Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.45 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Frontier Co-op Cream of Tartar Powder, Kosher, Non-irradiated | 1 lb. Bulk Bag
|Variety||Kosher Cream of Tarter None-Irradiated Bulk 1 lb|
About this item
- CREAM OF TARTAR - Frontier Co-op Cream of Tartar is an indispensable ingredient in baking. This powder is often used for various culinary and household purposes. It is a leavening agent that is often combined with baking soda.
- GREAT LEAVENING AGENT - Cream of tartar is a known leavening agent that stabilizes the egg whites during the baking process. It is effective in increasing heat tolerance and slowing crystal formation in sugar syrups.
- STRONG ACIDIC TASTE - Frontier Co-op Cream of Tartar has an odorless and strong acidic taste. This product provides a distinctive, tangy flavor that stops sugar from crystalizing in baked goods.
- SOURCED FROM SPAIN - Our cream of tartar powder is cultivated in Spain using high-quality ingredients and non-irradiated techniques. This powder is 100% Kosher certified and ready-to-use.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We’re committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Frontier Co-op Cream of Tartar is an indispensable baking ingredient. This is a common leavening agent in soufflés, bread, and cakes that combines well with water and baking soda. This is a dry, powdery, and acidic wine byproduct that has many culinary uses.Cream of tartar is effective in keeping sugar from crystalizing. It blends well in Snickerdoodle cookies and prevents egg whites from stiffening if included while beating. Cream of tartar can also reduce the discoloration of boiled vegetables in cooking.Best uses: Texturizing frosting or candies, increasing volume in beaten egg whites, stabilizing whipped cream, preventing sugar syrup crystallizationFEATURES
- 1 pound bulk bag (16 ounces)
- Kosher certified, non-irradiated
- Prevents sugar syrups from crystalizing
- Stabilizes egg whites and increases their heat tolerance
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 4 x 4 x 10 inches; 1 Pounds
- Item model number : BHBUST051718A4233
- UPC : 089836023056
- Manufacturer : Frontier Co-op
- ASIN : B0001M0YK8
- Best Sellers Rank: #77,733 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- Customer Reviews:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Compare with similar items
Badia Cream of Tartar, 2 Pound (1283784)
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Cream of Tartar, 5 Ounces
Naturevibe Botanicals Cream Of Tartar, (1lbs) | Non-GMO, Gluten Free and Food Grade | Baking Agent and Household Cleaner
Frontier Cream of Tartar, 3.52 Ounce Bottle
McCormick Gourmet All Natural Cream Of Tartar, 2.62 oz
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
|Sold By||KLJ Distribution||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Naturevibe Botanicals||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I make my own baking powder, which requires only a limited amount, but I use it much more for cleaning certain items.
I collect vintage cookware. Often aluminum pots, pans, roasters and etc., have very dark interiors from cooking certain foods.
Filling the vessel with water and adding 3 or 4 Tablespoons of Cream of Tartar and boiling the liquid for 20 - 30 minutes (occasionally longer) will bring the aluminum back to the bright, silvery color it was when new.
Frontier is one of my favorite brands. I buy their bulk cinnamon, cocoa, and other herbs and spices. I have always been pleased with the quality I have received from them. The packaging is always very solid, and the product arrives very fresh and in perfect condition.
Top reviews from other countries
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.