Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: From Onions to Pearls
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on September 1, 2013
While the story of 'waking up' while serving time in prison was compelling, the metaphor-laced jargon got in the way a tad for me. The book reads very well, and the author certainly 'sounds' clear like one would expect a freshly enlightened person to sound. But then so do most of the other 'awakened' authors out there. The core message of non-duality remains the same no matter who is delivering it, and one could easily conclude that experiencing 'a dark night of the soul' is a prerequisite for awakening to the realization of who and what we really are, assuming, of course, that we really are not who and what we think we are. What about those of us 'normal' folk who have managed to stay out of hell-hole prisons, who are not on the verge of suicide, who are not unable to get out of bed for six months, who are not so crushingly desperate that our ego just crumbles from the stress and we pop out into clarity of awareness? Can we hope to get there just by reading other people's accounts? Actually, I read about six other non-dual books in quick succession after this one and almost thought I felt a slight tingle happening, but then I stepped back and dismissed it as the power of suggestion. Time to take a break and read a different perspective. Having too many articulate communicators telling me I don't really exist doesn't bolster my self-esteem. Still, what if what they are saying is true?
on July 24, 2013
This book introduces the reader to non-dualism (Advaita) and has the potential to change the direction of one's life. Amazing!
on April 24, 2013
For those of us searching for ways of living with the stresses and frustrations of life, and learning to accept them as another part of what makes life rich... this is one of modern literature's gems. I've spent countless hours learning about various religions and contemplative traditions, and Nadeen has given us the gem of those philosophies, in a wonderful read. The book is written from the perspective of one who's experienced much of the traditions that should have helped him find true inner peace. It wasn't until a major life crisis that he was "enlightened", the real truth just dawning on his soul.

Read this!
on July 4, 2012
Sorry to say this, but it is the worse book I have ever read. He says we are just puppets, we can't decide. The "Source" is deciding for us. We shouldn't be responsible for anything we do. I truly believe he is repeating old philosophies to get money from people, to make them come to Costa Rica and spend time and money in his Zen gardens. Who cares about all the people that he damaged with the drug dealing....he shouldn't be responsible for anything because he is just a puppet. Wow so deceiving!!!
on April 3, 1999
This book was in my library and I did not know how it got there but when I started to read it it was the words that made more sense to me than anything I have ever in my quest read...clear and consise and it's perfection to ears of understanding ...I GOT IT...I Got It... Thank you making it so understandable you are there and so am i...
on June 21, 1998
If you are stranded on a desert island this is the only book you will ever need. For folks who are into reading metaphysical stuff, and still feel as if they are not "getting it", read this. Based on the tenets of the Tao te Ching, the author writes in a folksy tone complete with prison slang. He is well versed in many disiciplines and admits that the rest is hooey. He has got it and I hope it is contagious, If you only read one book this summer make it this one.