Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 120 reviews
on November 24, 2014
I got this camera because I was walking in the oceanside with my Fuji Z100 when I lost my balance and fell. My Z100 was underwater and had met its demise. I had to replace it. I always took my Z100 when I traveled because it is so small an easy to carry, but also because it takes great photos. So I bought the Z90 and am happy with it, just as with my Z100. The Z90 takes fabulous photos outdoors in full sunlight and passable photos indoors. Just as many cameras, taking photos indoors where there is less light, the photos are not as good,, but this little camera does am admirable job and even at night. I often use the feature where when you press the shutteer button it will take two photos - one with flash and one without. You can choose later which one to keep. I love that I can easily carry this with me and get great photos.
on November 7, 2014
Amazing camera. The body build is sturdy- not cheap plastic like a lot of point and shoots. I had a Z30 I bought in 2009 that I used up until this month that still takes better pictures after years of use and abuse than most people's 15 megapixel new cameras. I got this camera because it was a Z series and I just wanted to see how much had changed. It is even better, with more megapixels, and the body feels like it will hold up better than it did on the Z30 whose paint had begun to chip off (but that was after 5 years of constant trips to the river/tubing, sweat from being carried in my bra throughout bar nights which included spilled drinks, dropping, being carried loose in my purse, etc). The bodies on these cameras will stop on you before the great picture quality does! These cameras are great, and I will buy the Z series Fujifilm for as long as they sell them (I have tried other series twice and didn't have the quality this one does). You can put this thing up against your eye with flash on in macro mode and see every slight detail in the color of your eye in sharp clarity. Take a close up of a bug and you will see the texture of its wings better than with your eyes. Buy it, you won't regret it.
on September 11, 2011
So far I'm thrilled w/ this camera. I wanted a touch screen- rechargeable battery- digital camera for not a lot of benjermins. 2 of my famlily memebers have older Fuji digital cameras & love them. So after I dropped my Polaroid digital - I chose the Fuji camera. So far whats bothered me w/this camera are: 1)- you have to take the battery out & charge it I was expecting just a cord to recharge it ( like my other family members have)
2) the location of the lens- my finger - until you get used to it- was always in a pic.
3)you do need to read the user's manuel 1st. there is so much put into this camera.
It fits perfectly in a pocket and purse..
I do recommend this camera for 1st timers. It is easy to handle & doesn't take a rocket sceintist to understand it. The picture quality to me is good although I admit I haven't developed any of my pics yet but does any one do that any more? I just downloaded them and sent them out. I took some out side & in doors and was satisfied.
on December 7, 2011
We have been beating up cameras that have the lens pop out when you turn it on. We bought this one because the lens does not have to popout to take a picture. The cover that is manually pulled over the lens to shut off the camera is fairly robust. The camera has most of the basic features. The large touch screen viewer is better than most. It takes OK pictures. Some of our pictures are taken on a tripod - so the 2 second timer on the shutter release is a good feature to minimize camera shake. The macro mode does not seem to allow you to get much closer to the object. I wish I could control either the F-stop or shutter speed in a semi-auto mode.

It fits good in almost any pocket and is well protected until you point and shoot. Don't expect DSLR results, but you can get good snap shots in places you might not take a DSLR.

The owners manual leaves a lot to be desired when you want to do some more advanced work. It uses a lot space making excuses for why a picture may not have come out. I guess that most people only break out the manual when something does not turn out like expected.
on December 27, 2011
My wife and I purchased this for my mom for Christmas, because the digital camera she was using was ten years old and the size of a brick.
I played around with this camera, so it would be set up and ready for her to use (she's not tech saavy in any way). The controls are fairly straight forward, although a little more in depth for someone who is looking for a simple to use camera. I'm up in the air about the touch screen feature, however it beats numerous buttons on the back, and allows for a larger screen (3 inch). The housing doesn't feel cheap, but the camera itself is light-weight and compact).
Al in all, I feel this will be a good camera for my mom, and that she will be able to get a lot of use out of it.

UPDATE:

So it's been a year since we bought this for my mom. We went over to their house for Christmas Eve this year, and she was still using it (the whole time we were there, I might add). I asked her how she liked it, and she said she loves it. As I figured (and mentioned in the original review), she said it is a little more feature-rich than she needs, but for someone looking for a decent little point-and-shoot, this seems to do the trick without any headaches.
on June 17, 2017
this camera is very poor quality. i purchased it in may for a trip to israel in june. i just returned from my trip very disappointed in this camera. it has a long rely, sometimes not even snapping a shot. other times it changed settings and took pictures all on its won! defective and i can not return it. stay away from this camera
on December 12, 2012
I bought this camera for a trip to Europe and it worked really really well. the video quality is pretty good and it automatically adjusts for the lighting in the area to take the best picture. i had the flash off most of the time, and if you try to take a really fast photo that way you can get some blurry photos, but in general they were pretty decent. if you're looking to take really fast pictures, you're probably better off with an iphone or an android camera because the quality is more consistantly good. if you're looking to take slightly fancier photos, artistic shots ect, this camera is pretty good for that. plus, because the lens doesn't have to come out, it turns on in only like 3 seconds and is ready to go and then ready to be stored pretty fast
on November 29, 2012
I have had this camera for a year and I'm so glad to finally be getting rid of it and upgrading to a Nikon 5100 DSLR. The Fuji Finepix has been a source of such frustration for me over the last year; I don't know why I kept it as long as I did. Any indoor video that I have taken is extremely dark and has a yellow-orange tint to it. The outdoor pictures seem to be fine but almost every indoor picture I have taken with this camera is a big disappointment. Does not perform well at all in indoor lighting even if I turn on every light and lamp in the room! Additionally, the camera has a slow start up and a long delay from the time I depress the button until the picture actually takes, which has caused me to miss many, many special moments with my baby over the last year (such as capturing cute little grins, and first moments). I would not recommend this camera at all.
on December 6, 2012
This is a good camera for the price, though I sent it back. I thought I'd be happy with a basic point and shoot, but this one just didn't do it for me. This camera does not work well in low light situations and had trouble keeping colors true. Indoor photos looked very yellow.

This is a good camera for the price point, but if you care about the quality of your photos I would recommend spending a little more and getting camera in a little higher price range. I sent this one back and purchased this one instead: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX50 16.2 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.7-inch LCD (Silver) (2012 Model) It is a bit more money but you won't regret it!
on July 17, 2011
Great camera. Easy to figure out the new features.

Only 2 things that I didn't expect when ordering it.

1) Battery is weak. Or the battery level displayed on the screen is incorrect. It could start with a full measure and then suddenly lower to a red alarm. I don't know what's wrong with it.

2) My laptop has a built-in SD card reader, and I used to be able to read the same card from my old camera. But now I am not able to read it. I think the file format on my new FUJI must be different, or something else.