Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

19,617
Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 16,856 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,617 reviews
on April 26, 2014
A household favorite! I let my toddler watch a video at night at before she gets ready for bed. This has been in our DVD player since the day it arrived. She loves it, and so do I. Normally when she's watching a movie, I use that time to pick up around the house. Not with this movie. I get everything done before the movie starts so I can watch it with her.
Keep in mind, it's still a Disney story, so there are the signature elements of fairy tales, princesses, and the quest for love. However, the story line is well written, and much more modern for the times. Disney is maturing in their character growth, subject matter, and tone. This is the epitome of an animated musical. The songs are catchy, my daughter is 2 1/2 and she loves to run all over the house singing "Let it go", and knows the words almost verbatim.
Elsa is the oldest sister, born with the power to freeze what she touches. She and Anna were close in their youth, until one day Elsa struck her with her powers while they were playing. Elsa was isolated from Anna by their parents, and Anna never understood why, and has been trying to reconnect with Elsa from that day forward. Three years after their parents pass away (remember, it's Disney), Elsa becomes queen. After her coronation, that's when the true grit of the movie begins.
Disney really did a wonderful job capturing the attention of all ages in this story. I feel for Elsa, while most think she's the villain...but you'll have to watch and find out for yourself. Anna is lonely growing up in the castle without having much contact with her big sister. She can't wait for her sister's coronation because the gates will finally reopen, and she'll have contact with actual people for the first time in years. The character's introduced later, Kristoff, and his reindeer Sven, Prince Hans, Olaf the snowman, the trolls, and the other minor characters that come and go throughout the movie, make this one of the best Disney films I've ever seen. Disney will always have their classics, like Little Mermaid, Cinderella, etc., but this next generation of Disney films seems to be a power house in the making. This movie was entertaining, compelling, and an easy to story to get lost in. Well done Disney! Looking forward to what lies ahead!
on July 19, 2015
What can I say? The whole family loves it! One of the few kids movies we will watch repeatedly and references such as "do you want to build a snow man" have now become part of our everyday vernacular!
on September 27, 2016
This was our third copy of this movie to purchase. My 9 year old and my almost 2 year old loves this movie. I purchased this copy as they had worn out the others where it would not play any longer.

This one arrived in the expected time and was packaged securely. The problem with this one however was although the disc was sealed, the disc was scratched when it arrived and portions of the movie skips and will not play.

The movie itself is amazing. It one of the best kid movies I have watched in many years. The movie is addictive and the kids will start singing the songs over and over which can get a little annoying, but the message in the movie is spectacular.
on March 30, 2014
I won't be repeating what many have said about the story, all I say is that is a new and different approach to the typical fairy tale.
Inspired by events and characters in Hans Christian Andersen tale The Snow Queen, is a must have in your Disney DVD collection or animated movies collection. With wonderful songs and performances and visually stunning details of snow and ice everywhere is a delight to the ears and eyes.

A true classic and unique story with the usual Disney brand of humor, warmth, BUT a surprising twist and a different kind of happy ending that will delight every member of your family.
The movie's pacing or rhythm is very well done, you and your children won't be bored at all always anticipating what's to come next. It does not have a dull moment.

The DVD includes the animated new Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse, music video of Demi Lovato's version of the Academy Award song Let It Go, as well as the Latin Spanish and Italian versions of it by the actress/singer Martina Stoessel. Also several Disney movies shorts of current and upcoming movies on DVD., and the original teaser short with Olaf the snowman and Sven the reindeer. DVD settings include French language (Canadian) and Spanish (Latin American)., as well as subtitles in those languages, and of course in English.
review image
0Comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2017
My daughter loves Frozen. Getting this for her meant that she could sing for hours with the sing along disc and we can take it in the car with us. What I love most is that it's about two sisters. Although there is a love story, it's important for little girls to have something else to refer to in Disney movies. The sister plot just reminds me of my younger siblings and I. The bond between sisters are a beautiful experience to share.
on January 14, 2016
Just the Facts: The story of a girl coming to terms with a magical power of having everything she touches turning to ice and snow that she can't control.

Pros: It's Frozen, every child in the world is in love with it and for good reason. Great songs, adorable characters, sure to be a classic.

Cons: If you're an adult you will have to endure this movie played again and again with your child singing along :)

Would I recommend this: For the young at heart - yes, wholeheartedly.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll be happy to answer them!
on March 15, 2017
Funny, entertaining movie with a sweet message of love that transcends the banal tropes we've grown used to. A great movie for young girls, including strong female leads and a twist on the typical "wait and be saved by a prince" allegory. The songs are brilliantly done, catchy, and even enjoyable to a parent's ear -- even after the 12th time you've heard it this month. :-)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2016
My daughter fell in love with Frozen after visiting Magic Kingdom.
on September 5, 2016
Who doesn't love Disney movies? Disney didn't disappoint again. We absolutely loved this movie! We ordered it and were able to watch it over and over again. Perfect for rainy day when we couldn't go outside. This is a story about two sisters, Anna and Elsa. Elsa is "frozen" a girl who has ability or curse (as she sees it in the beginning) to freeze stuff. In the beginning Anna and Elsa are playing as sisters do, until Elsa accidentally uses her power. Their parents separate them in order to protect both of them from each other. And Anna's memories are erased so she wont remember Elsa's ability. They grow old. Anna is always wondering why Elsa doesn't want to play or spend time with her not knowing what had happened. Time comes for the town to name Elsa as the ruler of the town. Anna pushes Elsa to the edge by asking about the past and Elsa uses her ability and exposes herself. She runs away. Anna follows her. Elsa again uses power on Anna. Anna returns home. Long story short... In the end Elsa and Anna live together. :)
on June 30, 2015
My young daughters love it, of course. I also think it's an improvement over previous Disney storylines in that it highlights sibling love rather than romantic love and the hero is a female character. The kids love Elsa and her magic the best, and I hope in the inevitable sequels Disney makes Else into a sort of female superhero role model--I'd like to see her be a better character now that all the young kids (especially young girls) love her and want to be her.

Having said that, Disney could do better in many ways, especially in the way it draws female characters. The scene where Elsa changes her clothes and model-walks out the door is ridiculous, gratuitous, and offensive. And the movie didn't need the romantic love at the end.

There is also some subtle irony and humor that I appreciated as an adult. The movie is deep enough to sustain reflection and conversation. The musical scenes were only so-so; not up to the Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast musical standard.