Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

19,658
Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$12.99

Showing 1-10 of 16,897 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,658 reviews
on April 26, 2014
A household favorite! I let my toddler watch a video at night at before she gets ready for bed. This has been in our DVD player since the day it arrived. She loves it, and so do I. Normally when she's watching a movie, I use that time to pick up around the house. Not with this movie. I get everything done before the movie starts so I can watch it with her.
Keep in mind, it's still a Disney story, so there are the signature elements of fairy tales, princesses, and the quest for love. However, the story line is well written, and much more modern for the times. Disney is maturing in their character growth, subject matter, and tone. This is the epitome of an animated musical. The songs are catchy, my daughter is 2 1/2 and she loves to run all over the house singing "Let it go", and knows the words almost verbatim.
Elsa is the oldest sister, born with the power to freeze what she touches. She and Anna were close in their youth, until one day Elsa struck her with her powers while they were playing. Elsa was isolated from Anna by their parents, and Anna never understood why, and has been trying to reconnect with Elsa from that day forward. Three years after their parents pass away (remember, it's Disney), Elsa becomes queen. After her coronation, that's when the true grit of the movie begins.
Disney really did a wonderful job capturing the attention of all ages in this story. I feel for Elsa, while most think she's the villain...but you'll have to watch and find out for yourself. Anna is lonely growing up in the castle without having much contact with her big sister. She can't wait for her sister's coronation because the gates will finally reopen, and she'll have contact with actual people for the first time in years. The character's introduced later, Kristoff, and his reindeer Sven, Prince Hans, Olaf the snowman, the trolls, and the other minor characters that come and go throughout the movie, make this one of the best Disney films I've ever seen. Disney will always have their classics, like Little Mermaid, Cinderella, etc., but this next generation of Disney films seems to be a power house in the making. This movie was entertaining, compelling, and an easy to story to get lost in. Well done Disney! Looking forward to what lies ahead!
on May 1, 2017
Had to get this movie because my 4 year old couldn't stop making me rent it. So I got it and now its part of our collection forever. Its finally the first Disney movie where the princess doesn't depend on a prince to "save" her. Its refreshing. Do I think that Elsa is overacted and practically wreaked havoc on her own town for selfish reasons and that Ana is the real hero by saving everyone including her selfish sister? Yes. But my 4 year old disagrees. You cant win them all!
on July 19, 2015
What can I say? The whole family loves it! One of the few kids movies we will watch repeatedly and references such as "do you want to build a snow man" have now become part of our everyday vernacular!
review image
on February 9, 2016
It's been a little over two years since this movie hit the theaters, but I have to say, it took me until last month to finally get caught up in the "Frozen Fever" (ha) that has taken over the hearts of children everywhere.

The movie starts with two young sisters, Princess Elsa and Princess Anna, having a bit of late night fun with Elsa's ice powers. When an accident befalls Anna at Elsa's hand, the sisters are forced apart for Anna's safety and the gates to their castle are closed off to the public--until Elsa's coronation day. There's a huge ball in honor of her coming of age, and people from all over the kingdom come to celebrate. They day goes without incident until Anna and Elsa get into an argument over Anna's quick engagement to Prince Hans. Elsa's powers are revealed to everyone in an emotional outburst then and she flees the castle, unknowingly shrouding the land in a fierce winter behind her on her way to the North Mountain. Anna goes after Elsa and meets a gruff iceman named Kristoff, who she recruits to help her get to Elsa so they can bring Elsa back and bring back Summer.

All of the characters are interesting and multi-dimensional. Anna is a particularly great character in that she's unabashedly awkward and honest. I feel like most children feel awkward at some point in their lives and Anna is a great role model for them. My nieces and brother love the movie and it's family fun for all of us.
on July 25, 2014
This is an incredibly wonderful movie for the young, and young at heart! I took my daughter to go see it in the theater, and it's been all about Frozen ever since. The animation is spectacular, the story is fun, unique, and refreshing, the characters are inspiring, and the music is superb (in fact I don't even know where to begin guessing how many times I've heard Let It Go). There is enough humor and action to even keep us dads hanging around to watch it. Being as my daughter has a very young sister herself, I really loved this story touched on that specific relationship. I also hope that the concept of not rushing in to a relationship too quickly sticks with her, but luckily I still have a good number of years before I need to start worrying about that.
on March 2, 2017
My daughter loves Frozen. Getting this for her meant that she could sing for hours with the sing along disc and we can take it in the car with us. What I love most is that it's about two sisters. Although there is a love story, it's important for little girls to have something else to refer to in Disney movies. The sister plot just reminds me of my younger siblings and I. The bond between sisters are a beautiful experience to share.
on March 15, 2017
Funny, entertaining movie with a sweet message of love that transcends the banal tropes we've grown used to. A great movie for young girls, including strong female leads and a twist on the typical "wait and be saved by a prince" allegory. The songs are brilliantly done, catchy, and even enjoyable to a parent's ear -- even after the 12th time you've heard it this month. :-)
on January 14, 2016
Just the Facts: The story of a girl coming to terms with a magical power of having everything she touches turning to ice and snow that she can't control.

Pros: It's Frozen, every child in the world is in love with it and for good reason. Great songs, adorable characters, sure to be a classic.

Cons: If you're an adult you will have to endure this movie played again and again with your child singing along :)

Would I recommend this: For the young at heart - yes, wholeheartedly.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll be happy to answer them!
on June 10, 2016
My daughter and I absolutely love this movie but the digital copy I have on Amazon video is of poor and awful quality. You can't even tell what's on the screen half of the time. Its very aggravating when Amazon video is my only option at certain times and the only thing that contains a 2 year old tantrum. Please do something to improve the quality of your movies. I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated with Amazon video and the quality. Mom rant over. Please help though!
review image
on December 26, 2014
My 2-1/2 year old grand-daughter, like all children lately, is obsessed with this movie. The first couple of times I watched it, I thought it was adorable -- nice storyline, cute characters (my favorite is Olaf the snowman -- he has the best lines in the movie!) Twenty viewings later, however, and I'm pretty over it. It will take the Jaws of Life to pry that "Let It Go" song out of my head. If you enjoy Disney films and haven't seen it, I believe you will thoroughly enjoy the movie, just be aware that some of the music is addictively catchy to kids and unsuspecting adults.