Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16,982 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,752 reviews
on September 5, 2016
Who doesn't love Disney movies? Disney didn't disappoint again. We absolutely loved this movie! We ordered it and were able to watch it over and over again. Perfect for rainy day when we couldn't go outside. This is a story about two sisters, Anna and Elsa. Elsa is "frozen" a girl who has ability or curse (as she sees it in the beginning) to freeze stuff. In the beginning Anna and Elsa are playing as sisters do, until Elsa accidentally uses her power. Their parents separate them in order to protect both of them from each other. And Anna's memories are erased so she wont remember Elsa's ability. They grow old. Anna is always wondering why Elsa doesn't want to play or spend time with her not knowing what had happened. Time comes for the town to name Elsa as the ruler of the town. Anna pushes Elsa to the edge by asking about the past and Elsa uses her ability and exposes herself. She runs away. Anna follows her. Elsa again uses power on Anna. Anna returns home. Long story short... In the end Elsa and Anna live together. :)
on July 11, 2017
Disney's Frozen plays subtly upon assumptions, stimulating reconsideration of what obstacles there may be to true love--and even whether there oughtn't be a few for young people to start with after all ! It might do to bundle those aforementioned assumptions under the label "Pride And Prejudice-esque" : sister dynamics in one corner, brother dynamics in the other, no real parents in either, yet the imbroglios of Elizabeth and D'Arcy more attributable ( or at least attributed ) to the mutual miscomprehension of "classes" than to these lovers' personal, pre-romantic, familial histories. Comparable to Elizabeth Bennett in being the younger and less ostentatiously gifted of upper-class sisters, daughters of parents distant and then untimely deceased, is Frozen's Princess Anna. Anna falls in love almost instantly with the ( Spoiler alert ! ) cad-monster, Hans, far harder-driven even than Wicked Wickham by fraternal jealousy and legacy-lust. ( Cf. "With twelve older brothers..." ) In part to shed clarifying-contrastive light on both Anna's and Kristoff's backgrounds, Frozen has the ( adoptive ) family of Anna's real-true-love-to-be, Kristoff, be a clan of trolls very liable to overwhelm their mild nordic orphan-friends like a flash-mob Big Troll Wedding, a tidal wave of cheeky Family Wholeness that is everything unfamiliar to Anna at least. So might we wish to fall, en famille Grecque, upon Elizabeth Bennett, whisking her past pride and past prejudice to a perfect if premature Happy Ending. But Frozen implies that one should heal psychic faults at their pre-romantic, familial origins rather than, still ignorant of the sources of one's inclinations, seeking a panacea in romance however authentic.

The Trolls, Kristoff had warned Anna, are consummate "love experts"--but why then does Frozen have the stricken Anna faint rather than rally at the climax of The Trolls' big number about love ? Until then, under a shock-wedding gazebo, together with Hans before The Priest-Troll, Anna attends politely to their advice. As Anna's reserved looks and Kristoff's impatient expostulations meanwhile suggest, however, The Trolls' advice, if sound in itself, is nonethless directed to Hans and Anna in error. Anna is neither a snob nor a prude nor a slanderer's fool who needs prodding towards her "fixer-upper." Nor is she well-advised to be, as The Trolls imply she should, *less* critical. How perilously "spontaneous" Anna has already been in romantic matters ! And how ingeniously dark the parallel ironies of Anna's duet with Hans will prove to be : Hans has indeed been trawling for just such an "open [ reread : carelessly unlocked ] door" ! The Trolls are wrong furthermore to imagine that, Our Heroine rid of Hans and open to advances on Kristoff's part ( and to quote the French version ), "tout sera reglé !" The Trolls have been rushing Anna towards Kristoff, even just a kiss from whom will come only in the film's denouement, and ignoring her real and serious illness, which Kristoff can't help with yet. Finally, reflecting upon the rather odd fact that the "true love's kiss" they prescribed to Anna comes at last not from any man nor involves "true love" of the kind that phrase itself inevitably connotes, we should take The Trolls to task--and maybe ourselves--for conceiving Anna's challenge amidst a fog of assumptions--be they ethnic, "neo-Austenean," both, or something else.

Olaf, the hilarious snowman first brought to life by Elsa in childhood and, later, brought back to life by Elsa in the midst of renewing her stolen identity, leaves far less to be desired as sidekick-advisor than The Trolls. Recall that Elsa created Olaf at her little sister's ( at Anna's ) musical appeal : "Do you want to build a snowman ?" Insofar as Elsa thus created Olaf not only *for* Anna and at Anna's request yet hardly "with" her, Olaf is a proxy for older-to-younger sororal attention never directly forthcoming from Elsa. At the same time as he is a kind of ambassador of deflected sister-love, however, Olaf is--of course, but note it--a snow*man* or -boy at least. Olaf in fact provides gentle yet not-undemonstrative opposite-sex affection with his very first breath : "My name is Olaf, [ I'm a male snowman, by the way, ] and I like warm hugs !" Unsupervised at this juncture and momentarily uninhibited, Elsa does get carried away by her powers just as--let's give them their parental praise-due as well as criticism--The King and Queen of Arandel strove to prevent. Elsa accidentally injures Anna, The King and Queen are horrified, Elsa descends into an inner deep-freeze that isolates her above all from her sister, and Olaf disappears for over a decade. Correlatively, soon after he is *re*created on a mountainside by Elsa Revitalised, he meets with Anna searching for Elsa : "Did Elsa create you ?" "Yes." "Do you know where Elsa is ?" "Yes." He finds the hidden staircase to her castle for Anna and Kristoff and helps them get inside past another--but this one's Angry--snowman-proxy of Elsa's creation. It is he, not Kristoff, who rescues Anna at the brink of death by explaining love to her and by his readiness to "melt for her" in loving self-sacrifice. Though Olaf cannot himself be Anna's true love in the inevitable romantic sense of the phrase, he is the key to the meaning of Frozen in being thus the bridge ( sometimes almost comic-literally ! ) between Anna's and Elsa's hearts, between lost childhood memories and readiness for Adult Love. Minus a few pretty pointless physical danger spectacle-scenes and just a forgiveable touch of girl-power corniness, a beautiful, brilliant, and surprisingly reflective creation from Disney.
on January 5, 2017
I like the movie. I like watching it from beginning to end without distracting myself from the movie because I can find no good reason to, except a restroom break. However, there are somethings about the movie that I and others do consider goofs. Despite these goofs, perhaps the animators were extremely tired and ran out of coffee or something, but when the two characters fall over 90 feet down and they tied rope around there waists after they hit the bottom you notice the rope magically disappears. If this film was more like movie "The Secret Life of Pets" that would be OK though. When the animators, producers, cast, and and everyone else sing about how they eventually reveal how they created the movie "Frozen" they end with a surprising (and perhaps a little funny) answer.
on June 30, 2015
My young daughters love it, of course. I also think it's an improvement over previous Disney storylines in that it highlights sibling love rather than romantic love and the hero is a female character. The kids love Elsa and her magic the best, and I hope in the inevitable sequels Disney makes Else into a sort of female superhero role model--I'd like to see her be a better character now that all the young kids (especially young girls) love her and want to be her.

Having said that, Disney could do better in many ways, especially in the way it draws female characters. The scene where Elsa changes her clothes and model-walks out the door is ridiculous, gratuitous, and offensive. And the movie didn't need the romantic love at the end.

There is also some subtle irony and humor that I appreciated as an adult. The movie is deep enough to sustain reflection and conversation. The musical scenes were only so-so; not up to the Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast musical standard.
on January 3, 2017
For better or for worse we've watched this movie a zillion times. My daughter loves it and even years since we first saw it in the theater it remains her all time favorite. We both love the music. She loves the princesses. i love that the main characters are strong women. The only scary part is when the large snow monster chases them, and even that is pretty tame. What is harder for a 4yo to grasp is a bad guy that seems like a good guy at first (Hans). She struggled with understanding his role in the story - and ultimately it helped us talk about "tricky people" (the updated version of "stranger danger") and how you can't judge people on a brief interaction. So that in itself is invaluable.
on March 18, 2016
I am giving this movie five stars for my kids who adore it, the artistry, the characters and the music........ Now for the plot, me personally... I don't understand what Elsa's big problem is. Locking her away because she can freeze stuff and can't control it, was wrong and a waste of her power. It just shows the lack of faith King Agnarr and Queen Iduna had in their own Kingdom. Instead of giving the people of Arendelle a reason to become scientific innovators and invent ways to stabilize Elsa's powers and possibly even ways to harness her own power and become a resource to her own Kingdom of Arendelle! So I would have made different choices, but i'll let it go.
on March 2, 2017
My daughter loves Frozen. Getting this for her meant that she could sing for hours with the sing along disc and we can take it in the car with us. What I love most is that it's about two sisters. Although there is a love story, it's important for little girls to have something else to refer to in Disney movies. The sister plot just reminds me of my younger siblings and I. The bond between sisters are a beautiful experience to share.
on September 17, 2016
My daughters can't get enough of this movie. We've watched the DVD so many times that it won't even play anymore!!

I dream about the catchy and addicting songs in this movie because my daughters run around the house singing it so often.

My husband and I decided to purchase this on Amazon so my children could watch it on a smart device anywhere we go as it never fails to hold their attention!! Doesn't matter how many times they've seen it, or what's going on around them, they'll stop whatever they're doing to watch it!! Mommy loves any movie that can hold their attention that way, I've even caught my sons singing along more than one time (including my teenage son!!)

Great family movie and loved by all age groups in my household. Highly recommended for family movie night even if you've already seen it 200+ times!!
I really must admit that I wasn't sure what to make of Frozen in the months leading up to its release. That first trailer, while funny, told us nothing of the story. And just what was it going to be about? After it opened, I started hearing good things about it, but still I hesitated. I was stupid.

The movie tells the story of two sisters who happen to be princesses. Elsa is the older sister, and she has a power - she can create snow and ice all on her own. When playing one day, she accidentally injures her younger sister Anna. From that day forward, she hides from her sister and tries to learn to control her gift.

Things really pick up on Elsa's (voiced by Idina Menzel) coronation day. For the first time in years, the palace will be opened, and Anna (Kristen Bell) is thrilled to actually get to spend time with people. But then Elsa's secret gets out, and she flees. Anna sets out after her, but can she find her sister in the frozen world that has been created? And will Elsa be willing and able to reverse the winter wonderland she's created?

This movie is a bit different from your ordinary Disney movie. While yes, there is a villain, the main conflict comes from the sisters, how they view the world, and how Elsa's gift affects them. I realized this when the villain's comeuppance wasn't really the climax of the piece. But I think that actually worked well for the movie. I certainly am not complaining.

The film is so much fun. I was laughing within the first few minutes but then I was feeling emotion just a couple of minutes later. That continued for the entire course of the film, and it's easy to see why audiences are so drawn to this film. It is storytelling at its best.

And that comes from the characters. Elsa and Anna are both very real, and that makes the story that much more alive. The rest of the characters are good as well, with Olaf the Snowman completely stealing the show. Again, it's because of the characters you care about the outcome and are feeling the joy and sorrow of the piece.

The voice actors are outstanding. They never miss a beat going from comedy to drama flawlessly. You forget they are there and focus completely on the story and the characters they are bringing to life.

I can't leave out the songs. Like the movie itself, they range from the purely comic to the heartfelt character building and will leave you humming as you go out the theater. All of the cast sings their own songs. Kristen Bell is not known for her singing voice, but she should be. Considering she has duets with Broadway powerhouse Idina Menzel and more than holds her own, she needs more chances to shine.

The animation is stunning. The winter landscape created for the movie is beautiful to look at - you can almost feel the cold creeping off the screen as you watch. The ice castle is amazing to behold.

I don't necessarily go to the movies looking for the themes - I mainly go to be entertained. And yet there are some great themes to this film as well. Since they come out of the plot and struggle the characters grow through, I don't want to give anything away. Just keep yours eyes opened and you'll pick up on them by the end.

Finally, I have to mention the Mickey Mouse short that starts things out. It's a mash up of old and new animation. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I got quite a kick out of it by the end. Plus I loved to see Mickey's old pals Horace and Clarabelle being used in it.

While I blamed a busy six weeks on not having seen Frozen sooner, I should have tried harder. This movie is charming and funny with some great themes. I can't recommend it highly enough.
on February 9, 2017
Coming on strong on the heels of The Princess and The Frog and Tangled, Frozen is Disney prodding at the edges of their established tried and true formula. In a run of films that established the return of Disney to their heyday in the 90s, Frozen is great film with a few weakness, most notably their musical numbers outside of Let It Go.

The visuals are amazing, and the film is watching for those alone. The plot is pretty strong, too with a few holes in it; most notably the set up, where the trolls warn the parents to train Elsa and not to scare her... and then her parents proceed to terrify Elsa and stop her from using her powers ever again.