Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Train Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 25, 2013
We honestly enjoy watching these documentaries several times a year; they continue to delight each time. We often will pull out a short episode to watch with friends while we are cooking dinner, or for their children to watch while we are chatting. there are a couple of episodes over the entire series that are a bit difficult for very young children, so we make sure to either not use ones with an animal dying, or ensure a parent or an older child is there to answer questions. Overall, the BBC films set a very high benchmark for the quality of the narrative, the filming, and the overall editing. They are extremely good value for money, and the they appeal to virtually everyone.
on March 7, 2014
I initially purchased two digital episodes from Amazon and accidentally showed it to my 2 year old son and he absolutely loved it and keep asking me to show him again. We then watched those two episodes repeated for a few weeks but he never seemed to be bored. He even learned to recognize the killer whales, bears, seals etc from the show. So I ended up buying the whole series of the show and we again watched it together many times now. And surprisingly, he still loves it as much every time we watch. The HD graphics of this show is just amazing. I especially love those up close shots of the killer whales. You have to watch this to know why so many people like this one so much, including my 2 years old boy.
on November 23, 2017
Spectacular and inspiring. In my opinion, this David Attenborough narrated masterpiece is the best of the BBC "Planet" series. The amazing photography is brought alive with each programs' "Freeze Frame" follow-up, where they take you behind the scenes with the camera team.
on October 31, 2014
This is my first experience with any of BBC's planet series. Halfway through, and I already know that I look forward for more to come... The simple effects are amazing, the shots are amazing, the locations are crazy! The cameramen are crazy, and nature is crazy!

I'm more of a science / history documentary geek than my wife, and it's held my wife's attention, and it's informed us on some of those animals you or I will never get to see in the wild. From watching whale hunts, to seeing Polar Bears fight, to seeing the ugly elephant seals claim their harem, to watching millions of penguins gather - it's worth it.

It might make even those of us who could care a little less about animals and science even perk our ears up and say, "It's amazing that they fly from the north to the south pole," or "Wow those are smart!" Good stuff
on February 8, 2017
Amazing how the photographers were able to film this program. Loved it
on June 29, 2017
very happy, looking forward to my next purchase.
on March 22, 2017
This was a gift but recipient liked it.
on August 9, 2017
Another marvelous BBC nature documentary.
on May 1, 2017
Great product and service love it
on December 6, 2015
As one should expect from a BBC production and Sir David Attenborough. Marvelous! glorious cinematography, music and narration. We love to watch these programs repeatedly. The kids love them all as well, the DVD's keep the kids glued to the TV for hours and they always like to re-watch them. AS a result, the kids also love to go to the Smithsonian museums to learn more about all the wonderful creatures in the BBC's wildlife documentaries