that I probably would have never thought I needed, but now find myself using more and more every day. It is a very effective toaster, with different settings for toast and bagels, and a six slice capacity which is appreciated in my household of six, but as I said in the title to this review, on the balance it is really an oven that toasts rather than the other way around. With dedicated settings for baking, broiling and pizza, it offers a great alternative to heating up the entire oven for small food items. To me, the perfect example is chicken tenders; normally if I wanted a few to throw on a salad, I would have had to heat the entire oven, which is incredibly wasteful given then small size of the item being cooked. However, with this unit, I can heat up a much smaller volume, saving energy and wear and tear on my oven.

I will concede that the settings are not immediately intuitive, and a little work on the interface wouldn't be a terrible idea (too many combinations of button/knob, or rather a lack of flow in how they are laid out). That said, once you have them down after the first few uses you won't give it another thought. My only real concern is that the unit is not very well insulated, so if you use it to bake/broil for an extended period of time the outside gets very hot. I don't think it's a real fire risk (it's not THAT hot), but I think there is a potential for a minor burn, particularly for a child who might not know better than to avoid the sides.

That said, with a measure of prudence that frankly should be applied to any kitchen appliance, this is a tremendously useful and versatile addition to any kitchen.

Jake Mohlman
11 comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 29, 2013
I usually don't write reviews, but I think this is important for consumers to know. I purchased this item (not from Amazon), and after about 7 months it just quit working, giving an error code of "E01." I contacted customer service where I was first told to check my owner's manual for the error code and then told to return it to the store. Unfortunately the store will not take the item back due to it being past the 30 day return period. The customer service at Frigidaire is ridiculous. Also, they apparently put the serial number on a sticker because the serial number on my item is nowhere to be found, which also renders the warranty useless. However, they etched the model number in the unit. Frigidaire refuses to take responsibility for their faulty items.
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2012
We bought this product in March 2012. Found programming to be a little cumbersome but it did a nice job, looks good and is easy to clean. Unfortunately, in August the upper heating element ceased to function. The owners manual proclaims a one year warranty. When I called customer service I was told that there was nothing they could send me to make it work and therefore I should take it back to the store where I bought it. The manual says they will "repair or replace" the machine. Fortunately for me (I suppose), I am a lawyer and will be sending Electrolux/Fridigaire a certified letter tomorrow informing them of Pennsylvania Fraudulent Trade Practices Act, which provides for triple damages and attorney fees for a breach of warranty. I will try to post any updated information. This would be a 4 star review if the manufacturer stood behind its product.
33 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on November 9, 2012
Purchased this oven about 6 months ago (not from Amazon). I loved the look of it and what appeared to be quality construction and ease of use. However, less than four months later, it began making a strange noise everytime it started to heat up. The sound was tolerable at first, but grew louder and louder until the sound resembled an uncomfortably loud honking. Loud enough to wake a sleeping baby (which I did happen to have). So I called customer service. They asked for my name, address, phone number, the item's model number, purchase date, and details of the problem. After ruling out the heating element as the source of trouble, she simply told me to return it to the store where I purchased it. Ummmm... did you reeeally need all that info to tell me to return it to the store? and what am I supposed to do if it was a gift? Guess I'll be looking for a new oven...
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2012
I bought the Frigidaire after my last toaster oven died (after about 2 years of use). The one thing I really disliked about my last toaster oven (Black and Decker) was the timing system. It had a tiny little knob that you turned to set the cook time. Well, for toast the difference between good toast and burnt toast was about 1/8" on that knob. Basically, I had to sit there and watch the toast otherwise it would get burned.

So when I sent looking for a new toaster oven, a digital timer was a must. I was attracted to this unit because of its good looks and when I saw that it had a digital timer, I thought it was the perfect unit.

Unfortunately on the toast setting the time is pre-set! In other words, if tell the oven that you have two slices and you want it lightly toasted, the time is pre-set to 4:10 (or something like that). If you bump the setting to medium toast, it is pre-set to 5:05 (approximately). Well wouldn't you know it, for me 4:10 is too light and 5:05 is burnt! Which means just like the last unit I have to stand there and watch it. To make matters worse, it takes a very long time to make toast. 5 minutes! On my old Black and Decker a minute or two was all it took.

It's better as an oven -- large capacity and convection capability. In fact this could really double as your "main" oven if you are just cooking for 1-3 people (saving electricty and heat from a main oven). The convection capability works great, crisping up things like frozen chicken nuggets or fries.

Although I prefer function over aesthetics, I have to admit this is a handsome unit. The stainless finish and blue LCD look very nice. In addition, Frigidaire has this "feature" which they call "infrared cooking" or something like that. Basically the top element is more like a high intensity lighting fixture, so when it cooks a bright orange light comes out of the unit. The bottom element is a traditional element similar to what you would find in a regular oven.

The controls take some getting used to. You have to turn the knobs to adjust settings, and then press a button to go on to the next setting. For example, the bottom knob is used to control both the # of slices of toast as well as the darkness of the toast. My kid picked it up pretty easily, but I could see my parents getting frustrated with it -- having to turn knobs and press buttons in the right sequence.

In summary it's a good oven, large and spacious. I just wish that it was a good toaster as well.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
(Update Sept 2014) - Still works great of daily use except for a louder fan noise when baking.

The first thing you might think is how complicated to use a digital oven toaster. It needs a bit of a learning curve, but it is not too bad as it has only a few knobs and buttons, but you will need to read the manual that came with it.

I like the way it looks. It matches with my Sharp stainless steel microwave oven in the kitchen. It just weighs too light which makes it move around the counter with every accidental light push; I will have to make it sit on some poster putty to anchor it. The LCD panel is big and easy to read.

This is our third convection oven, but our first digital. The fan that circulates the heated air is quiet compared to our previous ones. It heats faster using the halogen and quartz infrared technology. I guess similar to the infrared lamps use to warm bathrooms during the cold weather days. You can actually see the wire elements turn red hot in a matter of seconds; they are in the form of a spring (as opposed to straight metal rods) enclosed in a glass tube. The glass tube prevents you from accidentally touching the wires which I imagine are very fragile.

It has 8 preset settings which are the following: bagel, toast, bake, broil, cookies, pizza, reheat and warm. The most used functions for us are toast and bake. It does a great job on toast. Just experiment first by setting the toast darkness in the middle and start from there.

Included are a cooking rack, a bake pan and pizza pan. The cooking rack is beautiful, it looks very decent and sturdy. The two bake pans are very thin and cheap, in fact my 7 year old kid accidentally pressed on it and it is now deformed.

Specs:
This oven has 0.6 cu. ft. capacity. It can accommodate a 12" inch round pizza. Upper heating elements is 900 watts while the lower heating elements is rated at 600 watts for a total of 1500 watts; this is just about the same as other oven toaster available in the market.

My wife and I love this toaster except for a few issues mentioned above. The fast heating, the modern stainless look, and a more precise cooking timer are all nice.
77 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2012
I'll start out by saying that I REALLY wanted to like this oven. It matches all of the other frigidaire appliance in my kitchen. It's really made and warrantied through Electrolux.

I liked the pre-set menu settings for different items and oven temp and time can be set manually. It has a convection fan, that is on with some of the modes but it didn't appear to make much of a difference. It comes with a wire rack, a pizza tray which is really flimsy and a rectangle baking pan that is of better quality, but not by much.

The first thing I had an issue with was the door not opening all the way flat (as it is pictured doing in the manual). This makes is tough to get the crumb tray out and to move the rack if it's in the bottom position.

There was also something up with the display from day one - Once it got hot, it wouldn't display correctly until it cooled back off.

I was willing to work past the above issues and I used the oven 2 more times (for a total of 4 times) when the last issue arose. The oven has a combination quartz (on top) and heater element (on bottom). On the 4th use, the quartz elements stopped working and only the bottom would come on.

I've since returned this item and will begin looking for something that will last more than 20 days.
on August 31, 2012
This is a great product for about the first 1-3 months, when it dies. We purchased one at the end of February 2012 from BestBuy. About 45 days later, just outside of the 30 day return period, the display wouldn't dim and it would shock you when you touched it. We discontinued use and had to go through the warranty process for a replacement, which arrived a few weeks later. So about mid-May 2012 we put the replacement into use and it has worked great since, till this morning on August 31, 2012 when we awoke to it making a buzzing sound. It still seems to work OK otherwise, but makes us nervous considering our experience with the first unit. We have since read many reviews on the poor quality of this oven and would never recommend it to anyone. If Frigidaire can work the bugs out, then I might think differently, but for now, stay away from this product.
on July 21, 2012
The first one arrived from Amazon and I noticed that the box had been opened and resealed. No problem I thought. Plugged it in and it wouldn't heat. Then noticed that one of the upper heating elements was broken. Put it back in it's shipping container and returned it for replacement. The replacement arrived and I again plugged it in. It didn't seem to heat to a very high temperature so checked it with an oven thermometer. The temperature would not go above 200 degrees. The lower heating elements were not functioning. I spent the extra money and bought a Breville BOV800XL. Works great and is of much higher quality.