Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
Used and appreciated on our trip to Maui. This book has plenty of options for the do it yourself vacationer. I appreciate all of the interesting facts that are included, things we would not have otherwise have known. While I prefer the 'Revealed' books, I can always count on Frommer's to have the facts and to steer me to some good places. The book is portable and easy to take along, includes a map that is just ok.
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Maui's a wonderful place, and Frommer's has definitely stepped up their game in the travel book department over the year. Frommer's definitely seems to skew towards the slightly more affluent travelers, and this book is no exception. Maui is expensive, but odds are you knew that going into it. There's a lot of information crammed into this book - it's easy to digest and help you visualize what's out there. The pictures are quite nice and help you think about those "postcard perfect" photos you want to take while you're there.

Like any travel books, they are always subject to a person's taste. I'd feel comfortable using this as my main planning guide to Maui but I'd always check other sources - online or another Maui book. It never hurts to use the "trust but verify" method for travel books.

The tearout map in the back is pretty worthless - what I'd do is use Lonely Planet's maps that are in PDF format from their website and print those out and mark them up. That's the only real downside to this book.

Overall as an avid traveler and someone who has reviewed a lot of travel books, the industry has stepped it up over the last few years - nice color photos and clear, concise information. And Frommer's Maui is definitely indicative of high quality guidebooks.
on May 23, 2015
Great to have.
on August 25, 2012
This is a great book. It offers a wide variety of information on things to do in Maui. It will definitely come in handy on my honeymoon!
on September 21, 2012
I bought this book because I forgot my other book at home ( Maui for Dummies) and I wasted my money. Has some good information but its not as comprehensive as the dummies book.
on June 7, 2012
I find this book very informative and easy to read.I am looking forward to plan my vacation on the Island of Maui in 2013.
I only miss the colored pictures, would recommend this book.
on January 1, 2013
Typical Frommer, and I mean it as a compliment. Had everything I needed. The pull-out map was a great help.
on December 5, 2012
WOW! What a great book to have, tells you so much about the places you want to venture into, I can't wait to go!
on May 4, 2012
This book is a great tool before & as you visit Maui. It has so much information: great maps, hotels, restuarants, activities, site seeing information, & even a daily schedule suggestion for 1st time visitors. I'm sure this will make your stay in Maui a pleasant one.
on October 8, 2011
I like this updated book, but I bought it a bit late. You should buy this before you book your vacation so you know where you'd like to stay down to the exact property. I enjoy learning about Maui From Frommers, but now that I have my place, I find all of the "places to stay" sections a waste of time.