Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 16, 2007 2:25:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2007 2:28:48 PM PDT
Mark C says:
I couldn't help but notice this one review of the book where the author and another commented that time will tell whether Akiane is "from God." What does that mean? I mean if you believe in God as creator, isn't that where everyone is from? I imagine one that does not wouldn't pose such a question.

Of course there is no question that Akiane is especially gifted. I just don't see a need to make a judgement about it categorically, like she is a prophet or whatever - just let her work speak for itself. I just hope people are really listening, rather than just count her as a plus for the Christian camp or something.

edited to add:

Actually, how naive of me - I guess that question might also imply one wonders if God exists or is the reason for her talent, as she says.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2008 5:13:50 PM PST
Tonibets says:
I can't speak for what the person meant because I can't read their mind nor do I know their personal beliefs, but in the Catholic religion, when someone claims visions and/or prophecies, the church always takes a "wait and see" attitude. In the New Testament, there is something regarding spirits along the lines of " test everything and hold on to what is true". The implication being that "spiritual things" can also come from Satan, "the great deceiver", in order to confuse and disrupt. I think what confused you is that for some reason the church uses the expression"of God" when it really means "from God". Don't know if I helped, or just muddied the waters more for you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2007
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry
Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry by Bruce Larson (Hardcover - March 7, 2006)
4.8 out of 5 stars (652)