Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
- Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Fstoppers Flash Disc (FS FlashDisc) Portable Speedlight Softbox
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Folds up small enough to fit in your pocket, purse, or any camera bag
- Grey card on back will help set exposure and white-balance
- Fits all speedlights by all manufacturers
- Slim design makes it easy to hand-hold or use with a light stand
- Great for weddings, portraits, product photography, studio work, and event photography
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Fstoppers Flash Disc is a portable light modifier created by Fstoppers founders Patrick Hall and Lee Morris. When used on top of small DSLR speedlight flashes, the Flash Disc creates soft directional light that is perfect for situations when a large softbox is either impractical or obtrusive. Unlike other light modifiers, the Flash Disc uses bounced light to create a softer light than similar products the same size. Measuring just under 12" in diameter, the Flash Disc can easily fold down and fit into a small 4" pouch making it easy to carry with you at all times. Whether you shoot events, weddings, table top products, food and beverages, children, or simply enjoy traveling with minimal photo gear, the Flash Disc is the perfect modifier to soften up the harsh light from your speedlights.
Top customer reviews
1. It must significantly soften the light on the subject
2. It must be designed to direct the light forward only, like a softbox, and not in all directions
3. Its design must facilitate on-camera use, yet not be heavy or unwieldy
4. It must not block the focus-assist beam of the flash
5. It must be easy to install and take off, and reliably stay in place while in use
6. Build-quality and ruggedness must be acceptable.
The flash disc has delivered on all of these criteria, and I am perfectly satisfied that this is money well spent. I was testing it in a large room and found out that the shadow of my subject is greatly softened, such that even the side-shadow produced by turning the camera to portrait mode is essentially a non-factor under the conditions of that test. I wasn't expecting that! I have only had it a few days, so can't say anything about durability, but I give it 5 stars nonetheless.
In a simple test, I put the flash disc and flash on a light stand, and remotely triggered the flash, photographing the event. I was thus able to generate photos showing that the top half of the flash disc was where most of the light was coming from, as predicted by the product's design. In an attempt to fill more of the disc with light, I played with the zoom settings on the flash head.
I found out that the 14mm wide angle setting did the best job of filling more of the flash disc, and theoretically producing the softest light. Predictably, the 14mm setting also produced the least amount of light from the flash disc. The setting that produced the most light, as measured by a light meter, was the 35mm setting, with the 24mm setting being a reasonable compromise between efficiency and light spread, in my view.
For me there are lots of PROs, in that the flash disc met the six criteria listed above. The major CON: my light meter tells me the flash disc reduces flash output by three stops or more. Was hoping for less, but there certainly are ways to get around this. This is one purchase that won't be returned, or go unused.
Compact, so you never have to leave home without it!
Large enough opening to fit just about any flash my friends and I have tried it on.
It is not a replacement for whatever ~professional~ lighting situation you might use. It is a $50 tool to help you make the best of your situation on the go! However, I do like to use it an awful lot :)
Lesson learned. They got me once but never again!
Most recent customer reviews
And I can't close to put it in own case because don't have instruction inside.