Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 5, 2017
Revised my 2 star to 4. The 3d version does work. The player started prior to my 7.2 home theater receiver. Once I Reload the disc after everything was on all worked as expected.
on December 15, 2017
What can you say that hasn't been said my 2 1/2 year old daughter is all about anna and elsa .loves olaf and knows all the words.
Having it in our amazon prime account is so convenient it available on all our devices that support amazon (which is most) .
on April 19, 2014
This is one of the best (if not the best) Disney movie I have seen since I was a child when Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella were the norm. The music is phenomenal! The character development was great and the animation is superb. I must also say that I very rarely like movies of any sort that are based on books since the movies tend to be so one-dimensional but this movie (based on Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen) is one of the few exceptions. It is a fantastic movie for both children and adults!
on May 15, 2014
I haven't gotten through all the extras yet. I am not really down with all the hype that it is the greatest thing ever, but it is solid movie.

If you've managed to avoid the hype (lucky you), you'll probably think higher of it. It's totally relatable, sisters, siblings, outsiders.

It's a little simple and not all the songs are winners, but I don't regret a second. It's a good package and a little less than usual Disney price, oh yea, no 3D. OH well, I don't have a 3D tv at this point, anyways.

Even for people I've shown who don't like it, the reaction - priceless!

There's other criticisms about this movie that just make me want to roll my eyes.

The DVD music videos are kind of weak, so not as fun, if your friend doesn't have a blu ray player. As some people have mentioned there's some other features that would have been better, missing, etc.

Yea, if you're a fan of Idina Menzel, or Kirsten Bell, you should definitely get this. Although again, that would lead to some additional disappointment with the extras.

Although yea, current word, get yourself a region free European release version, for 3D.

For Frozen fanatics who want a real collector's keepsake, prepare to get freezer burn multiple times (and/or look to other markets). I wondered why the discount before release on such a popular product and well you get what you pay for.

If you haven't seen it and can get a deal and realize if you get hooked, you'll need something else later, this is still nice.
on March 2, 2014
Disney has been on a roll lately. Their Tinkerbell movies, Sofia the first, and now Frozen I consider some of the best and most refreshing to watch with kids. This is without including even the always excellent Pixar movies. Good lessons, meaningful character development, great attention to detail. John Lasseter undoubtedly is one of the reasons for this move towards such high quality movies that make you feel good. I respect his vision.

To speak of Frozen, you can't help but feel the emotions of Elsa and Anna in your own heart, you share their pain and loss and fear. You share their joy and love. This is the true love found in families (and those you consider family) where you are willing to sacrifice even your life for the sake of those you love.

I enjoyed for once a princess movie where the girls don't just fall in love immediately and "live happily ever after". Reality could not be farther from the truth and it is nice to finally see a movie (esp a disney princess one) acknowledge that.

I enjoyed a movie where the princess is not generically saved by the handsome prince.

I enjoyed a movie where the music and songs flowed together well with the plot and movie. I especially like the use of duets between Elsa and Anna.

I enjoyed Olaf. Even though he was a goofball, you couldn't help but like him.

I enjoyed seeing what I believe is the first left-handed princess. I realized this when Anna threw the snowball at the marshmallow snowman.

It is disappointing that Elsa is the most popular among girls when Anna showed all the true princess traits such as perseverance, love, determination, bravery, etc... Elsa can make cool ice and snow things though...

I really enjoyed seeing this explode on youtube like no other movie I can recall. Every song can be found in almost every single language. Each is beautiful to listen to and a refreshing example of how global our world is now.

---------------

Overall a wonderful movie. I know that bootleg copies are likely already circulating the internet and dark subways, but please buy at least one copy to show Disney that we really desire more content like this.
on April 17, 2014
There is a reason this movie won so many awards. It's fantastic!
Yes, I am a children's movie enthusiast, but aside from that, it's got entertainment value for the entire family. Little ones will be head over heals for the characters while the "bad guys" aren't scary to overwhelm their imaginations. They are charming in their caricature in a way that makes you want to imitate them over and over again. The older you get the more you appreciate the dynamic characters of this tale. They are all so endearing. Even as an adult I love the characters and themes. And the humor is multifaceted too. The older you get the more you appreciate the subtlety and nuances of the humor.
The story-line is captivating and touching. It focuses particularly on familial relationships which is a wonderful change from the standard Disney princess love story.
The music is brilliant! I haven't tired of listening to it over and over again. And each time I notice something new. Weather it's the minute instrumental accompaniment, the accompanying harmony, or the fantastic beat and rhythm.
The lyrics are phenomenal. I can listen to the soundtrack over and over again. I laugh, cry, and bounce to the beat anew each time I hear the songs.
And the artwork is magnificent! That, combined with the animation, Disney has really lived of to their magical standards with this movie. My only point of contention is that when Elsa "lets go" they give her a decidedly sexual image. Other than that, I love, love, love it! I saw this in theaters 3 times and pre-ordered it!
I'd recommend this movie to anyone looking for a family movie or just some plain, wholesome entertainment.
on April 13, 2014
I am so glad that I paid attention to the number of five-star reviews for this movie. This is one of Disney's best in years. (If you loved Tangled, you'll love Frozen.) One wonders WHY Disney chose to promote this with that incredibly stupid trailer of the snowman and reindeer on the ice - which, by the way, DOES NOT EVEN APPEAR IN THE MOVIE! Yes, folks, the trailer is a completely made-up scene that is not in the movie at all (thank goodness). Clearly someone didn't believe in what they had, which is a magical, visually stunning work.

Of course, perhaps part of the reason is that this is not simply a kiddie Disney cartoon. (But, hey, we're adults and we love the Tinkerbell series too...) There are no kid-singable songs in this film - in fact it opens with a chorale arrangement which is so NOT Disney (in a very good way). Many of the songs are complicated duets.

The story has been explained in many other reviews, so I won't bother re-describing it here. It's simple and sweet with a not-obvious ending. The visuals are among Disney's best ever. It's rather amusing to watch trailers for re-issues of Sleeping Beauty, and compare what could be done with animation then and now!

Frozen is a movie that anyone of any age can enjoy - so ignore the trailer and prepare for a sensory feast!
on March 8, 2014
Offers pretty much anything you could want in a kids movie -per my headline - and i have to give Disney a lot of credit for a smart plot that doesn't rely on the usual fairy tale cliches. The soundtrack is fantastic. Be warned - once your kids see this, they will be wanting to watch it again and again and they will be looking for the music video for "Let it go" (title theme) by Idina Menzel on youtube. As a result, you will not be able to get the song out of your head. But it's not nearly as annoying as the title theme to Dora the Explorer, for instance.
The only gripe I have - and this is very minor - is that just like in almost every other Disney movie, the parents get killed off. It's very brief and almost incidental to the plot. This is not a spoiler... it happens in the first 5 minutes and sets up why the sisters are left to their own devices, but I wish that Disney could have sent them on a long vacation instead. If I were to count all the Disney movies that have dead or missing parents in them, it would be the vast majority. I don't think it's necessary to support the plot line or drama of the film, and kids don't need to be dealing with that for entertainment purposes. But.. in this movie, it doesn't take away from the plot a whole lot - so don't hesitate, go out and buy this film! The girl power themes and funny scenes make it worth watching again and again for the parents too.
on July 15, 2015
I thought it was pretty, computer rendering lent itself well to the ice crystals. I thought the plot was a bit light and I rather felt like aspects of the movie were crammed in to broaden the audience base (Olaf) without any real consideration for plot. I'm sorry. I gave it 4 stars to be nice, because there are so many kids that just LOVE this film. But, truthfully, I think it is a very high production quality movie made by committee using focus groups and executive feed back and not art. Very much not art. And the lack of artistic license greatly reduced my enjoyment of the movie.
on March 18, 2017
Shipped promptly. My 2 and a half old LOVES this movie. We had to buy the music CD as well so she can dance to it. She yells "my favorite, my favorite" whenever "Let It Go" plays. Enough humor to keep the adults entertained and great movie for little girls.