"...will be successful in providing a wealth of valuable information in a format that will lead newcomers to the subject to a good understanding of fuel cells and fuel cell systems." (Journal of Power Sources, 2000)
"...can be recommended for all seeking a working background of this ongoing technology." (Measurement and Control, October 2000)
"...fulfills its title splendidly." (IEE Review, November 2000)
"Its practical approach must commend it strongly" (Aslib Book Guide, October 2000)
"I think this is an excellent book which every applied thermodynamicist should read." (Journal of Power Energy, Vol 215, 2001)
"....essential guide to the principles, designs and application of fuel cell systems." (European Power Electronics & Drives Journal, September 2001)
"...focused primarily towards those individuals who would like to quickly learn about fuel cells, and perhaps be able to contribute this evolving technology." (IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, Vol. 18, No. 2, March/April 2002)
From the Back Cover
* Foreword by Gary Acres formerly of Johnson Matthey plc, UK.
* A clear overview of fuel cell operation and thermodynamics.
* Comparative analysis of the solutions offered by all major fuel cell types.
* Up-to-date coverage of Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) cells.
* An exposition of the methods for processing fuel cell fuels, and storing hydrogen, for both mobile and static applications.
* Coverage of the complete fuel cell power system, including compressors, turbines, and the electrical and electronic sub-systems, including regulators, inverters, grid inter-ties, electric motors and hybrid fuel cell/battery systems.