Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: From the Mouth of Elijah (Children of the Bard)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

94%
Format: Paperback|Change

on July 19, 2012
Once again, Bryan Davis has enveloped me in a complex story with characters who will not soon be forgotten. In this story, you will learn about sacrifice, bravery, and mercy as the characters we love from the Dragons in our Midst and Oracles of Fire series continue on yet another quest to save the world from corruption. With new characters, and old ones we haven't seen in a while, this book provides an exciting new look into the worlds we all know; Earth, Second Eden, and the Valley of Souls. It will definitely keep you constantly on your toes with mind-boggling riddles, unexpected surprises, and imminent danger at every corner. Have your flame retardant cloak ready, because you are about to jump from world to world as you watch your favorite characters face tough tests of faith. This book will blow your mind as it did mine, proving once again that Bryan Davis is most definitely my favorite author. =)
on July 31, 2012
I got to be a pre-reader for this book and I absolutely loved it! This is by far a favorite Bryan Davis book for me. For the avid readers of these books, this WILL NOT disappoint! Below is my review from the book.

When I want a book that has action, humor, love, and dragons, I know to pick up a Bryan Davis book. Mr. Davis flawlessly transitions from one scene to the next, and as I read, I can just see each character and where they are. "From the Mouth of Elijah" gives a whole new depth to what we've already learned about Mr. Davis' dragon drama. I finished it in two days, and read through it again the next. You won't want to put this book down, even when you finish it!

(P.S. Because amazon asks you to use a "pen name" for reviews, this is not the same name that is in the book, it's my name for amazon reviews and fanfiction.)
on January 29, 2013
FROM THE MOUTH OF ELIJAH kept my fingers gripping the pages until the end. The plot, characters, and the struggles make you relate to the realistic characters.
After Mount Elijah has erupted, and the residents of Second Eden are struggling to survive, Matt Bannister uses his dragon traits to save as many people as he can. Meanwhile, Lauren and her father, Billy, are searching for Bonnie by following her song that only Lauren can hear. Walter and Ashley, along with Joran and Selah, are discovering secrets concerning the terrible illness that has all the original anthrozils in its grip.
Reuniting us with characters we've grown to love from previous books, and timeless lessons that everyone should learn, Bryan Davis has written another masterpiece, and earned himself another spot on my bookshelf.
on July 18, 2012
I bought this book for my daughter for her 14th birthday from the author and she loved it. All she did was read the book non stop. I had to tell her to stop reading it and save it for later. She loves your books. She is looking forward to the 3rd book. Sarah says, "Thank you Mr. Davis for writing a collection (DIOM, OOF, and COTB) that inspires me, is thought-provoking, and centered around God. These books have made me re-examine my Christianity, my relatonship to God, and strive to be more like those characters. Each time I re-read the books, I learn something new, something that I missed the first time. I was so amazed at the Christian feel of the books that I started highlighting the sayings that were Christian/Biblical and noting which charater said it by the color of the highlighter. I will treasure these books and make sure they don't get ruined or damaged."
on July 27, 2012
Bryan Davis has continued to impress me since I began reading his books. This book is no different. As before he has created a true masterpiece. Some of you might think the beginning is a little slow but believe me its worth it to keep going. I was not able to put the book down and you won`t be able to either. This book also ties together the other books in the Dragons in our Midst, Oracles of Fire, and Children of The Bard series. In this book we lose some characters and gain some characters. We also have some very surprising discoveries about old characters. This book is a definite reader for all.
on May 15, 2013
For those of you who read the first two series this is the next chapter in the Dragon's in our Midst series. the book will start off introducing you to two new characters who will join billy and his friends on their ever ending journey to rid the world of evil and bring peace to the world so everyone can live together as one will they pevail or will evil win?
on August 19, 2012
I know everyone says it, but I'm saying it again; Bryan Davis has yet again captivated me with one of his astounding masterpieces! Having read all nine books before this one, I wondered how Mr. Davis would top my favorites (The Bones of Makaidos and Song of the Ovulum) but, as always, he did. From the first minute you pick up this book, you are taken up into a world of treason, love, sacrifice and inspiring courage that will strengthen your faith and challenge you to go further. Among the pages of From the Mouth of Elijah, you will encounter old and dear friends as well as become friends with new people. Mr. Davis never fails to introduce endearing characters time and time again that will capture your attention, time and love. I will be awaiting the next addition eagerly!
on September 22, 2012
The author has once again come out with an amazing story in a continuation of the children of the bard series. As usual, it is a hard book to put down once you have started reading. Hope there are many more books in the future from Bryan Davis.
on July 18, 2012
Just as dragons can soar to great heights, swoop into battle, and dive into trouble, thus From the Mouth of Elijah takes us on a fantastic undulating adventure. Action moves from Earth to Second Eden, Hades, or Heaven's door and back by means of fiery portals.
Contrasting themes of fire or ice, destruction or healing, death or life, poignant reunions or miserable separations, self-sacrificing love or greed for power, serving Satan or trusting God propel this tale. Youngest generation twins Lauren and Matt and siblings Joran and Selah, the really ancient Bard's children, work enthusiastically to rescue anthrozils, persecuted dragons, and humans from evil. Lauren, recently reunited with her father Billy Bannister, finds herself on her own on her quest to rid the world of the new batholith menace, but meets previously unknown relatives and an awesome companion to help her. Matt must deal with the deviously unreliable and self-centered Semiramis, and long-suffering Bonnie again encounters the blatantly evil Tamiel. Faithful Walter and brilliant Ashley and their incredible computers combat the batholith also. Listener, Eagle, Valiant and Elijah ,of course, play extremely important roles in these dramatic ventures.
Poetry succinctly captures meaning in fewer words than does prose. "Elijah's Fire" implicitly shows the plot of from the Mouth of Elijah. I always study Bryan Davis's enlightening poem at the beginning of each novel and revisit it after reading the book to ponder its meaning.
Having enjoyed science fiction since second grade, I've been enthralled with each of the three dragon series since I read Raising Dragons. I always read them first before loaning them to my grandchildren. I hope that Mr. Davis writes at least two more books in this Children of the Bard series.
on August 14, 2012
It is difficult to review this book without giving at least a bit of overview of the entire series. It all starts with the "Dragons in Our Midst" series - 4 books that had a life changing impact on my children and myself as we explored a world where spiritual concepts are lived out in material ways, beautifully painting word pictures of what our faith journey can look like. It then continues on with the "Oracles of Fire" series - another transformational journey in the same world of adventure as we explore the concepts of spiritual maturity and a fruitful life. The new series, set in the same contest as the other 2 four book series, is entitled "Children of the Bard" and continues the journey through this amazing world of faith and heroism, focusing on the legacy of the original characters in how the faith lessons impact the lives of their children.

For those who have been reading the series and were waiting with baited breath for a resolution of the cliff hanger ending of "Song of the Ovulum", "From the Mouth of Elijah" does indeed provide immediate relief! But in his classic style, Bryan Davis, keeps us engaged in this wonderful saga and brings us again and again to the edge of our seats with plenty of explosions, escapes and excitement. Following the lives of familiar characters (Bonnie, Billy, Walter, Ashley, Lauren, and Matt), and reintroducing us to someone from the past, Bryan Davis brings us through twists and turns along a journey of love, faith, obedience and sacrifice.

It would be difficult for me to get into the story line, as the parts that stick out in my mind the most, that I would really like to talk about, would be major spoilers! So let me conclude by saying, if you have been reading Bryan's books, get this one! And if you haven't, they are worth the time and cost of the books! You will want to read them over and over! I highly recommend the entire series for anyone, adolescent to senior citizens!