From the Manufacturer
The JX500 camera features a 2.7" LCD screen that's been redesigned to be seen easier in sunlight when users are composing pictures or reviewing their shots. It also comes equipped with a 5x Fujinon optical zoom lens (26-130mm equivalent to a 35mm camera) with a powerful 14MP sensor designed to capture scenes packed with detail. Smile & Shoot and Blink Detection ensure that users never miss a memorable moment and as this camera has been re-engineered to lock focus on subjects in a shorter time than previous models, users are virtually guaranteed never to miss a shot that matters.
Fujifilm FinePix JX500 Highlights
Fujinon 5x Zoom Lens A high- quality Fujinon 5x zoom lens delivers picture-perfect results across the entire zoom range, from wide-angle compositions to dramatic close-up shots.
High Sensitivity ISO3200
With maximum sensitivity of ISO3200*, photos appear natural and more true to life even with limited available light. High sensitivity also stops the action of high-speed moving subjects.
*At ISO3200, number of recorded pixels is limited to maximum image size "S". At full resolution, sensitivity is limited to a maximum ISO1600.
Digital Image Stabilization
Automatically detects blurred subjects and instantaneously increases shutter speed to ensure crisp, sharp images.
HDTV-compatible Photos & Video
Able to capture both photos and movies in high-definition 16:9 format, the FinePix JX580 / JX500 lets you discover the impact of full-screen HDTV image display.
Capture high resolution images in 16:9 format (1280 x 720 pixels).
*Optional HD Player HDP-L1 is required.
One Touch Movie Recording Button
One Touch Movie Recording Button just for shooting movies! No settings. Just press, shoot, and enjoy the movie.
6 Scene SR AUTO
Framed scenes are automatically detected and selected into appropriate camera settings: Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Night Portrait, and Backlit Portrait.
- Portrait: Recognizes portraits by detecting the faces quickly in the frame and optimizing focus, brightness and white balance.
- Landscape: Scenic shots such as mountains and buildings are automatically recognized. Colors of the sky, forests, and flower fields are captured in vivid colors and depth.
- Night: For low-light and night-time scenarios, shutter speed and sensitivity are automatically adjusted, producing blur-free pictures with minimal noise.
- Macro: Macro mode sets the focusing position of the details of small flowers or tiny subjects accurately.
- Night Portrait: When photographing people at night or in low light, SR AUTO optimizes flash range, shutter speed, and exposure of the portraits, while capturing smooth and luminous background.
- Backlit Portrait: Optimizes brightness of the faces that usually end up in shadow and underexposure caused by the light behind.
Lets you take panorama photos as simply as 1, 2, 3! The camera automatically stitches together three consecutive shots, with simple in-frame guidance to ensure the images are aligned. The resulting image is saved to the memory card as an impressive panorama.
Easy Upload to Social Networking
Don't wait until you get home to start choosing which pictures to upload to FACEBOOK. Start the process in camera by tagging the pictures you want to share. The next time you connect to your home computer your images will upload automatically. The same goes for movie clips too, which can also be uploaded to YouTube™.
Easy Web Uploading to YouTube™ and FACEBOOK via MyFinePix Studio
It's as easy as one, two, three. Shoot pictures and HD video clips, edit them in camera, and tag them for upload to your FACEBOOK profile page or YouTube™ account.