Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

19,649
Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$12.99

Showing 1-10 of 16,888 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,649 reviews
on July 31, 2014
Cute film and beautifully animated! The only reasons I gave it four stars instead of five is because I personally thought the animated snowman to be annoying. I also didn't care much for the Disney staff "Bonus Feature" of them singing and dance among their office cubicles. This "Bonus Feature" was a short song and dance number by supposedly the Disney Studios film makers singing about how they made the film only to (SPOILER ALERT HERE...) tell you they don't know how it got made. Really a dumb "Bonus Feature" which I think could have been left out. It was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek humor video but to me it was just stupid. However, there was another "Bonus Feature" done of a technological mix of an old 1920's Micky Mouse and Minnie Mouse black and white cartoon that morphs into a modern cartoon in color. It was very cleverly done. The other "Bonus Features" are music videos of the main song in the Disney film "Frozen", "Let it Go" sung in English, Spanish and Malay (Malaysian) by various singers. These music videos of "Let it Go" were pretty good. I especially enjoyed watching the Malay version as I found the dress the singer had on pretty and the background for the video pretty. To me of the three music video versions the Malay version was the best. Then there is a documentary "Bonus Feature" telling about Walt Disney's idea for creating a "Frozen" theme type of ride a long time ago that for whatever reason never made it off the drawing board and about the Disney Studio's artist who did the story board illustrations for the idea. These are beautiful illustrations! The narrator of this documentary "Bonus Feature" just happens to be the woman who worked for Disney who designed all the dolls in "It's a Small World". She's a fascinating woman and it was enjoyable to hear her discuss the behind the scenes Disney stuff. Anywho...The film makers of "Frozen" claim they did a remake of Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen" but they didn't. It's nothing like that story. After watching this movie, go Google "The Snow Queen" and you'll see for yourself this Disney film has nothing to do with "The Snow Queen". The original Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen" had a lot of religion in it and brings in things about Heaven, God and the devil, etc. This Disney movie doesn't do any of that. It's not anything at all like "The Snow Queen". This Disney film "Frozen" has good animation. It's more of a girly movie so not sure little boys would like it, but if you have young daughters who like princess Disney stuff, they will really enjoy this movie! Morals to this Disney's "Frozen" story are:
1. Don't be afraid of those who are different
2. If you are different, accept who you are and allow yourself to thrive in your difference
3. Don't be cold hearted, open up and allow yourself to be happy and let love of friends and family into your life
4. Don't jump into judging people right away, take your time and get to know people
5. Learn anger management
6. Family is important
7. Loyalty to family, friends and oneself
on July 19, 2015
What can I say? The whole family loves it! One of the few kids movies we will watch repeatedly and references such as "do you want to build a snow man" have now become part of our everyday vernacular!
on April 26, 2014
A household favorite! I let my toddler watch a video at night at before she gets ready for bed. This has been in our DVD player since the day it arrived. She loves it, and so do I. Normally when she's watching a movie, I use that time to pick up around the house. Not with this movie. I get everything done before the movie starts so I can watch it with her.
Keep in mind, it's still a Disney story, so there are the signature elements of fairy tales, princesses, and the quest for love. However, the story line is well written, and much more modern for the times. Disney is maturing in their character growth, subject matter, and tone. This is the epitome of an animated musical. The songs are catchy, my daughter is 2 1/2 and she loves to run all over the house singing "Let it go", and knows the words almost verbatim.
Elsa is the oldest sister, born with the power to freeze what she touches. She and Anna were close in their youth, until one day Elsa struck her with her powers while they were playing. Elsa was isolated from Anna by their parents, and Anna never understood why, and has been trying to reconnect with Elsa from that day forward. Three years after their parents pass away (remember, it's Disney), Elsa becomes queen. After her coronation, that's when the true grit of the movie begins.
Disney really did a wonderful job capturing the attention of all ages in this story. I feel for Elsa, while most think she's the villain...but you'll have to watch and find out for yourself. Anna is lonely growing up in the castle without having much contact with her big sister. She can't wait for her sister's coronation because the gates will finally reopen, and she'll have contact with actual people for the first time in years. The character's introduced later, Kristoff, and his reindeer Sven, Prince Hans, Olaf the snowman, the trolls, and the other minor characters that come and go throughout the movie, make this one of the best Disney films I've ever seen. Disney will always have their classics, like Little Mermaid, Cinderella, etc., but this next generation of Disney films seems to be a power house in the making. This movie was entertaining, compelling, and an easy to story to get lost in. Well done Disney! Looking forward to what lies ahead!
on January 12, 2017
My niece that is 7 loved this movie so I thought I would try it on my daughter which is a few years younger. She would not take her eyes off the screen she loved this movie so much. She gasped when exciting things where happening and sang along with it when Elsa did. After the movie was over she spent hours stomping her foot and freezing the floor and acting out the parts of freezing the room. When it was time for bed she had to freeze her bed along with her whole bedroom. Such a great buy that has shot my little girls imagination through the roof.
on May 1, 2017
Had to get this movie because my 4 year old couldn't stop making me rent it. So I got it and now its part of our collection forever. Its finally the first Disney movie where the princess doesn't depend on a prince to "save" her. Its refreshing. Do I think that Elsa is overacted and practically wreaked havoc on her own town for selfish reasons and that Ana is the real hero by saving everyone including her selfish sister? Yes. But my 4 year old disagrees. You cant win them all!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2016
My daughter and I absolutely love this movie but the digital copy I have on Amazon video is of poor and awful quality. You can't even tell what's on the screen half of the time. Its very aggravating when Amazon video is my only option at certain times and the only thing that contains a 2 year old tantrum. Please do something to improve the quality of your movies. I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated with Amazon video and the quality. Mom rant over. Please help though!
on March 30, 2014
I won't be repeating what many have said about the story, all I say is that is a new and different approach to the typical fairy tale.
Inspired by events and characters in Hans Christian Andersen tale The Snow Queen, is a must have in your Disney DVD collection or animated movies collection. With wonderful songs and performances and visually stunning details of snow and ice everywhere is a delight to the ears and eyes.

A true classic and unique story with the usual Disney brand of humor, warmth, BUT a surprising twist and a different kind of happy ending that will delight every member of your family.
The movie's pacing or rhythm is very well done, you and your children won't be bored at all always anticipating what's to come next. It does not have a dull moment.

The DVD includes the animated new Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse, music video of Demi Lovato's version of the Academy Award song Let It Go, as well as the Latin Spanish and Italian versions of it by the actress/singer Martina Stoessel. Also several Disney movies shorts of current and upcoming movies on DVD., and the original teaser short with Olaf the snowman and Sven the reindeer. DVD settings include French language (Canadian) and Spanish (Latin American)., as well as subtitles in those languages, and of course in English.
review image
0Comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2017
My daughter loves Frozen. Getting this for her meant that she could sing for hours with the sing along disc and we can take it in the car with us. What I love most is that it's about two sisters. Although there is a love story, it's important for little girls to have something else to refer to in Disney movies. The sister plot just reminds me of my younger siblings and I. The bond between sisters are a beautiful experience to share.
on December 26, 2014
My 2-1/2 year old grand-daughter, like all children lately, is obsessed with this movie. The first couple of times I watched it, I thought it was adorable -- nice storyline, cute characters (my favorite is Olaf the snowman -- he has the best lines in the movie!) Twenty viewings later, however, and I'm pretty over it. It will take the Jaws of Life to pry that "Let It Go" song out of my head. If you enjoy Disney films and haven't seen it, I believe you will thoroughly enjoy the movie, just be aware that some of the music is addictively catchy to kids and unsuspecting adults.
on January 14, 2016
Just the Facts: The story of a girl coming to terms with a magical power of having everything she touches turning to ice and snow that she can't control.

Pros: It's Frozen, every child in the world is in love with it and for good reason. Great songs, adorable characters, sure to be a classic.

Cons: If you're an adult you will have to endure this movie played again and again with your child singing along :)

Would I recommend this: For the young at heart - yes, wholeheartedly.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll be happy to answer them!