Frikywa Bell - Ghana Metal Pod Bell with Ring Striker
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Hand forged from recycled iron by expert blacksmiths in Ghana
- Variety of clear, crisp tones that sing out above the ensemble
- Round ring striker included with each bell
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project
- World Percussion USA is the only authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers of this item are NOT selling the product described in this listing!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The frikywa (FREE-chee-wah), also known as the grello bell or African castinet, is a two-piece instrument used in Ghanaian percussion ensembles. The bell is shaped like a large, open walnut shell connected at the top and bottom, which is held by one finger. The ring is used to strike the bell, and can be worn on the thumb or held in the opposite hand. Covered by our warranty, the frikywa features: * hand forged from recycled iron by expert blacksmiths in Ghana * variety of clear, crisp tones that sing out above the ensemble * round ring striker included with each bell * due to handcrafted nature of the frikywa, size of bell and ring will vary, as will sound (World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on this marketplace. All other sellers claiming above to also sell this item as described are not honest sellers, so proceed with caution.)