BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on April 2, 2013
The adhesive on the back failed within a week. I'm not impressed to say the least. It would probably work better in a different installation but for something that is labeled weatherstripping it did not deal well with cold air on one side and warm air on the other. The surface was cleaned before applying the strip but it did not hold.
on February 11, 2014
I am renting an old house while at college and a lot of the doors have cracks in them or areas where air gets through. I got this for our mud room which drops down to 40ish degrees and it stopped the air flow from there which works very nicely. Also stripped the front door which also works well.

The adhesive works well and stayed on the frame when it was colder. The only complaint would be when it was rolled up a lot it actually got bent so there are creases in the stripping which allows some airflow through it. Overall it works well.
on May 14, 2017
the only reason for taking off 1 star is the price is insane for what little quantity you get. I split the seal in 2 parts and used it around the door on my trailer where the seal was a useless piece of foam. This worked great but just made it around the whole door and i had to purchase another roll to do the inside seal. Thats pretty expensive if you ask me for a trailer door seal. It does seem to be working well so far and seems like it will actually seal something
on May 23, 2017
Made a nice airtight seal for the door of my guitar cabinet. I actually cut it down the middle and used scissors to make 90's in the corners with mixed results. Adhesive worked well and has held up for a couple of months now. Rubber is nice and soft but doesn't stick to the door and pull the adhesive loose. While it flattened a little (which was good for the hinges and I was expecting), it hasn't lost it's bounce so far.
VINE VOICEon March 6, 2013
So far, this product is working great. I used the weather-stripping as a single piece, instead of separating the roll in half, laid down to protect the very end of the carpeting in front of the doorsill after removing an old and broken larger piece of metal weather stripping. It should be noted that the installation of this weather-stripping is a super-easy job, which I completed myself, and I'm no handyman.

I will update this review if anything changes.
on March 19, 2013
This is some heavy duty weather strip. Replaced some 5+yr old foam strip that had mostly come off the garage door. This is definitely a lot more durable and I'm sure it'll last longer, although I did have some issues with it sticking on one side. You need to make sure the frame you're applying it to is COMPLETELY clean. Any residue left on it, rough wood, etc, will prevent this from sticking so well. I had to scrape mine thoroughly with a razor to get all the foam adhesive/residue off first.

The only issue I have with this is it doesn't compress as well as I'd like. It's obviously meant to fill larger gaps, they probably could've had the same effect with thinner rubber and a larger center hole, which would've let this compress more. The largest part of my gap is on the side where my door handle is, in fact it's so large at one point that I can still feel a slight chill breeze through an air gap between this and my door probably 1/16th an inch big. However, this compresses so poorly that I can barely shut and latch my door on that side. I have electric locks that used to be able to lock themselves, just as if i shut the door i can with one hand lock the door. With this I have to pull/push with a fair amount of my body weight - just to get the latch to engage. The top of the door I went with some foam weather strip because it compresses down to nothing and works almost as well (tried this initially and did not work well).

To be honest this was a quick fix for a large issue we had in the middle of the winter with one of our doors. This spring I intend to rip off the door jam piece of wood (looks like the doors been busted in before, I couldn't get that piece of wood off without breaking - which is why I went this route) and cut a new piece of wood thats straight and fits up against the door a lot more snugly. Will probably still apply some foam strip after that, but it probably wont be necessary if it fits well. To be honest if you have a large enough gap you're considering this or the thicker version - you might want to consider fixing the door frame/jam to make it more snug against your door to begin with.

Another decent use for this is windows. The latching problem isn't as bad on a window I've found. I have fairly new windows a few had their stock weather seal on the bottom coming off. This worked great in the center channel on the bottom and really helped seal them up well. I might consider purchasing more of these to replace on all of my windows.
on May 8, 2017
Good product. Some applications require an application of an adhesive other than the integral double stick layer. Three required words!
on April 21, 2014
This is good quality weathersripping. It adheres well, forms a good seal and functions as it should at preventing air infiltration and at insulating. What else to say about weatherstripping? Good purchase.
on June 28, 2017
Nice idea, but does not stick well
on November 11, 2013
I bought this product to seal a door that leads out to an unheated garage. I purchased a double draft door seal for the bottom of the door which worked very well for the large crack in the bottom, but the cracks along the top and sides of the door were still letting in cold air. We are renting this apartment so we can't do anything permanent. I purchased this figuring I would give it a shot, if it didn't work I would just chalk it up as a lost cause.

So far so good! It was very easy to apply. I followed the simple instructions on the back of the package, but really I could have figured it out without them. I used the whole package to cover the sides and top of the door (it states on the package it will work to seal one standard door so this was to be expected). It certainly works well for the price I paid and I was happy with how easy it was to put on. It has been a week and nothing has come unstuck yet. There is a little "10 year guarantee" label on the package, but even if it just lasted a year I would be happy. We use this door a lot, it is how we come in and out of the house multiple times a day, so I think it may last longer on a door that doesn't get as much use. However, I am glad I purchased this. I am planning on purchasing another pack for a couple of windows that seem a little leaky.