Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 29, 2014
Contrary to all the mixed or negative reviews I have read I think Nine Lashes has improved their sound by expanding the electronic element. They have added a new dimension to their hard rock sound, not detracted from it. All the songs are great. The ones that really stand out to me are,"Break The World","Surrender","Love Me Now", "Cover Your Own" &"Light It Up". I defintely recommend buying this album & their previous album,"World We View."
on July 31, 2014
I was really pumped to see how this album would turn out, because I was big fans of their first two albums. So I pre-ordered it, received it, and proceeded to blast it. Unfortunately, it was a bit underwhelming for me. Most of the songs had a cliche sound to them, with a few sounding similar to a mix between Linkin Park and Skillet. Weird, I know.

It was a good attempt to sound different and break out of their shell, but I thought World We View was going in a more positive direction. I am a fan of bands like blessthefall and Underoath, so I may be a little biased, but From Water to War just seemed too overproduced for me. I would not object to them experimenting more with synth and techno sounds, but at the moment, it comes across as a bit weak. Despite this, I would recommend that you give it a listen and see what you think, because I really like the members of this band. They are really great people and deserve a bigger fan base.
on January 25, 2014
Even though it has only been two years since "World We View" was released, it still feels as if this album has been a long time coming. It has been almost three months since Nine Lashes released the single, "Break the World." Now that the entire album is released, I can profoundly say that it has been well worth the wait.

Nine Lashes was right what they said that they were going to take the intros heard from "World We View" and build on them for this album. This meant including some more electronic production thrown into the mix. So many bands have done this and it has completely changed their sound into something hardcore fans loathe (Ex: AFI, Fall Out Boy, Daughtry, Three Days Grace...).

Fortunately, the added electronic production does not take much away from Nine Lashes' "tried and true" sound. In fact, it adds some complexity and interesting twists to some of their songs. Even if the songs including some electronic production are unappealing to some, there are still songs like "Never Back Down," "Lights We Burn," "In the Dark," and "Light it Up" that have extremely minimal electronic influences to balance everything out.

Overall, this album is very well produced. The lyrics are well thought out and can appeal to a broad audience. I extremely recommend this album.
on January 24, 2014
My copy of "From Water to War" was waiting when I got home from work. I haven't stopped listening since.

This album is ten tracks of well-produced music. The harmonies are tight and clean and the music is diverse between tracks. What I mean by this is best explained with examples. "Break the World", which the band posted to their YouTube page ahead of the album release, is a solid rock track with synths woven in skillfully. "Where I Belong" feels like a club anthem with thrumming bass and old school trance synths laid over the top. "Surrender" (another track posted to the band's YouTube channel before the album release) is a down tempo ballad with far less distortion on the guitars than the majority of this album.

The synth and rock portions of this album sound, to me, very similar in style to AFI.

While this album has the variety of styles I mentioned, there is not a single track that I can call "bad." There are tracks I'm not in the mood for (Slow? Soft? No, thank you.) but even those tracks I may not be in the mood for are well put together and leave me with the impression that I will enjoy them a great deal when I'm in the mood for that flavor.

Overall, one of the most impressive sophomore albums I have purchased.
on February 29, 2016
Amazon's $5 dollar albums are a great way to discover new bands. I have not been disappointed with this purchase, and can't wait to hear more from Nine Lashes. I particularly recommend "Lights We Burn," "Never Back Down," and "Surrender" (but they're all good).
on April 30, 2014
I liked this album. I don't have anything negative to say other than that for me personally, I don't see this album having a very high replay value. Some really catchy tunes, but I think their previous album was a little more polished, for lack of better words. Definitely worth picking up if you are looking for some new tunes though.
on August 25, 2014
This is the first time I have heard of the band and the first of their albums I have bought. I LOVE IT! The positive messages in the music are a change from most groups with this sound. Who ever writes their music is very good at their job. The vocalist is very good at conveying the emotions in the songs. All I can say is: Rock on!
on January 23, 2014
Nine Lashes last album had a more aggressive sound than this album. This album is sure to produce a great deal of radio singles and as a fan I still recommend purchasing the album. I appreciate the band trying a little different sound without over-reaching but I do prefer their last album. If you purchase this album and like it then you will love their last album. Enjoy!
on June 30, 2014
This is the second CD I've downloaded by Nine Lashes. They have a great rock song. Uplifting and clean lyrics. I really like their sound. Both of their CDs will get lots of play from me. Nice to find hard rocking Christian bands!
on June 19, 2014
Came across this band on Pandora radio, within "Red" channel and I had to add another channel under this band. Continued to stumble upon their songs and had to buy the CD. If you like Red, you should like/love this band as well. Great mixture of vocals and sound overall.