Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,224 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,718 reviews
on May 4, 2011
I am a classically trained and currently employed sous chef working at a large hotel in down town Seattle.
I deal with pots and pans and kitchen equipment every day, all day. I was looking for a nice "non stick" pan to do light duty at my aspartment. I use cast iron pans for the majority of my domestic cooking, but I really like to stir fry noodles and wanted a pan that would be safe (teflon is no good!!!) and quick to heat and clean. After hours of scouring the internet to find "just the right pan" I settled on this one. Out of the box It looks great and has a pretty decent heft and balance to it. The problem is food sticks to the pan, I mean big time sticking. I could not even flip my noodles in the pan because it sticks. I rarely write reviews, but I always read them before making an internet purchase. I was compeled to today because I have had it. This afternoon I took out my pan, cleaned it in warm water and soap and wiped it clean with a paper towel. I slid my fingers along the inside of the pan and was pleased to encounter a smooth and appealing surface. I heated my pan on medium heat (manufacturer recomends this) I placed a small amount of olive oil in the pan( manufactuter recomends this), I broke open two eggs and planed to eat two eggs sunny side up with a nice flat iron steak((already cooked under the broiler). I slid in my eggs and heard a nice sizzle, yum, I love crispy, gooey eggs, waited about thirty seconds and then becan to manipulate the eggs in the pane...........not gonna happen, they stuck so bad, I had to make scrambled eggs. I removed my disapointing eggs from the pan and was shocked at what was left in, a full 3 to 5 percent of my eggs were stuck completly to the inside surface of the pan. I thought this was supposed to be a non stick pan. My only other course to follow next time would be to spray the pan with vegeline(pan spray) and then try to fry me up some eggs that way. Bottom line I would not buy this pan again and would not give it as a gift, me being a chef and gifting this item would in my opinion lower my credability as a culinarian.
Peace and hair grease!!!
2121 comments| 547 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2016
I don't cook with artificial non-stick sprays and primarily use olive oil, coconut oil, coconut aminos and occasionally butter, and want to get away from Teflon pans because I am concerned about the safety of Teflon. I also tend to research products a lot, and read a lot of reviews before I settle on what to buy. I have to say, I am so happy with this pan and I also bought the lid: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QCL672/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They are both such high quality and beautiful to look at. Some things do stick, especially if you do not stir enough (silicone and plastic only!), such as egg whites, but once the pan cools, it is super easy to clean with dish soap and a sponge. I read the guidelines and instructions carefully and do not put the heat too high either - I have found that this pan gets hotter than other non-ceramic ones that I own. It also came with a felt pad to protect the inside when not in use.

I love the 10" pan so much that I also just purchased the 8" pan for making eggs/omelettes. It is also amazing. I use a little bit of ghee, butter, olive oil or coconut oil and nothing sticks, has been working perfectly.
on July 15, 2011
I hate to be the few that give this cute item 1 star.
But it is true that this pan functioned well for only 2 days, 4 meals. After that, it started to stick everything!!
Believe me, i read its user guide more than 10 times before and after i started to use it, so many time that i can even repeat it without looking at it.
i even checked all the reviews on Amazon, making sure i got all the information i need to treat it right.
But sadly, it just sticks.
22 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This frying pan has quickly become my favorite, everyday frying pan! Whether you are looking to cut back on oil, trying to eat healthier or just want an amazing non-stick pan, then this Ozeri frying pan has you covered.
The frying pan has nice high sides making it perfect for almost any cooking need. I love to make spaghetti and I can easily brown my beef in the skillet and have plenty of room to add the sauce and noodles!
The non-stick is so fantastic that you may find yourself annoyed at first, lol I know the first time I tried frying eggs, it seemed I had to chase my eggs around the pan to flip them but once you get the hang of how amazingly slick this pan is, you'll never use another frying pan.
I used maybe a dime size of olive oil when frying my eggs and it was more than enough. Ozeri even included a protective pad to protect the frying pan when stacking pans together, which I am guilty of but not anymore, I learned my lesson ruining another frying pay by stacking. I am so happy with this frying pan that I am ordering the lid!
review image
on January 31, 2011
I loved this pan. I had seen infomercials for a similar ceramic pan and wanted to try it but the reviews for that pan indicated all sorts of shenanigans in the ordering process for that product. Naturally I came to Amazon to look for a comparable product. It is a heavy duty pan. It has an induction friendly base so that you can cook on an induction cooktop. Best of all it's ceramic coating performs as advertised. It is simply the best non-stick pan I have ever owned.

Update: Joy turns to sadness and I'm left wondering why. After several months of happy use, the outstanding non-stick performance suddenly ceased. I have always hand-washed the pan and it NEVER saw the inside of the dishwasher. It was extremely sad to see my favorite pan of all time go bad for no apparent reason! The surface looks fine. I tried to "condition" the pan with oil and heat to no avail. I will be looking for another ECO product that lasts. I guess we'll always have Paris...
1212 comments| 340 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I recently invested in a counter-top induction burner DUXTOP 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner 8100MC to supplement my gas stove, and I've been gradually adding some new induction-friendly pots and pans to supplement my cast aluminum. I'm single, so I don't usually cook large amounts of stuff. I found the perfect small wok Joyce Chen J22-0020 Pro Chef 9.5 Inch Peking Pan with Excalibur Non-stick coating, but I needed a small skillet or two.

Decided to try the Ozeri Green Earth 8" pan, and I'm so glad I did. I received it several weeks ao, and I've been using it 2-3 times per week. I wanted to give it a fair trial before posting a review. So far, I've made eggs several ways (scrambled, omelet, over easy), fried potatoes with caramelized onions, pork chops, burger, and sautéed chicken w/ white wine and artichokes, all on the induction burner.

The pan has performed beautifully. I had to be careful with the setting on the burner (lower than I expected) to avoid scorching, but once I got the hang of it, it has been fine. Clean up is a breeze: a quick rinse and swish, then towel dry, and it's ready for action again.

The nonstick surface is the best I've seen, super slick, and it's showing no signs of wear or deterioration. I've read some of the negative reviews, and all I can figure is that they received a product with perhaps a manufacturing defect of some kind.

I'm planning to order the 10" size for those times when I cook for company. Now, the search for the perfect saucepan begins!

UPDATE: I purchased the 10" a couple of months ago, and still have the 8". Both are performing well. I use the 8" more often -- 3-4 times a week, and still no sign of the problems other reviewers have written about. The 10" I use maybe once a week, so it doesn't get as much of a workout. The nonstick is still super slick. Will update again if I start noticing any issues.
VINE VOICEon June 22, 2012
I have been reading about the "dangers" of teflon coatings and about the new nanoceramic coated pans such as this one. I decided to try this one based on the reviews. I just got it, so as of the time of the review, it works beautifully. No sticking, browns evenly and well, and love the green apple color. The pan is a good weight and seems well constructed. In that regard, I am very pleased. I cannot speak for the longevity.

However, as bad as teflon is being made out to be, I did some research on nanoceramics and nanotechnology. It appears that this new technology is not being monitored or regulated by the government or manufacturers. Apparently nanoparticles may act entirely different than their larger sized relatives--and nobody knows what the outcomes of this may be. I am not excited about what nanoparticles may be doing in my food anymore than I am about teflon. I think I will use my stainless and cast iron most of the time and the nonstick pan for items such as eggs and fish, which I don't cook as much of. Read up on nanotechnology and you will see what I mean.
on February 12, 2012
Update: 2 months later

So finally I found some time today to update my review here. This pan turned out to be a big disappointment. I can't believe this pan gave up despite the best care. I really wanted it to last, especially because of its PTFE, PFOA free claims. I followed each and every instruction by the manufacturer very carefully. I think I made my whole cooking experience a big inconvenience because I was more worried about the pan than the food. Despite all that, I could not prevent it from going sticky within the first month (thankfully before the warranty period ended). I even tried cleaning it with vinegar as they recommended, nothing worked.

Returned it!
-----------
So I received this non-stick frying pan a few days back and I am amazed at how good this is. It just doesn't look pretty but works well too.

It's heavy (always a good sign) and very sturdy. Food does not stick but I recommend using some oil. A slight layer of oil that stays behind can be quickly washed out with vinegar. Looks very promising and I am loving it.
on February 7, 2014
I Was nervous ordering the Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri but I desperately needed a new pan that wasn't going to emit toxic chemicals into my food and slowly kill me. Following the directions I seasoned the pan, let it cool down, and started cooking. Cooks evenly and the nonstick is nonstick so I am a happy camper. I've also been using it religiously (3-5 times a week) for around 8 months now and I have not noticed any changes in the pan or the nonstick properties. The color of the pan is a little goofy but I don't mind.

UPDATE: I used this gingerly and washed properly and it still only lasted about a year from once a week use. TERRIBLE.
on January 22, 2016
It works perfectly as a non stick surface... I use it primarily for pancakes and eggs. I'd give it 5 stars, but the coating is too delicate. I took it with us on a camping trip. I separated it with a towel from a pan stacked on top of it. The top of the handle area of this pot rubbed against the handle rivets of the pan handle staked on top of it. Over the commute in my SUV from home to the camp site, the rounded rivets wore right through the non stick finish. Protect the finish if ever stacking. Do not use metal utensils on any non stick finish... especially this one.