BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 18, 2013
This comes with a pocket map, which might be the best feature. If buying this product used it is definitely worth it.

I purchased this used and I didn't feel like I lost anything by not having the 2013 edition. This book covers a wide area in and around seattle to help you get around. The descriptions are short, but not too short making this a perfect reference for a vacation.
on September 5, 2011
My husband and I went to Seattle to visit for 4 days. We only had this guide book and his smart phone, and we were able to find great things to do and places to eat the whole time. I liked that the restaurants in the book were broken up both by type and by location - Seattle has very clearly defined neighborhoods, and it was great for parking purposes, etc., to be able to pick the neighborhood/area you were going, and find out what to do or eat there. I thought the ratings were pretty spot on as well, for restaurants, hikes, and hotels. We stayed at Hotel Deca, which he rated very highly, and it really was a great hotel with good access to downtown Seattle. We did the Mt. Si hike, one the author said was strenuous but worthwhile, and he was certainly accurate on both accounts. The pocket map was GREAT, and was made from some sort of material that wasn't just paper, so it held up very well after being toted around in my purse and frequently referred to over the course of 4 days.

I found 2 weak areas: 1) he incorrectly said we would not need a parking pass at the Mt. Si parking area, and it was clearly posted all over that we needed a pass, so we had to drive all the way back into town to purchase one; 2)there was no description of the Mt. Rainier hiking. I know he can't describe everything in the state of Washington in detail, but that was just something we tried to look up, and were not helped with. I also wish it came with coupons or something for some of the places that it recommends.
on April 5, 2011
This book is exactly what I need. It is compact, yet I was able to find the hotel and restaurants I want for a pending trip. I like Frommer's travel books the best!
on September 17, 2011
great book for visiting Seattle!!! I will use this for my future visits!!! I highly recommend this item for other travelers.
on June 11, 2011
I had a day in Seattle, bought this for a guide to get around and see some sites. For the basics it is ok. Disappointed on lack of reference to the huge music scene in Seattle with world famous record stores. Possible good for the older explorer but im in my mid 30's and found it hopeless other than for the space needle.
on February 1, 2011
FROMMER'S SEATTLE is a great book about the Seattle, Washington area. It features lots of info about recreation, dining, nightlife, shopping, sightseeing, and culture, as well as interesting side trips and information for foreign travelers. The only problem with this book is that it doesn't go into detail about shopping malls and music stores. However, if you get it in conjunction with the INSIDERS' GUIDE and NEWCOMER'S HANDBOOK series, as well as several other guides, you'll have everything you need to know about Seattle at your fingertips.
VINE VOICEon April 5, 2011
After using the "search inside book option" I ordered this excellent resource which covers almost the whole area we will tour by car during our 2 1/2 week vacation. Within hours of receiving Seattle 2011, our trip plan was developed, due to the book's organization, maps and concise descriptions. One of the best features is the listing of web addresses which facilitate ordering ferry tickets and finding current exhibitions at museums, etc.