Frontier Co-op Chamomile Flowers, German Whole, Certified Organic, Kosher, Non-irradiated | 1 lb. Bulk Bag | Sustainably Grown | Matricaria recutita L.
- ORGANIC CHAMOMILE FLOWERS - Frontier Co-op German Chamomile Flowers (Matricuria recutita) are 100% organically grown and harvested. They are a common ingredient in wellness teas, and they are widely used for their tart, apple-like flavor.
- VERSATILE INGREDIENT - This flavorful and gentle product accents the flavor and aroma of many blended drinks, prepared desserts, and more. Add some to a latte, or blend some into a smoothie. It is a versatile herb that’s also used in shampoos, conditioners, lotions, bath blends and other skincare products.
- ROBUST, FRUITY TASTE - Organic German chamomile flowers provide a crisp, apple-like flavor when properly crushed. German chamomile is prized for its fruity, floral and slightly bitter taste that is most prevalent when mixed into teas.
- SUSTAINABLY GROWN IN CROATIA - Our high-quality, organic German chamomile is carefully harvested in Croatia. The cultivators harvest the flowers when they're fully open to achieve premium results. The flowers are cut during dry periods to protect and preserve them from producing mold as they dry out. These flowers are non-irradiated and kosher certified.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural-living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
More to consider from our brands
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Dried whole chamomile flowers are known for their powerful apple-like taste and relaxing properties, which is why they are commonly used for many teas. They blend well with smoothies, lattes, cookies, and other sweet treats. Chamomile flowers are also often used in shampoos, conditioners, lotions, bath blends, and other skincare products because of their amazing aroma.
Best uses: Teas, lattes, smoothies, cookies, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, bath blends, skincare products
- 1 pound bulk bag (16 ounces)
- Organic certified, kosher certified, non-irradiated
- Sustainably grown in Croatia
- Deliver a fruity, apple-like taste to many foods and desserts
- Botanical name: Matricaria recutita L.
Size: 16 Ounce (Pack of 1)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
Organic chamomile flowers
To prepare as a tea, pour 8 oz. boiling water over 1-2 teaspoons of herb. Cover and steep for 5-10 minutes, strain and serve immediately.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- I've sinus disease for 3 years and every winter season it gets worst + I have allergies, I've tried many medications and menthol therapies. However, due to it's bacterial condition it didn't get well. While I was looking for another cure, I've noticed that Chamomile can also be used for Sinus therapy. I visited many local spice shops in Houston, unfortunately none of them had Chamomile. I just searched it on amazon and decided to give a chance to this product. It's been 2 weeks after the product has arrived, so I wanted to share my experience to be able to help those who suffers sinus infection as I did.
- Delivery was on the time, and packaging was fine. I impressed by it's smell, it smells really soft and pure. First, I decided to make a cup of tea, it's taste was fresh and delicious. Then, I prepared 1 liter boiled water and added 3 tablespoon Chamomile. Basically I covered my head with a towel and made nasal breathing for 5 minutes. I repeated this process for 3 days and my sinus pressure was gone and I was way comfortable with nasal breathing than before.
Finally, I'm happy with this product but I didn't write this review because of any financial benefits just like the way Facebook feedback groups do.
I hope anyone would find my review helpful, thanks.
The package came promptly and was a large amount (1 lb). I immediately opened the bag and was a little disappointed at the smell. It was not necessary bad nor musky, but was not the pleasant aroma I'm used to from the myriad other chamomile teas (loose and bagged) that I've tried. This made me a little nervous, but as I'd already opened it I figured I should give it a try.
I am very familiar with how to brew herbal teas so I brewed it accordingly and tasted the tea. It was nasty. There was a bitter taste and an off after taste. I added some honey to make it a little more palatable and that helped.
The next day I tried again and made another batch of tea. This was to make sure I was giving Frontier a far chance. This batch made me horribly sick to my stomach! I do NOT recommend this tea.
In addition to the adverse drink-ability of the tea, the bag was filled with the flowers and long portions of their stems. The addition of the stems with the flowers makes me think this is a low quality batch of tea. Every other chamomile tea I have ever purchased has been exclusively flowers with no stems.
I have now wasted money on this tea and do no encourage you to do the same! Stay away!!
I won't be ordering this again.
Top international reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.