Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 27, 2013
I suppose I'm what one might call a millennial. Materials on manners I read when I was growing up included (1) my mother's copies of Emily Post's Etiquette, (2) Miss Manners syndicated columns published in the newspaper, and (3) a manners books for elementary- and middle-school aged girls that included guidelines such as taking messages for phone calls before the prevalence of caller ID. However, I'm now a middle-class 20-something who finds myself using a cell phone from which I can access my email at anytime--and so do the people around me!

As a relative newcomer to the "real world" as a young adult, I'm still considering investing in a more comprehensive etiquette book or two. However, I found the guidelines covered in this volume broad enough to cover most general situations in which I find myself nowadays. I'm quite glad to read tips for everyday situations such as looking presentable when running errands (lest you encounter a colleague or client from work) to advice on what a basic wardrobe for more formal occasions (e.g., ballet/opera/symphony orchestra performances, weddings, funerals, and more) should include.

For women my age, I'd say this book can be viewed as a good etiquette primer. I'm not sure what I'd say about this book for older women, however; this book might be too simple to women significantly older than I.
on January 4, 2015
The book is great. Getting a 12 year old to read it---that is a challenge. Kids need to know how to behave and some parents have dropped the ball, so I gave this to the daughter. She is far more interested in make-up on the face than make-up of the character, so this needs more work. Book is great though.
on January 5, 2015
I bought this for my brothers to read since they act so clueless as to acts of common courtesy sometimes, but I don't think they ever read it because they remain acting clueless. However, I read the female version and skimmed through this version and found both to be entertaining and very helpful.
on January 4, 2015
No offense, guys, but where are you? Why are boys being raised to be clueless thugs? SOMEONE has to raise the boys, and it's a man's job...but, since they don't....the book is here. It's a tiny book (think bigger than a cigarette pack) but it has the stuff a young guy needs to know.
on October 14, 2016
Great but concerned people it was intended for won't read, needs to be in App format! Or maybe a video!
on January 5, 2015
I bought this for myself and my family. The author keeps things light a simple while offering explanations of the rules of common courtesy. A great read for anyone who feels clueless or who is just trying to brush up their knowledge of manners. The book is entertaining while educational.
on September 29, 2014
Everything you need to know and some things that you don't. There is not enough chivalry in this word anymore. I good book for teens!
on February 13, 2016
Great Read.
on December 19, 2013
I like the book. I find it helpful. I think it's something that people should look into and take into consideration more often. I remember someone recommending me this book years back and I finally bought it. I can read it again whenever I need to know what to do in certain situations. It covers a lot in just about over 170 pages. It's good.
on August 26, 2016
The book isn't what I thought it would be. Content was only partially helpful.