Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

19,783
Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 17,005 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,783 reviews
on March 18, 2016
I am giving this movie five stars for my kids who adore it, the artistry, the characters and the music........ Now for the plot, me personally... I don't understand what Elsa's big problem is. Locking her away because she can freeze stuff and can't control it, was wrong and a waste of her power. It just shows the lack of faith King Agnarr and Queen Iduna had in their own Kingdom. Instead of giving the people of Arendelle a reason to become scientific innovators and invent ways to stabilize Elsa's powers and possibly even ways to harness her own power and become a resource to her own Kingdom of Arendelle! So I would have made different choices, but i'll let it go.
on August 10, 2014
For a movie made by coldblooded machines, not artists, it isn't that bad. It looks pristine, the colors are alarmingly bright, the images stunningly perfect, flawless, impersonal, frosty, entirely without the human element, exactly what you'd expect from a computer. I do like this movie; it's just that I grew up watching Disney animation done by genuine artists. Somehow, they were more relatable, more personal, real. CGI movies tend to look plastic, mass produced, cold.
I gave it an A - because it is practically perfect. My favorite characters are Olaf and Sven. My least favorite character is the Duke of Weselton (an unnecessary villain relegated to a couple of scenes as plot demands); his presence feels arbitrary. I'm also not crazy about the Disney people continuing with that alarming practice of making movies that kill off one or both parents. At this point, it feels like an agenda. It's also more than a little weird that the story promotes isolationism and that children who are deemed different should hide their differences, conceal don't feel. Neither are particularly healthy views worth promoting.
I loved the music so I had to buy the CD.
This film has a lot of charm and humor to offset that it is overly girly and not a little grisly (the humongous snow monster and the duplicitous Hans).
on April 11, 2016
My daughter LOVES this movie. And I should say, if you have kids, you know how they watch movies they like over and over and over again until the tape wears out or the dvd player gives out. So as a parent, I know what I look for in a movie. Do I want to watch this one billion and a half times. Well, I've watched this twice that much and I'm still ok with it. Am I tired of it? Of course I am. But do I still occasionally laugh at it still and enjoy watching my daughter sing along and dance with it, you bet your icey behind I do. Great movie to own. Period.

This product was provided to me at a discount in exchange for my honest review. Which means, this opinion is 100% my own and not the result of a head injury or alien mind control. Though I got a great deal, I'm not beholden to anyone to write an awesome review. I was in no way compensated for what you have just read. I pride myself in being as honest and as objective as possible. I want to assure you that I've tested this product out thoroughly and everything I write in my reviews, be it good or bad, is my 100% honest opinion about the product. No animals were harmed in the making of this review. If you like my review, I like you back. If you want me to like you even more or if my review saved your life or your marriage or something cool like that, feel free to click the little button saying my review was helpful. Thank you. @Chyld
on May 3, 2014
if you are one of the 15 people worldwide who have not yet seen this movie then………..

let me start by saying i have 3 children and they all LOVE this movie.
let me continue by saying that the 2 adults in the family also LOVE this movie. ok. so maybe their daddy doesn't LOVE it, but he certainly tolerates it with a smile and doesn't run screaming from the room each time it is played -- and it is played a lot.

why, you may be asking yourself, is there such a hullabaloo about this flick? why the multibillion dollar buzz??
well…..because the script is good, the animation crisp and lovely, the songs so catchy you can't help but sing along, the characters are great, and most importantly, OLAF!! yes, that wacky looking snowman is so damn funny he, in my opinion, makes the movie. his lines are hysterical. the girls, of course, love Elsa and Ana -- and act out their songs and scenes. the trolls, the reindeer (Sven), and even the Duke of Weasletown are all wonderful moments.
and this mama loves the message: you don't need a man to save you. you need to be kind and generous and loving towards others -- that will save you. AND, OF COURSE, YOU DON'T MARRY A MAN YOU JUST MET!!!! oh dear god please make sure THAT one sinks in!! ;-) lol

order the movie. watch it. then watch it again. like a fine wine things only get better. the songs and characters more familiar. and the funny one liners by Olaf somehow get funnier.

all around a great job by disney.
$$ well spent.

enjoy!
on April 1, 2014
I have never ever pre-ordered a movie before, let alone a Disney movie. I have done my best to keep my 4 year-old away from the Disney princesses. The idea that a woman is redeemed and her life is validated when she marries her 'true love' is so demeaning to women. Additionally, the 'culture' of the Disney princess with the dresses & shoes & makeup &...on & on...is just sickening.

The idea in this movie that the 'true love' is the love between sisters was wonderful to me (especially as a mother to 2 daughters...a blond & a redhead!). The act of true love is the sacrifice of Ana's life for her sister. So beautiful. She is running towards the man she loves, but turns to save her true love, her sister. This act of true love saves her life.

I also love a line in the scene with the trolls when they are explaining that Kristof is a "bit of a fixer upper." The troll Bulda sings, "We're not saying you change him...people make bad choices if they're mad, or scared, or stressed. Throw a little love their way." I appreciate that there is a message of acceptance in this film. Neither Ana or Kristof needs to be changed. They need to be challenged to improve upon themselves and the one who loves them helps them on that journey.

The only negative I have of this film is the fact that Ana and Kristof do fall in love & have their 'true love's kiss'. Is it wrong to imagine a world in which a Disney princess does not fall in love at the end of the movie? One can wish... My daughter has requested a Kristof doll to go with her Ana doll so they can get married. Sigh...

But, at the end of the day, I am grateful that my 4 year-old has this movie of a strong bond between sisters. That truly is true love.
on March 21, 2014
When I heard all the hype about Frozen I was really looking forward to seeing the movie. Circumstances lept me out of the theater, but I pre-ordered the Blu-ray and DVD set from Amazon and watched it when it arrived at my home. The set itself is exactly waht you would expect. . . a nice case with a couple of discs inside. The movie has many of hte hallmarks of a typiucal Disney animated film (I won't spoil the plot here), but I didn't find it to be as moving or poigniant as many have been in the past. All I will say about the plot is that it seems to pick up on three or four common Disney themes (sacrifice for the common good, sibling bonds, ugly duckling love interests where the "rough around the edges" guy turns out to be "the one"), but it doesn't really break any new ground.

The setting is excellent, and the attention to detail in things like clothing, the animations of snow and ice and the aurora borealis make the move really visually stunning at times. The characters range from serious to goofy and there are a good number of puns and gags that made me laugh. The music was also a little disappointing. The excellent song "Let It Go" is featured prominently, but the rest of the songs carry much less intesity and seem to disappear by the midway point of the film. The second half has far fewer songs. I doubt that many people will find themselves humming other songs from the film after a couple of viewings.

Overall, I think four stars is fair based on my view of the excellent technical merit of the animation, which is hampered to some extent by a plot that seemed thin and not overly original and musical content that relies too much on one stand-out song to carry through an entire feature.
on April 26, 2014
Excellent movie, lots of fun. A slight departure from Disney's normal princess movie...

If you pay attention, you will notice the same theme applies to EVERYTHING in the movie - Elsa's frozen heart is the subject of all of the songs, right from the beginning, the main focal point of the whole movie. Not intended to be a spoiler, but even Olaf and Marshmallow are the personifications of the two opposing sentiments in Elsa's heart..."i like warm hugs" - something she could not do but longed and ached for, and "go away and never come back" - something she felt she had to do to protect everyone else ("go away Anna" in the snowman song).

The interesting hidden part of the movie is that it exposes that Anna had a frozen heart too - which comes out eventually ("why are you always shutting everyone out?"). Her bitterness toward her sister at being shut out is subtle, but visible, and fits very well into the whole movie theme.

I think the movie also gives a balanced view of the parents - loving, caring, unsure of what to do, and fairly exposes that maybe they didn't handle things right, but without making them look like either buffoons or ogres.

I only wish they had an additional 30 seconds, maybe a minute, of interaction between the sisters at the climax near the end of the movie. A few more seconds of Elsa coming to grips with what the meaning of the act of love was, what love really was for that matter, and what that meant for her to be able to let people in again (since they spent so much time showing you how she was scared and kept people out)...just for balance...would have made this movie perfect.
on September 5, 2015
A great kids film that the parents won't mind sitting through. A nice change from the typical Disney film where the girl gets a boyfriend. For once it is (Idina Menzel) the love of family that saves her. For once the girl is not a damsel in distress but the queen. Born with magical powers of snow and ice Elsa accidentally hurts her sister Anna (Kristen Bell) and fears herself. Loosing her parents when their ship sinks, Else hides who she is when her secret is revealed she turns he kingdom into the Arctic and it is up to her sister to bring her back before her kingdom is stolen. Anna is aided by a reindeer named Sven, Kristoff and everyone's favorite snowman Olaf.
on April 4, 2014
Frozen is Disney at it's best. It's been a few years and I'm glad to see the studio going back to what works well for them. Why did they stop putting great music into their animated films? I won't go over the plot, many good reviews have already done that. I will say, (especially with my Blu-ray copy), the picture is clear and wonderful to look at. The computer animation is dazzling. The story is a great change of pace. It's the story about the bond between two sisters and the love they have for each other. In addition, these two women aren't your typical Disney "Damsels in Distress." They may make a few poor choices, but in the end, they aren't the victims but actually the heroes. And for once, the message isn't that you have to find your prince, but that you can do whatever you wish to, (with a little hard work) and be who you are. It's a simple message and a great one, all wrapped up in a magical, musical, visually stunning package. Don't worry about the hype, it's a fun movie and a great ride!
on June 11, 2016
Like most people who will probably buy this movie, I have a 2-year old daughter who will not shut up about Frozen. We ended up renting this movie so many times on Amazon, we could have bought it twice over already, so we finally did. Amazon's streaming quality is more than acceptable, it's easy to access in a flash for parents like us and play over and over and over and over again.

To be honest, I'm surprised the suggested pairings to this movie aren't a pair of earplugs. Don't get me wrong, it's a great story. We've just seen it about 5,000 times now. But...the toddler digs it and it doesn't drive my 8-year old son crazy. Win-win. If we had bought stock in this movie, I probably could have retired comfortably this year just from our rentals alone...