Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 29, 2016
I was pretty happy with the look of this film, especially with a roll I shot in the late-winter with snow and overcast weather. It was well suited to the winter cabin vibe I was going for and I enjoy the colors. I've attached a few scans from a local lab.
review image review image
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 7, 2014
I keep coming back to this film. I just uploaded a bunch of images shot with this film and developed in my little bathroom photo lab. They look great! I'm a Fuji fanboy, I'll admit, but I've shot many different types of film(different brands, different formats,)and X-TRA 400 always makes me the happiest!
11 comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 9, 2017
Bought this to go with an older camera I gave away and I'm sure Fujifilm didn't let that person down. It's a good film for outdoor use if you still use a film camera.
on July 26, 2016
Some of us still have old model cameras that use real film -- hate to let them go to wast and had to order some film as I could not find it locally. May never be able to get it developed but we'll see.
on March 27, 2017
I miss the days when film was cheaper and developing was even cheaper. Good price seems I have to have it.
on October 8, 2017
Worked great in little camera my daughter has! Can't wait to see how the pictures come out!
on November 14, 2017
Good classic film. Had no problem using it and developing it with an old Nikon FG film camera.
on December 27, 2016
This film is great for the price. The colors are vivid, and they have a very nice softness to them. There is a nice amount of grain as well, which I personally like. My only gripe is that the film is very sensitive to green.
on October 14, 2017
Excellent Product Great Price Fast Shipping Best deal on the internet
on April 11, 2014
Will you get better quality out of Velvia? Heck yeah. Will it be cheaper to develop Tri-X on your own if you have access to a darkroom and supplies? Of course.

But can you really beat dusting off an old film camera or buying a new one, popping a cheap roll of this into it, and then going to town with some friends or on vacation or around town, sending it in, then looking at the prints with a new appreciation for what happens immediately before, during, and after you press the shutter button?
Heck no.
So, this cheap little film will always be one of the first things I recommend to my photographer friends. You can find it anywhere, they still make it in bulk, it's cheap and effective and fun.