Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Gifts for Him hggv216 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

19,006
Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$19.99

Showing 1-10 of 16,260 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on January 5, 2014
I went to the theater expecting the usual dumb kids movie, and was blown away. I LOVED this film and instantly added the DVD to my wishlist. Honestly, my favorite movies are The Hunt for the Red October, Galaxy Quest, Pixar's Incredibles, Princess Bride, Ponyo, Sound of Music, and Lord of the Rings Extended Editions. I gravitate to no particular genre, but only to what I find are the absolute best movies. Frozen is up there with the best movies I have ever seen. Period.

Why is this film so good?

1. It teaches real love. Love is about putting the other person's needs first. Love is shown in your actions not your words. I am so floored that a kids movie actually taught this and even took the time to point out you never get engaged or married to a guy you just met. WOW... a Disney film not about being swept off your feet by a guy in 3 seconds? Its about time.

2. The side kick characters are not annoying.... seriously!! Its like the difference between Jar Jar Binks and R2D2. These side kicks are more like R2D2 whereas past Disney sidekicks were like Jar Jar Binks. These side-kicks from the reindeer to snow monster were done exactly right. They add humor to the show and dimension without ever getting in the way of the story or you wanting to strangle them. Way to go Disney!!! Any way you can retroactively edit sidekicks in older films?

3. The plot themes are serious yet with enough humor that it doesn't feel too serious AND without the humor taking away from the story line. What a great balance to hit just right. Ok so the story line is a bit simplistic because its a kid movie, but it still has twists and turns. I did not find the story predictable because I was expecting another one of those princesses falling in love movies.. and this was not typical. The story teaches important themes like what love really is, the weight of responsibility, how to use power rightly vs. wrongly, and empathy for others.

4. Great music. The opening song grabs you and whisks you away to another world. Every song helps you connect more deeply to each character... and pulls you deeper into the story. I have never felt so much empathy in a musical since Fiddler on the Roof... and I'm not that emotional of a person.

So if you have daughters, grandchildren, nieces, or work in childcare... get this movie. You will be able to watch it over and over without going insane. The kids will learn what true love really is and what to watch out for in love.... its not what all those other princess movies teach. So you can rest easy.
4848 comments| 1,475 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2014
I won't be repeating what many have said about the story, all I say is that is a new and different approach to the typical fairy tale.
Inspired by events and characters in Hans Christian Andersen tale The Snow Queen, is a must have in your Disney DVD collection or animated movies collection. With wonderful songs and performances and visually stunning details of snow and ice everywhere is a delight to the ears and eyes.

A true classic and unique story with the usual Disney brand of humor, warmth, BUT a surprising twist and a different kind of happy ending that will delight every member of your family.
The movie's pacing or rhythm is very well done, you and your children won't be bored at all always anticipating what's to come next. It does not have a dull moment.

The DVD includes the animated new Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse, music video of Demi Lovato's version of the Academy Award song Let It Go, as well as the Latin Spanish and Italian versions of it by the actress/singer Martina Stoessel. Also several Disney movies shorts of current and upcoming movies on DVD., and the original teaser short with Olaf the snowman and Sven the reindeer. DVD settings include French language (Canadian) and Spanish (Latin American)., as well as subtitles in those languages, and of course in English.
review image
0Comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2015
What can I say? The whole family loves it! One of the few kids movies we will watch repeatedly and references such as "do you want to build a snow man" have now become part of our everyday vernacular!
on August 6, 2015
I got this for my son for Christmas and for the holiday season the shipping was scary fast!

The DVD was an excellent value, I shopped around to all of the major retailers before purchasing and Amazon had the best value! The DVD itself had popped off of the holder inside of the DVD case during shipping but no harm was done to the disk considering it was bobbing around the case for a few days.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase.
on July 22, 2015
I'm so glad to see another Disney masterpiece because Frozen (2013) is a great movie with an awesome soundtrack. It's one of my favorites!
review image review image
on November 29, 2013
I have watched every disney animated film put out by the main Disney animation studios and all the Pixar films. This is by far the best "musical" film since The Lion King. The reason I say musical, is that I believe Wreck It Ralph was also an amazin film, but did not have the musical, classic Disney feel to it.

This is truly Disney at it's finest. A catchy soundtrack, fun characters, especially Olaf the Snowman who stole many of the scenes he was in. This is the first Disney soundtrack that I found myself humming to in a long time. I actually just bought it on iTunes which is very rare for me. Disney somehow continues to manage to put out a quality product after all these years, especially, when you think storylines are just getting rehashed over and over again. I must admit, the marketing for this film had me confused as to the actual plot or story of the film, and I was really worried this would be a flop. What a surprise I was in for.

It is also nice to not have a movie with a main "villain" and actually instead have it being more about a journey between two sisters. This is a speical bond that sisters have and brothers have with each other, and to have this as a theme is quite refreshing.

Disney is truly heading into their second renaissance with Lasseter at the helm. I believe Disney Animation is now surpassing Pixar on a regular basis, or at least two years running. Wreck It Ralph was far superior to Brave, and Frozen crushes Monster's Inc. The streak of films of Bolt (much better than expected), The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Wreck It Ralph, and now Frozen is one of the hottest streaks Disney Animation has been on in a long time, but truly the last two of Wreck It Ralph and Frozen are destined to become classics for all time.

Bravo Disney!
66 comments| 218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2014
The activation code for the digital copy comes IN the DVD package. Apologies if you are seeing this review on the Instant Video product; Amazon carries the same review across all Frozen movie products, and I wrote this to make sure people saw that they can't buy the DVD and instantly access their digital copy.

Five star movie, one star product delivery. Although this seems like the new normal for DVDs, the description doesn't convey this well enough for those of us that rarely buy DVDs.

Please "like" this review if you found it useful to increase the likelihood others will see it.

******
Okay, here is my review of the actual movie:

The movie opened in typical Disney fashion, but then completely blew me away. I love the Little Mermaid, Bambi, Dumbo, Cinderella and crew, but the Disney formula is generally pretty set. This movie, Frozen, opened with a beautiful princess, parents dying, a handsome prince...again, I wasn't expecting much.

Then it jumped off of the rails. Completely.

This movie is an amazing experience for young children. Here is why:
1. The first princess learns that having different abilities and yes, even power, isn't something she has to hide, and that keeping a secret hurt. Instead of hiding, she cultivates and learns how to make the most of her power and those that judged her quickly as cast out as the rest of the village celebrates and accepts her.
2. The other princess meets a handsome prince, and within a day wants to marry him. She is told she is nuts, and sure enough, after she spends 15 more minutes getting to know him, she realizes he isn't so great.
3. On the other hand, the nice guy with no money is an absolute catch. She just needed to give him a chance.
4. True love isn't just found in boyfriends, it's found in families. It was the true love between sisters that allowed then to save themselves!
As an added bonus, this movie was fun to watch! The characters are funny and quick, the visuals are amazing, and the Oscar-winning music will be trapped in your head for ages.
All in all, even as I clean out my DVD collection, I'm ordering this one. In DVD, HD, and digital. It's a keeper.
6262 comments| 285 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2016
There's an old fairy tale: in a poor little town, in a poor little house, lived a poor little girl who'd been best friends with her neighbor for her entire life. They were closer than brother and sister and were always playing together. One day this little boy was cursed so everything appeared ugly and mean to his eyes and every feeling he had was made just as ugly. He quickly grew distant from his family, and while making mischief in town he wound up abducted by the queen of winter, a magical monarch as beautiful as she was cold, and as lonely as one could be. Not willing to believe her friend had died, the little girl set out on her own to find him and bring him home, beginning a long journey through numerous perils with nothing to depend on but the strength of her heart, until she finally reached the queens castle and through the warmth and strength of her love was finally able to break the curse and free her friend.
This is the tale of the Snow Queen, one of Hans Christian Andersen's greatest works and a story that Walt Disney himself sincerely wanted to make into a movie. He chose to abandon the project because at that point war and other troubles had made the people too cynical to accept fairy tales in his opinion. So the story sat untouched for decades. This movie started as an attempt to adapt the story at last and is still said to be inspired by it. Does something sound off here? This story has exactly four things in common with the Snow Queen: it has a "snow queen" in it, it has a female lead on a quest, it has a "frozen heart", and it happens in a northern country. Besides the fact that it has these few spots with at best faint resemblance, it is nothing like it.
From what I've read about the making of this work, it seems that the problem that led to this was that the villain was pretty and female. They claimed that a lonely queen whose kingdom was by its nature desolate not being relatable enough for audiences, even though many popular villains in the Disney Renaissance were far less relatable. But for some reason these authors felt that the villain had to be more and more sympathetic, until she could no longer be a villain. They thus changed it more and more, until they finally seem to have decided to throw the original story out the window and declare that they could do better. They talk about this like it's another of Disney's fairy tale stories, but unlike all fairy tales that have been done up to this point there seems to be absolutely no respect or interest in the original story, which for a fan of the story makes it quite insulting.
As for the movie itself, it's good enough to go past "OK", but not really the masterpiece it was hyped up to be. The things that are called "original" don't look all that new to me, at most a simple reference and satire of the old motif. Making fun of the old tropes doesn't necessarily make things new and fresh. With a few exceptions the songs seemed to just come out of nowhere, with the characters just suddenly singing for no reason. Sure, characters always burst into song in Disney movies, but here several of the song sequences seemed absolutely unnecessary or even detrimental. Note that I said "several" not "all". Some of the biggest song sequences were done well, it's just that a number of them were completely useless. Overall, this is better than some Disney movies, but I wouldn't put it on par with the best of the Disney renaissance.
In closing, this is a good movie, though it could be better, and thus as a movie itself it would deserve 4 stars. But due to the fact that it is something of a slap in the face to Hans Christian Andersen, connecting his best work to a piece that while good cannot be compared, I simply cannot give it that rating.
on April 11, 2016
My daughter LOVES this movie. And I should say, if you have kids, you know how they watch movies they like over and over and over again until the tape wears out or the dvd player gives out. So as a parent, I know what I look for in a movie. Do I want to watch this one billion and a half times. Well, I've watched this twice that much and I'm still ok with it. Am I tired of it? Of course I am. But do I still occasionally laugh at it still and enjoy watching my daughter sing along and dance with it, you bet your icey behind I do. Great movie to own. Period.

This product was provided to me at a discount in exchange for my honest review. Which means, this opinion is 100% my own and not the result of a head injury or alien mind control. Though I got a great deal, I'm not beholden to anyone to write an awesome review. I was in no way compensated for what you have just read. I pride myself in being as honest and as objective as possible. I want to assure you that I've tested this product out thoroughly and everything I write in my reviews, be it good or bad, is my 100% honest opinion about the product. No animals were harmed in the making of this review. If you like my review, I like you back. If you want me to like you even more or if my review saved your life or your marriage or something cool like that, feel free to click the little button saying my review was helpful. Thank you. @Chyld
on March 18, 2014
I loved everything about this movie, every second made me happy. And Olaf just made it that much better :)