Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

19,611
Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$14.99

Showing 1-10 of 16,850 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,611 reviews
on April 26, 2014
A household favorite! I let my toddler watch a video at night at before she gets ready for bed. This has been in our DVD player since the day it arrived. She loves it, and so do I. Normally when she's watching a movie, I use that time to pick up around the house. Not with this movie. I get everything done before the movie starts so I can watch it with her.
Keep in mind, it's still a Disney story, so there are the signature elements of fairy tales, princesses, and the quest for love. However, the story line is well written, and much more modern for the times. Disney is maturing in their character growth, subject matter, and tone. This is the epitome of an animated musical. The songs are catchy, my daughter is 2 1/2 and she loves to run all over the house singing "Let it go", and knows the words almost verbatim.
Elsa is the oldest sister, born with the power to freeze what she touches. She and Anna were close in their youth, until one day Elsa struck her with her powers while they were playing. Elsa was isolated from Anna by their parents, and Anna never understood why, and has been trying to reconnect with Elsa from that day forward. Three years after their parents pass away (remember, it's Disney), Elsa becomes queen. After her coronation, that's when the true grit of the movie begins.
Disney really did a wonderful job capturing the attention of all ages in this story. I feel for Elsa, while most think she's the villain...but you'll have to watch and find out for yourself. Anna is lonely growing up in the castle without having much contact with her big sister. She can't wait for her sister's coronation because the gates will finally reopen, and she'll have contact with actual people for the first time in years. The character's introduced later, Kristoff, and his reindeer Sven, Prince Hans, Olaf the snowman, the trolls, and the other minor characters that come and go throughout the movie, make this one of the best Disney films I've ever seen. Disney will always have their classics, like Little Mermaid, Cinderella, etc., but this next generation of Disney films seems to be a power house in the making. This movie was entertaining, compelling, and an easy to story to get lost in. Well done Disney! Looking forward to what lies ahead!
on January 14, 2016
Just the Facts: The story of a girl coming to terms with a magical power of having everything she touches turning to ice and snow that she can't control.

Pros: It's Frozen, every child in the world is in love with it and for good reason. Great songs, adorable characters, sure to be a classic.

Cons: If you're an adult you will have to endure this movie played again and again with your child singing along :)

Would I recommend this: For the young at heart - yes, wholeheartedly.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll be happy to answer them!
on March 2, 2017
My daughter loves Frozen. Getting this for her meant that she could sing for hours with the sing along disc and we can take it in the car with us. What I love most is that it's about two sisters. Although there is a love story, it's important for little girls to have something else to refer to in Disney movies. The sister plot just reminds me of my younger siblings and I. The bond between sisters are a beautiful experience to share.
on January 9, 2016
After recently getting a 4K TV with passive 3D technology, I've been collecting a lot of Blu-ray 3D discs, especially animated ones. Being quite the Disney animation buff, I figured that it was finally time to revisit "Frozen 3D" and see if I can catch the fever. I saw it in theaters opening weekend, but wasn't crazy about it. Then when it blew up into a huge phenomenon, I was REALLY confused and distanced myself from the craze as best I could.

This Region Free disc worked flawlessly on my Blu-ray 3D player and even included the short film "Get a Horse!" in 3D as well (it was screened before the film theatrically). Disney expertly rendered this film in 3D, and watching it at home was much more enjoyable than the theater (a proper 3D setup at home looks MUCH better than theaters). The animation is GORGEOUS and the 3D version uses the effects to enhance the story and tone rather than just have a bunch of gimmicky pop-out moments. I frequently flinched when Elsa's powers were used, and I felt completely immersed in the snowy world of Arendelle at all times, it's truly something that needs to be seen. I highly recommend this disc for those looking for an animated film that really shines in 3D. Even if you've never been a huge fan of the movie in the first place, this version is likely to make a believer out of anyone who has ever found themselves under Disney's animated spell in the past.

It's a darn shame the 3D version was never released in the U.S., but luckily this imported disc works flawlessly worldwide. Just keep in mind that you are not getting a DVD version or digital copy, just the Blu-ray 3D and 2D Blu-ray discs. But for the price, I have no issues with that - especially since I never have a need for DVD versions of movies.
on April 3, 2016
My family & I love this movie. Olaf is adorable, Kristoff is believable, Anna & Elsa seem real. More real than many other Disney princesses and queens. And as Disney fanatics, we've seen them all! I love how it's not a romantic love that saves the day, but a love that a family shares. The songs are catchy & stay with you, but not in that annoying stuck in your head kind of way. And there's Olaf. I'd love to see movie shorts with Olaf!
on March 15, 2017
Funny, entertaining movie with a sweet message of love that transcends the banal tropes we've grown used to. A great movie for young girls, including strong female leads and a twist on the typical "wait and be saved by a prince" allegory. The songs are brilliantly done, catchy, and even enjoyable to a parent's ear -- even after the 12th time you've heard it this month. :-)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2017
I was majorly disappointed that Disney did not offer this totally awesome movie in 3-D in the US and I was sceptical about buying from out of the country. But I took the chance and I bought this 3D UK version.

I took a couple of tries to get my 4K DVD player's glasses to work (I was panicking that the disc was defective) but I finally got them to work. WOW...my wife and I were blown away! The 3D version turned out to be awesome and I could find no issues with the movie. I so loved it and I totally loved the UK version.
on April 19, 2014
This is one of the best (if not the best) Disney movie I have seen since I was a child when Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella were the norm. The music is phenomenal! The character development was great and the animation is superb. I must also say that I very rarely like movies of any sort that are based on books since the movies tend to be so one-dimensional but this movie (based on Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen) is one of the few exceptions. It is a fantastic movie for both children and adults!
on April 7, 2015
Totally underwhelming. Really? This is what all the hype was about? The funny is not that funny. The cold sister is downright cold - I mean, I have to say that if you want to have a role model that is completely independent and doesn't need anyone, she fits the bill for part of the show. Just does not deliver. It's showing off the animation and is just too much of a "packaged" deal. Can't believe people pay tons of money for memorabilia from this.
on August 1, 2015
We already had the movie for the Blue-Ray, but since my granddaughter uses the Kindle, and we were going on a trip, I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I took off a star because in order for me to download it to my Kindle, I had to use the SD version. Had I known that ahead of time, I would have bought the SD version and save myself 5 dollars. But it is what it is.