Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on April 8, 2012
Great price for this film here on Amazon. I normally buy my film from freestyle photo supply but they were out.
I've used all the major brand names, Ilford Deltas / FP4 HP5 Pan F 50, Kodak tmax and tri-X(my least favorite) Efke, Rollei, Arista and various other black and white film. I think the only other film that even comes close to the sharpness of Acros is ilford FP4. Hardly ever any fogging if processed correctly. Even the 35mm size negatives are amazing quality.
Acros Neopan is by far the best film I've used. I develop it myself and used various kinds of developer though I will let you in on a little secret: Use Kodak TMAX DEVELOPER!! uber fine grain, strikingly sharp edges and a sweet contrast you won't find with other films. How is Acros cheaper than Ilford film? I don't know.
I scan my negatives with a Canoscan 9000f so I know with certainty how fine the grain is.

example:
[...]
on February 14, 2013
5-stars and it's my second favorite B&W film?

You betcha!

My first favorite is Ilford PANF 50. Since I can't give six stars for that... and five for this, it's 5 for both.

This is a more forgiving film compared to the PANF 50 -- though both are VERY forgiving. Great gradation in the grays and tonality all around. LOVE this stuff.
on October 23, 2015
Just another amateur wannabe photographer who likes medium format. I really like this film. Not much to compare it to but it suits me fine for detail, resolution and shadow. I really like the 'vintage' look and ambiance that b&w provides. Ansel Adams I'm not but I aspire to decent landscape wall art stuff with my Pentax 645nii, 45 prime AF and 45-85 AF. Love the effect of this film
on May 25, 2015
Fantastic images in the darkroom from this film! Only wish it would lay flatter...and perhaps the base not so thin.
on August 11, 2017
good deal on 5 rolls
on February 13, 2013
Acros is a great film for detailed images, especially when paired with a developer like XTOL. However, we careful to meter for the highlights which are very easy to blow out. If you don't trust yourself, use Ilford FP4+ which is more forgiving.
on March 23, 2013
I use this film in a mamiya rb67 pro... which is the original 67. I find that this film delivers great density, and tonal range. I'd like to mention that it has a super fine grain... which, if developed correctly can also give you a grainy look if that's what you're looking for (akin to tri-x) or if you develop say d79 1:1... it will give you fine detail like (tmax-although t max is a t grain film)... Fuji did a great job with this film.I recommend it...
on October 20, 2016
Very fine grain and fast to develop, also no worries about reciprocity. Great product
on September 10, 2014
Excellent film, the very best in tones and reciprocity. I use several brands of cameras, from pin holes to Hasselblad, and this has far less grain than Kodak Tmax100, and slightly better tonal response than Delta 100.
on February 6, 2017
One of the best film.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.