Check Out Our Turntable Store
Need a new record player? Check out our turntable store for a great selection of turntables, needles, accessories, and more.
In a Frozen Sea: A Year with Sigur Ros
LP (12" album, 33 rpm), Box Set
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Encased in a hard cover album, this deluxe box set contains a re-pressing of 3 classic Sigur Ros LP's: Agaetis Byrjun, ( ), and Takk. As a special bonus, Smaskifa, which has never before been released in a 12 inch format, is included in the set. These LP's slip into seven individually customized vinyl sleeves which are designed with original photography from the 2006 Takk tour. Also includes the book In A Frozen Sea featuring exclusive photographs and interviews from their 2006 Takk tour of Iceland. The result of this endeavor; a thirty-two page publication of never before seen photographs, observations and quotes that captures the band in their words, in their world. Limited edition of 5000 copies worldwide.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Yeah, it's good. It's very good. It's nowhere near great, 'though. And the fact that I'm giving a sigur ros recording less than 4 stars? Ouch.
OK, so enough random negging, here's my problems with it:
1. There's no tracklisting.
2. It's badly made.
3. The vinyl's flimsy and of variable quality/density.
4. The whole thing, while being OF the band, didn't feel like a PART of Jonsi, Georg et al.
1. Yes, the obtuseness of sigur ros' CDs have helped their enigma and allure in the West, but we still get a tracklisting! So there's a 7th "mystery" disc... awesome! What exactly am i listening to, 'though? Apart from that first review on Amazon I still have no idea what's up, track names, whatever. And I've looked online, trust me. I can't find squat.
2. The day I unwrapped it the glue on the back of the spine had already broken away. Flimsy, at best.
3. The 1st record's of a decent weight, the rest of the six feel less than 100gms. Unfortunately I feel like more than a few plays and I'll carve grooves out of them that'll be irrecoverable.
4. Yeah, so A+R put this thing together: are they fans, or a bunch of marketing dudes? It IS good, but still feels a bit like an exercise in squeezing a few more bucks out of the devout.
It's beautiful, don't get me wrong. And I'l never sell it. But honestly, for the sigur ros fan who wants to know more with a smile on their face, get "Heima", the tour DVD. You'll get a better physical product, more heart from the band and the producers, and just more new music at a MUCH better price.
For the collector only.
A sigur ros fan.
IT'S IMPORTANT TO KEEP THEM SAFE AN BUY NEW ONES, BECOUSE THEY CAN EASLY BEEN DAMAGE.
DEFINITLY SOME THING THAT ONLY FANS NEED TO HAVE.