This installment of the popular Dummies series is exactly what you'd expect: a valuable, informative book for absolute beginners that explains all aspects of Web publishing with Microsoft FrontPage software. Getting started, polishing a project, and mastering more advanced concepts and techniques are all covered in the Dummies style, which assumes the reader knows next to nothing but still manages not to be condescending. Individual chapter topics include tables, forms, image maps, graphics, and Web-based discussion.
If you're new to Web design, new to FrontPage, and don't know quite how or where to start, grab FrontPage for Dummies, tear out that cheat sheet, stick it to your wall (don't be shy) and get started.
From the Back Cover
Highly acclaimed by industry experts and users alike, Microsoft FrontPage 97 lets you create professional Web sites without knowing HTML. With FrontPage Web Publishing & Design For Dummies®
, you're ready to publish a sophisticated Web site today! This fun and friendly reference demystifies the powerful features of FrontPage while sharing the pros' Web design secrets. Whether you're building a business site on a corporate intranet or creating a personal home page, turn to this book for down-to-earth, real-world help.
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Use FrontPage to create beautiful and useful Web pages right away
- Convert Microsoft Word documents, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and other popular file formats into Web pages
- Take advantage of Web publishing effects, such as tables, frames, forms, and multimedia
- Understand the fundamentals of Web design to ensure a successful Web presence
- Save time and add interactive features to your site with FrontPage WebBots
- Keep your site-building team on track with the help of the FrontPage To Do List and other group features
- Visit sites on the Web for free software and more information about FrontPage and Web publishing
- Plus, Asha's Top Ten Lists that introduce you to useful Internet shareware tools, hot Web resources, and more