Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

19,602
Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$14.99

Showing 1-10 of 16,841 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,602 reviews
on April 26, 2014
A household favorite! I let my toddler watch a video at night at before she gets ready for bed. This has been in our DVD player since the day it arrived. She loves it, and so do I. Normally when she's watching a movie, I use that time to pick up around the house. Not with this movie. I get everything done before the movie starts so I can watch it with her.
Keep in mind, it's still a Disney story, so there are the signature elements of fairy tales, princesses, and the quest for love. However, the story line is well written, and much more modern for the times. Disney is maturing in their character growth, subject matter, and tone. This is the epitome of an animated musical. The songs are catchy, my daughter is 2 1/2 and she loves to run all over the house singing "Let it go", and knows the words almost verbatim.
Elsa is the oldest sister, born with the power to freeze what she touches. She and Anna were close in their youth, until one day Elsa struck her with her powers while they were playing. Elsa was isolated from Anna by their parents, and Anna never understood why, and has been trying to reconnect with Elsa from that day forward. Three years after their parents pass away (remember, it's Disney), Elsa becomes queen. After her coronation, that's when the true grit of the movie begins.
Disney really did a wonderful job capturing the attention of all ages in this story. I feel for Elsa, while most think she's the villain...but you'll have to watch and find out for yourself. Anna is lonely growing up in the castle without having much contact with her big sister. She can't wait for her sister's coronation because the gates will finally reopen, and she'll have contact with actual people for the first time in years. The character's introduced later, Kristoff, and his reindeer Sven, Prince Hans, Olaf the snowman, the trolls, and the other minor characters that come and go throughout the movie, make this one of the best Disney films I've ever seen. Disney will always have their classics, like Little Mermaid, Cinderella, etc., but this next generation of Disney films seems to be a power house in the making. This movie was entertaining, compelling, and an easy to story to get lost in. Well done Disney! Looking forward to what lies ahead!
on April 30, 2014
After years of trying to get the magic back, Disney started to get it again with "Tangled" and now we have this new twist on the classic princess story. Between fun and heartfelt characters, some amazing songs and messages of true empowerment this does feel like it's confirming that we are in Disney's third golden age.

The only thing keeping me from giving this a perfect rating is that honestly the special features are sorely lacking. Given the exhaustive and fascinating behind the scenes material available on so many other Disney releases, the fact that this doesn't even really have a proper "making of" featurette is frankly puzzling. There's a fun bonus song, and the one behind the scenes segment is interesting but it feels very superficial for a film that had a very long gestation period.
on June 24, 2016
After seeing this movie in theaters about 9 times with my then 3yr old it seems like the right thing to do since she loved it so much was buy it. The characters are make you laugh from the beginning. The story line was great. It shows what a true bond between sisters really is. I appreciate the fact that it was empowering to little girls. We laughed, we worried and we cried for some characters. The sound track although out played still gets people singing the songs. Overall i would give it more stars if i could.
on March 2, 2017
My daughter loves Frozen. Getting this for her meant that she could sing for hours with the sing along disc and we can take it in the car with us. What I love most is that it's about two sisters. Although there is a love story, it's important for little girls to have something else to refer to in Disney movies. The sister plot just reminds me of my younger siblings and I. The bond between sisters are a beautiful experience to share.
on January 9, 2016
After recently getting a 4K TV with passive 3D technology, I've been collecting a lot of Blu-ray 3D discs, especially animated ones. Being quite the Disney animation buff, I figured that it was finally time to revisit "Frozen 3D" and see if I can catch the fever. I saw it in theaters opening weekend, but wasn't crazy about it. Then when it blew up into a huge phenomenon, I was REALLY confused and distanced myself from the craze as best I could.

This Region Free disc worked flawlessly on my Blu-ray 3D player and even included the short film "Get a Horse!" in 3D as well (it was screened before the film theatrically). Disney expertly rendered this film in 3D, and watching it at home was much more enjoyable than the theater (a proper 3D setup at home looks MUCH better than theaters). The animation is GORGEOUS and the 3D version uses the effects to enhance the story and tone rather than just have a bunch of gimmicky pop-out moments. I frequently flinched when Elsa's powers were used, and I felt completely immersed in the snowy world of Arendelle at all times, it's truly something that needs to be seen. I highly recommend this disc for those looking for an animated film that really shines in 3D. Even if you've never been a huge fan of the movie in the first place, this version is likely to make a believer out of anyone who has ever found themselves under Disney's animated spell in the past.

It's a darn shame the 3D version was never released in the U.S., but luckily this imported disc works flawlessly worldwide. Just keep in mind that you are not getting a DVD version or digital copy, just the Blu-ray 3D and 2D Blu-ray discs. But for the price, I have no issues with that - especially since I never have a need for DVD versions of movies.
on April 3, 2016
My family & I love this movie. Olaf is adorable, Kristoff is believable, Anna & Elsa seem real. More real than many other Disney princesses and queens. And as Disney fanatics, we've seen them all! I love how it's not a romantic love that saves the day, but a love that a family shares. The songs are catchy & stay with you, but not in that annoying stuck in your head kind of way. And there's Olaf. I'd love to see movie shorts with Olaf!
on March 15, 2017
Funny, entertaining movie with a sweet message of love that transcends the banal tropes we've grown used to. A great movie for young girls, including strong female leads and a twist on the typical "wait and be saved by a prince" allegory. The songs are brilliantly done, catchy, and even enjoyable to a parent's ear -- even after the 12th time you've heard it this month. :-)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2014
I won't be repeating what many have said about the story, all I say is that is a new and different approach to the typical fairy tale.
Inspired by events and characters in Hans Christian Andersen tale The Snow Queen, is a must have in your Disney DVD collection or animated movies collection. With wonderful songs and performances and visually stunning details of snow and ice everywhere is a delight to the ears and eyes.

A true classic and unique story with the usual Disney brand of humor, warmth, BUT a surprising twist and a different kind of happy ending that will delight every member of your family.
The movie's pacing or rhythm is very well done, you and your children won't be bored at all always anticipating what's to come next. It does not have a dull moment.

The DVD includes the animated new Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse, music video of Demi Lovato's version of the Academy Award song Let It Go, as well as the Latin Spanish and Italian versions of it by the actress/singer Martina Stoessel. Also several Disney movies shorts of current and upcoming movies on DVD., and the original teaser short with Olaf the snowman and Sven the reindeer. DVD settings include French language (Canadian) and Spanish (Latin American)., as well as subtitles in those languages, and of course in English.
review image
0Comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2015
Totally underwhelming. Really? This is what all the hype was about? The funny is not that funny. The cold sister is downright cold - I mean, I have to say that if you want to have a role model that is completely independent and doesn't need anyone, she fits the bill for part of the show. Just does not deliver. It's showing off the animation and is just too much of a "packaged" deal. Can't believe people pay tons of money for memorabilia from this.
on August 1, 2015
We already had the movie for the Blue-Ray, but since my granddaughter uses the Kindle, and we were going on a trip, I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I took off a star because in order for me to download it to my Kindle, I had to use the SD version. Had I known that ahead of time, I would have bought the SD version and save myself 5 dollars. But it is what it is.