Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 30, 2014
This was one of those films that caught me a little off guard. For months I had heard some minor plot lines from friends and family and then when I finally got around to viewing it, I found myself taken off guard. It didn't seem as though it was the same movie they had seen. I'm not saying that in a bad way, it was just like drinking orange juice while thinking about milk and confusing your mind and taste buds...

Overall, I found the plot refreshing. The idea of magical "wintering" powers was fun - I often wondered if this was the cause behind the my personal non-stop winter wonderland.

The one thing I love about Disney/Pixar movies is the subtly injected "adult humor". It keeps us entertained in the background as the kids are enjoying talking snowmen.

I give this 4 stars because I felt like the plot was a little jerky. Granted, it flowed pretty well and it resolved the major issues, but there were many times where I'd wonder why they chose a certain point in the movie to talk about something versus a different point in the movie. There were some places where answers came too soon or not soon enough. Granted, this is a kids movie and for the most part they probably don't care, but I still think it's important from a writing/entertainment perspective. It was a bit like plot whiplash with no explanation at certain points.

I still highly recommend this as a fun family movie for any time of the year! Though maybe wait until the summer to watch this if you don't want to be completely annoyed by versions of "Let It Go" on the radio right now.
1 helpful vote
on April 25, 2017
I was majorly disappointed that Disney did not offer this totally awesome movie in 3-D in the US and I was sceptical about buying from out of the country. But I took the chance and I bought this 3D UK version.

I took a couple of tries to get my 4K DVD player's glasses to work (I was panicking that the disc was defective) but I finally got them to work. WOW...my wife and I were blown away! The 3D version turned out to be awesome and I could find no issues with the movie. I so loved it and I totally loved the UK version.
on April 7, 2014
We had seen the film in theaters so we knew what we getting in terms of the film. Although my daughter couldn't wait to see the movie again, what we were all really hoping to see was more behind-the-scenes and interviews, which the combo falls a bit flat on. A few deleted scenes, music videos (all previously officially released online anyway), a cute "making of" musical number, the "Get a Horse" short shown in theaters, and a brief history of sorts (this last one being the most interesting yet sadly underdeveloped). To be fair, there's also audio commentary we have yet to check out.

With all the hoorah of this film we just expected more bang for the Blu-ray buck here. It was a smash hit, why not put a bit more substance into the home release? They were going to recoup any expenses, safe to say. There is a huge array of b-roll (recording studio) footage on youtube, it would have been fabulous to see stuff like that here.

All that said, great film, and what "BONUS EXTRAS" (what a silly term they slapped on the box!) they did include are worth watching.
on May 28, 2014
Great movie, fantastic music. Funny and oh-so memorable. We all know this movie. It's great. Cant stop singing the songs even in public. I'm a 6'3 245 lb stay at home dad btw. Not allowed back at the Y for pick up basket ball games anymore until I can control my spontaneous renditions of Olaf's "Summer" song :-/ Here's a fun thing I noticed after watching this movie too many times:

(2 year old son pulls Daughter's hair)

Daughter screams

I say: Let it go!

He does it again

I say Let it go!

He pulls her hair again:

CAAAN'T HOLD ME BACK ANYYYYYMOOOOORE!!!!! fly's out of my mouth without hesitation... I was in the bank at the time.

This movie is fantastic but unfortunately, like all great things, played out.
Delivery was on time and in perfect condition.
One huge minus. You expect some sort of behind the scenes look when paying for the "platinum edition" or whatever this is. The extras are surprisingly empty and unsatisfying. Like eating rice-cakes.
on March 5, 2017
This product was most definitely not "New Factory sealed in the box". You could tell the package had been opened. The case is mangled. We'll see if it works correctly through the entire movie.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on December 26, 2014
My 2-1/2 year old grand-daughter, like all children lately, is obsessed with this movie. The first couple of times I watched it, I thought it was adorable -- nice storyline, cute characters (my favorite is Olaf the snowman -- he has the best lines in the movie!) Twenty viewings later, however, and I'm pretty over it. It will take the Jaws of Life to pry that "Let It Go" song out of my head. If you enjoy Disney films and haven't seen it, I believe you will thoroughly enjoy the movie, just be aware that some of the music is addictively catchy to kids and unsuspecting adults.
on April 16, 2014
Truth be told, I think my five year old daughter knew all the songs before we had a chance to watch it. She even had an Elsa doll before watching the movie. The great thing was she, nor my husband and I, were ever at any point disappointed. The animation is beautiful as always, but the story is what drives this movie. It's about love and sacrifice. But it isn't focused on the love in a potential suitor but rather the love of family.
I am by no means one of those that gets their undies all wadded up over a princess movie with a prince and princess falling in love and even has the prince *GASP* rescuing the princess. After all, I don't rely on a movie to teach my daughter self worth. She loves playing as a princess but also loves grabbing her toy sword and slaying the dragon. She enjoyed every bit of "Frozen" and talked about how much Elsa and Anna loved each other. She's an only child but she told me that families will do anything for each other. This is all stuff we have talked about and instilled into her long before the movie came out and it just reiterates that.
The humor is a wonderful balance of those simple things that get the kids rolling as well as the jokes that they are oblivious to, but have the parents looking at each other and laughing. The characters are amazing and are voiced perfectly. Also, look up the "Frozen"/"Tangled" story cross and be prepared to have your mind blown. (There's an Easter egg in Frozen that is a brief cameo of Rapunzel and Flynn that supports the theory). Wonderful movie and well worth the five stars given.
Oh, but here is a warning (and spoiler alert) for those that find a male rescuing a female offensive: Princess Anna does in fact get rescued from a locked room, as she is close to dying, by a male character!!!
on May 5, 2014
I loved this movie. My college age son loved this movie. Neither of us usually like animated features with lots of songs, but the music and lyrics were actually good, and sometimes wonderful; the story was entertaining, and often funny; and the animation was great. We saw it first in the theater, and my son liked it enough to ask for it as a birthday present.

Now the problem. When the DVD arrived, we couldn't play it. Or, more accurately, we couldn't get past the loading screen of the Disney castle. We waited FOR ALMOST AN HOUR and it never got to the menu screen. We tried putting it in and out repeatedly, turning the Blu-ray player on and off, unplugging and plugging in the Blu-ray. I even played another Blu-ray movie I had just purchased to make sure the player wasn't broken. I figured the DVD was defective, and arranged for a return and exchange. Amazon was great about that. But, when the new DVD arrived, THE SAME THING HAPPENED. This time I did research on the internet, and discovered that with certain brands of Blu-ray players, there are often problems with new DISNEY DVDs. I owned one of the brands (Samsung), and the solution was to get updated software for the Blu-ray player. Once we did that, it played just fine. But it would have been nice for someone (Disney, or Amazon) to warn me about this before I went through the whole exchange effort, since apparently it is a common problem.

Finally, I was disappointed in how limited the extra features were. Once of the reasons I get the Blu-ray version of movies I especially like is for the extra features, and there weren't that many. And there was a REALLY stupid "extra feature" called the Making of Frozen, that [SPOILER ALERT -NO WARNING] turned out to be a lengthy musical number of people singing about how they were going to tell you how Frozen was made, and then they don't. Who thought that was a good idea?

But it is still a great movie. And the non-Blu-ray DVD that comes with it is actually nice for playing in computers or on our old DVD player that can't play Blu-ray movies.
on April 5, 2017
Revised my 2 star to 4. The 3d version does work. The player started prior to my 7.2 home theater receiver. Once I Reload the disc after everything was on all worked as expected.
on June 13, 2017
My two-year-old is just starting to fall in love with this movie. She sing/yells the main songs and has started to ask for Frozen merchandise -- which I buy. I'm now officially a sellout mom and have given up my plan to raise her without Disney commercialism. Her smile is worth compromising my idealism.
1 helpful vote