Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Fujinon XF35mmF1.4 R" and save 23% off the $599.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3-Year Multi-Device Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Plan covers all electronics purchased (Mobile Phones Excluded) within 12 months of purchase of the plan
- Click on "Learn More" or see below to view the full list of products covered
- Eligible products are covered for 3 years from the purchase of the plan with $1000 in total claim benefits
- Protects against drops, spills, and cracks immediately, and mechanical breakdown after the manufacturer's warranty expires
- $0 deductible. Cancel anytime. See full Terms and Conditions for details
Fujinon XF35mmF1.4 R
|Price:||$599.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 35mm F1.4 Lens (53mm Equivalent)
- 8 Elements in 6 Groups (Inc. 1 Asph. Element)
- Angle of view - 44.2 Degrees
- Filter Size 52mm
- Focus range Approx. 28cm - ∞, Max. magnification 0.17x
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
A high-performance standard lens with incredible definition, even when shooting wide open. This lens delivers images with amazing clarity, even with the aperture wide open at F1.4. All the lens groups are shifted together during focusing to minimize aberration changes whether working close-up or at infinity. This unique design delivers images in which the focus is blended with smooth bokeh in out of focus areas. Offering a focal length equivalent to 53mm in the 35mm film format, it is a must-have optic for all X-Series owners.
Type: XF35mmF1.4 R
Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups (includes 1 aspherical element)
Focal length: f=35mm
35mm format equivalent: 53mm
Angle of view: 44.2°
Max. aperture: F1.4
Min. aperture: F16
Number of of blades : 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
Stop size : 1/3EV (22 stops)
Focus range: Approx. 28cm - ∞
Max. magnification: 0.17x
External dimensions: ø65.0mm x 54.9mm
Weight (excluding caps and hoods): Approx. 187g
Filter size: ø52mm
|Aperture Control Design||Includes aperture ring|
|Compatible Mountings||Fujifilm X|
|Item Dimensions||2.56 x 2.56 x 2.17 inches|
|Item Display Weight||600 grams|
|Item Weight||0.41 pounds|
|Lens Type||Prime lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.28 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F1.4|
|Maximum Focal Length||35 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||APS-C / DX|
|Minimum Focal Length||35 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7|
|Number of Elements||8|
|Number of Groups||6|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||52 mm|
|Shipping Weight||1.15 pounds|
|Style Name||Lens Only|
Compare to similar items
This item Fujinon XF35mmF1.4 R
Fujinon XF 23mm F1.4 R
Fujinon XF56mmF1.2 R
Fujinon XF16mmF1.4 R WR
Fujinon XF18mmF2 R
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Fujifilm X||Fujifilm X||Fujifilm X||Fujifilm X||Fujifilm X||Fujifilm X|
|Item Dimensions||2.56 x 2.17 x 2.56 in||2.83 x 2.48 x 2.83 in||2.87 x 2.76 x 2.87 in||2.4 x 0.91 x 2.4 in||2.87 x 2.87 x 2.87 in||2.56 x 1.61 x 2.56 in|
|Item Weight||6.6 ounces||0.66 lb||0.89 lb||2.75 ounces||0.83 lb||4.09 ounces|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||35 millimeters||23 millimeters||56 millimeters||27 millimeters||16 millimeters||18 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||35 millimeters||23 millimeters||56 millimeters||27 millimeters||16 millimeters||18 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||52 millimeters||62 millimeters||62 millimeters||39 millimeters||67 millimeters||52 millimeters|
X-Pro1 35mm F1.4 Lens
Top customer reviews
BTW, the attached photo was taken, by mistake, at 2500 ISO. But you can't even tell! Love this camera and this lens!
It's tack sharp at f/1.4 and only gets sharper stopping down. Very minimal chromatic aberration in really high contrast scenes and non-existent in pretty much everything else. Out of focus areas have a very pleasing smoothness.
Wonderful. Lightweight yet a fully solid metal construction. The focus ring is drive by wire but on my copy it's buttery smooth. The aperture ring has a pleasing click in 1/3 stops to it. Just the right bit of firmness at full stops and slightly softer in between. Size is just right.
Some areas that have bothered others and my take:
• the lens is loud... it's not loud but you can certainly hear the feel the motor working. It's not a super silent lens but doesn't kill the moment.
• the lens hood makes using it with filters impossible... NO IT DOESN'T. Put the filter on before the hood. All of my Hoya filters work just fine this way
• the rubber lens cap is useless... it pretty much is. It's always falling off when I pull my camera from my bag. I don't use a lens cap with this lens anymore, though. I leave the lens hood on and it's always ready to shoot.
• the AF is terrible... the autofocus is not terrible. It's mid-range for Fuji. With the current firmware updates, this lens is pretty darn good in good light. Even in bad light you'll get solid focus, but you need some contrast on the subject or something nearby to nail it. It's more the Fuji cameras on this area. As they improve I bet the capabilities of this lens will show more.
Negative reviews addressed:
AF Noise - The AF noise is not that bad. Based on some of the reviews I thought it was going to be noisy, inaccurate and just all around lousy and this has not been my experience. I can hear it, but it locks on fairly quickly and I hardly notice the little amount of noise it makes (just a faint clicking while it locks on). Now maybe if I was shooting a wedding in a church and I needed absolute silence this might become a factor, but that isn't the case for me. Come on people this is a magnificent lens! Stop giving products 1 star because it isn't 100% perfect (what product is?). This almost deterred me from this lens and I'm glad I went with my gut and purchased it anyways.
AF Hunting - The AF does hunt a little (especially in low light), but it's still perfectly acceptable for every day photography. Heck I can get it to lock onto stars in the night sky! I don't have the F2 lens so I can't directly compare, but I really can't complain about it hunting too much. That being said I don't shoot much action photography so that might be an issue for sports and such I just can't say one way or another.
Conclusion: If you are on the fence about this lens for everyday photography purposes you won't be disappointed. Quite the contrary, you will be wowed by Fujinon's meticulous attention to detail in all of their products. This lens deserves every single star I rated it.
I've seen reviews that the new Fuji 35mm f2 lens is faster, quieter and sharper (and also cheaper) than the f1.4..... but since it's an f2 lens, it's a stop slower than the f1.4. I want that extra stop of light so I went with the f1.4 lens. I've been playing around with it for the last few days and wow, just blown away with how pretty the images are coming out. I've been shooting it at f1.4 (wide-open) and it's just awesome! If you've got the extra money and you need that extra stop of light - give it a try!
Most recent customer reviews
Super sharp! Light weight! small footprint! and faster.Read more